Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LG HD LED TV  (Read 4866 times)
woolster

« on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:38:35 »

need some advice before i start to complain, i have recently purchased a 47inch LG LED HD tv to replace my old 47inch, it is advertised as being 100hz, but ive started to notice alot of lag whilst watching different channels, i have a virgin HD tivo box which with my old tv had no problems, so tonight i found out that it is running at 50hz 1080i, cant find anything in the manual etc to up the hz if indeed i can, any ideas geeks Hmmm
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:41:10 by woolster » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:40:42 »

Model number?
woolster

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:41:38 »

Model number?
LG 47LW450U 47 Inch 3D Full HD
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:41:39 »

Apparently all british TV channels broadcast at 50hz, after a brief google search I found this thread on AV forums
woolster

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:43:56 »

Apparently all british TV channels broadcast at 50hz, after a brief google search I found this thread on AV forums
intresting, thanks si Crash
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:44:32 »

No worries.

a 47" 3D TV eh? Plastering going well at the moment? Wink
woolster

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:47:56 »

No worries.

a 47" 3D TV eh? Plastering going well at the moment? Wink
argos card, buy now repent later
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:53:37 »

Ahhh.

Apart from the lag, how's the TV working out for you? I've never watched a 3D TV.
woolster

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 19:56:21 »

Ahhh.

Apart from the lag, how's the TV working out for you? I've never watched a 3D TV.
the 3D is superb, the lags not that bad but i notice it now and again, ken barlow just aint the same Doh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 20:11:16 »

You might want to turn on/set to hight the  "trumotion" setting for watching sport to see if it helps (if option is available). Not sure what side effects it may have..
woolster

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 20:13:14 »

You might want to turn on/set to hight the  "trumotion" setting for watching sport to see if it helps (if option is available). Not sure what side effects it may have..
will have a look to see if i can do this, cheers all
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 20:39:41 »

When you say it "lags", do you mean the sound is slightly ahead of the picture/picture ahead of the sound? As in lip synch is out?

Or do you mean the picture judders when shots move?

All broadcasts in the UK are displayed at 50Hz....that's different to the 100Hz processing in the TV which is the refresh rate of the panel. Tvs are now offering 600Hz refresh rates still using the 50hz picture format of broadcasting....the two don't effect each other....majorly.

Im guessing you mean my first comment when you say lag...if so. Go into the TiVo box setting menu...there should be an audio delay or such option where you can adjust the amount sound delay or pre delay so the lip synch is together. That's if you can spare the amount of time the TiVo box takes you to get there.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 20:49:17 »

When you say it "lags", do you mean the sound is slightly ahead of the picture/picture ahead of the sound? As in lip synch is out?

Or do you mean the picture judders when shots move?

All broadcasts in the UK are displayed at 50Hz....that's different to the 100Hz processing in the TV which is the refresh rate of the panel. Tvs are now offering 600Hz refresh rates still using the 50hz picture format of broadcasting....the two don't effect each other....majorly.

Im guessing you mean my first comment when you say lag...if so. Go into the TiVo box setting menu...there should be an audio delay or such option where you can adjust the amount sound delay or pre delay so the lip synch is together. That's if you can spare the amount of time the TiVo box takes you to get there.

I'm thinking it's more the latter. If you watch an action film or something with fast moving scenes, it may do that. Or if you watch football...

Not sure how you'd fix it. Heard plasma was better than LCD in that respect. But that's not really an option.

woolster

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 21:04:49 »

it is the latter, slight judder
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 21:17:20 »

Ah...damn

Maybe try putting the picture to 720p format from the TiVo box...the progressive scan (p) will often be smoother than an interlaced (i) picture. That said, if that doesn't cure it, im not sure what else can be done as it sounds like something to do with the TV it's self. Have a play around with the picture settings and modes on the TV before considering taking it back or complaining though if you want to go down that route.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: