Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: play-off thread  (Read 81436 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 20:59:57 »

so, if this is to be believed we will have - potentially - ferry, pack, smith, risser, ritchie, devita, rooney, holmes and bostock for next season.  i'd give risser the old heave ho but it's not my decision to make, assuming he will only be a slightly versatile squad player then that midfield looks decent enough to me

The only problem with that is remove Risser and you have a very lightweight midfield. Think we need a hardman in there personally. Not sure who though.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:01:18 »

I think Risser is now a back up centre back.  Not sure how PDC sees J Smith, but the midfield looks like its getting there - given that Pack is 100% definitely signing...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:02:48 »

pack is a big old chap, smith knows how to put it about a bit and ritchie is a game son of a gun.

i see your point though, mind in our L1 PO year none of them were big boys really, it's a bit more of a footballing league
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:03:07 »

I think Pack would be a great signing.  Chelt fans have been raving about him all season and he looked good against us at CG.

McGlashan did look good today but that is first time I've been impressed with him in 4 times I've seen him.

Mohammed is like Road Runner - rapid in a straight line but 9 times out of 10 runs straight into a defender.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:04:04 »

Risser might become a defender.

This.

He told me he wants to stay, has enjoyed it here since xmas.

However he knows he still has the booboys after him and is down about that.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:04:20 »

The only problem with that is remove Risser and you have a very lightweight midfield. Think we need a hardman in there personally. Not sure who though.

You also need a few players who are willing squad players and don't piss and moan every time they are dropped but can come in and do a reasonable job.

Players I would put in that bracket are Risser, Connell and Devita. They're all invaluable IMO.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:19:17 »

You also need a few players who are willing squad players and don't piss and moan every time they are dropped but can come in and do a reasonable job.

Players I would put in that bracket are Risser, Connell and Devita. They're all invaluable IMO.

Great point.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:33:18 »

But he's not that 'hard'... and even less so when his severe lack of mobility means he can't get near the fellas passing it round him.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 21:59:44 »

But he's not that 'hard'... and even less so when his severe lack of mobility means he can't get near the fellas passing it round him.

He's pretty 'hard'. The amount of times he gets battered in a game is a joke.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 06:24:40 »

HP. Works at the club.

I'll wait for the next instalment.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DRS

« Reply #355 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 06:45:22 »

Bit slow on that nev,that was yesterday.Come on ketchup
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #356 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 07:59:41 »

Have we actually ever been linked to Pack or is all this because he's chums with Ritchie?

4th and 5th out. 6th and 7th go to Wembley.

Well done Play-Offs, you've done it again.
The rumour came about purely from him sitting with his old mate Ritchie at the PFA awards back in March from a hugely unreliable source on the Cheltnumb forum. PdC has never stated he wants him so I doubt we will even bother making a bid which will be much more than he is actually worth.

Better off going for O'Kane who offers something different and PdC has stated he is interested in him.

This.

He told me he wants to stay, has enjoyed it here since xmas.

However he knows he still has the booboys after him and is down about that.
He told me the same Tans, says he really loves playing at Swindon and has settled well in the area and is training all summer to get himself fit for next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:05:08 »

Bit slow on that nev,that was yesterday.Come on ketchup

You typed that with relish DRS.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DRS

« Reply #358 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:11:35 »

You know me Nev,keen as mustard
Flashheart

« Reply #359 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:14:58 »

You two are going to find yourself in a bit of a pickle if you don't stop punning.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: