Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: play-off thread  (Read 80997 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #540 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 18:24:47 »

Just checked train prices for say 11th August to Sheffield, no change out of £80, yuk
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 19:49:51 »

Not sure that he should take too much blame for this. If his star striker kept it in his pants, They'd have been up automatically I reckon.

Agreed. I like Wilson and I still think he would have kept us up.

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:47:16 »

I like Wilson too. Great night at Charlton, a playoff final and a gnats dick away from the Championship. The shit that followed should not obscure this.

Not sure he'd have kept us up, the squad were on holiday from December. But it was rubbish timing sacking him. Needed to be done before the transfer window, or at the end of the season.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:53:57 »

If Di Canio went tomorrow, and for some reason Grayson got the sack, i'd be all over getting him in

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 22:27:07 »

I like Wilson too. Great night at Charlton, a playoff final and a gnats dick away from the Championship. The shit that followed should not obscure this.

Not sure he'd have kept us up, the squad were on holiday from December. But it was rubbish timing sacking him. Needed to be done before the transfer window, or at the end of the season.

Didn't help having his best players sold either, anything would have been better than Hart
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #545 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 22:29:21 »

Didn't help having his best players sold either, anything would have been better than Hart
Hart was shit but I don't think any manager on Earth could have saved us after the fucking pile of shit situation Wilson left us in. As good as he was in the play off season, he was as fucking bad the next. 
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 22:37:58 »

No way was it irretrievable when Wilson left.
It was certainly looking bleak, especially as we hadn't replaced Paynter or Austin but a di Canio type character would have pulled it around.  I'm still not convinced that Wilson wouldn't have pulled it off too, but it was the right time for him to go.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 22:44:34 »

Hart was shit but I don't think any manager on Earth could have saved us after the fucking pile of shit situation Wilson left us in. As good as he was in the play off season, he was as fucking bad the next. 

I reckon we'd have stayed up with PDC. The players were capable of it but they just needed a kick up the arse, the right attitude and some motivation. Unfortunately, we got a walking advertisement for suicide instead.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 23:12:35 »

He wouldn't because he'd completely lost the dressing room and the players weren't interested.
Flashheart

« Reply #549 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 03:16:22 »

Which in itself would not have been an achievement, we were supposed to be going for promotion.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 08:28:37 »

Word

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #551 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 08:30:05 »

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 08:36:01 »

I thought Bodin did the right thing in the end by dropping many of them and putting in youth players. Think that was the way to have shaken things up.

Still, its history. Everything happens for a reason and we are now on the up!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kerry red

« Reply #553 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 09:05:46 »

Slow day so . . .

If we had got promoted with Wilson and, presumably, kept that team, do you reckon it was better than what we have now?

I realise it would be comparing teams in different leagues but, FWIW, I reckon our present side with PdC has enormous potential - especially with the financial backing there seems to be.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 09:10:15 »

I'd take Championship football over a team with potential.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: