Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: play-off thread  (Read 80978 times)
kerry red

« Reply #570 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:33:24 »

Get Leitch-Smith.

Plus, I just love that fella called Tootle - what a name!

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:38:43 »

Pack is a neat and tidy player,but wouldn't compliment Ferry imo. ferry's weakness is his stature and strength and Pack doesn't do enough off the ball to slot in there.I'd be looking elsewhere myself
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:41:28 »

Pack only looks good when he's the spare man in a 5 man midfield.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:42:01 »

Welcome Crewe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:42:49 »

Bollocks to signing Marlon Pack - he's done diddly squat in the play-off games

You obviously didn't see his goal from a free-kick at Torquay then...

Anyway, all over...2-0 Crewe

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
kerry red

« Reply #575 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:43:03 »

Well deserved 2nd for Crewe - that Byron Moore looks useful too

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:43:18 »

that goal there pack didn't track smith who passed for the goal. luxury palyer and we can't afford that
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 15:44:48 »

If we weren't keen on players who go missing at Wembley, we might need to have quite the summer sale...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:05:23 »

Nice result.

The best team remain in league 2 for another season. I will not be disappointed at missing out on trip to numb.

Crewe have been unstoppable and I bet they were disappointed that the season ended when it did.

First game getting dicked by Swindon and the last game winning promotion.....sweet.

Clems Army!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #579 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:06:04 »

Guess Billy can open his contract offer now, shame he didn't get on. Enjoyable game, Num had their chances but finishing was woeful along with some resolute Crewe defending
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:08:07 »

Pack is a neat and tidy player,but wouldn't compliment Ferry imo. ferry's weakness is his stature and strength and Pack doesn't do enough off the ball to slot in there.I'd be looking elsewhere myself
This, if we were to sign him it would be to replace Ferry and not play alongside him. He'd probably be a better option than Ferry due to his goal threat but money would be better spent elsewhere.

Two more central midfielders are a must (unless Cox gets a look in) but I think you have summed up Pack nicely there.

Not fussed on Bodin - him playing about 3 minutes of the play offs speaks volumes. No doubt there will be outrage from some fans if he moves on.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #581 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:09:46 »

Oh and nine of their players came through their academy, that's brilliant
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:16:36 »

Not at all impressed with Pack today, nor did he stand out in either of the Torquay games, free-kick excepted.
I don't think he's what we need for next season.

Mohamed continued to fluff his chances in the second half, he's fast but never has any end-product.

A good number of the Crewe players look handy for such young ages.  I thought they looked decent in the first game of the season against us - probably one of the best away team performances all season, but they've matured a lot since then.

At the end celebrations Bodin looked as though he didn't feel as though he belonged.  I reckon he'll re-sign.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:28:33 »

Ashley Westwood looks a much better all round footballing prospect than Marlon Pack.

Obviously he doesn't have the physique of Pack.but i wouldn't be surprised if he has the
better long term career.He's also still only 22.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 17:12:40 »

Just to allow a moment of gloating...when we started to hit form last autumn, it was infuriating that no matter how well we were playing ourselves, we just didn't seem to be able to reel in two of the teams at the top - Cheltenham and Crawley - who kept winning game after game themselves.  If you had told me back then that we would finish top, and that both Cheltenham and Crawley would stay down, I'm not sure I'd have believed you.  Marathon, not a sprint, etc. etc.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: