Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aldershot Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 69640 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 22:56:05 »

Fiasco? Cost us the title?

It's a few lads having a beer and we are still miles clear, get a fucking grip

I haven't actually got any issue with them going out, but the fact that they were dropped tonight because of it and the whole team rejigged cost us the game.

I'm highly pissed off at spending £17 to watch that shite performance.  I'm cold, tired and have a splitting headache and don't want to get a fucking grip!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 22:58:37 »

I was stood in the East Terrace with the Shots fans and I must say the minute's silence with the trad red 'n white scarves aloft was a somewhat haunting and certainly memorable image, a very creditable mark of respect that was enhanced by Aldershot's  staging of it and the respect shown by their fans too.

Perhaps when things are less raw for PDC it is an intimate image that he will be able to recall with both sadness and affection.  Well done alll who brought their scarves.
fatbasher

« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 22:59:02 »

Or maybe i meant Jonah?

Still no offence intended.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:09:19 »

I'm home now. Pissed off. They just didn't show up tonight. Going to bed.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:09:53 »

Well, same old Swindon with a total let down at the big occasion.

Aldershot are effective and did us fair and square, big, physical and relentless.

We pissed about with team (for whatever reason......I don't care) and we paid a high price for it.

Every player to the man was shit....and poor old Murray was the scape goat....didnt or couldn't read the game and the strength of a kitten, I honestly think we would of been better off with him off and to play with ten.

Ref was poor in respect if trying to keep cards to a minimum...boh sides should of had a few more yellows.....ferry being kicked four times before he went down late on was a cert....however the ref did not blow it...we did!

Roll on the pikeys

Anti climax of the season.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:11:08 »

We were shit. I couldn't pick a MOM. Particularly shite were Murray and Rooney. Macca fucked up for the 1st and Flint for the 2nd. We were 2nd to every ball and Aldershot thoroughly deserved their win. We just weren't at the races today.
Credt to Aldershot for the minutes silence.
What a fucking trek to the away end - didn't fuck around like that back in the 70's and 80's.

Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:21:18 »

So today is the day we seal promotion at last!

and in my opinion, by 10pm tonight, we'll also be champions.
It's lovely being this confident, I don't think I ever have been before.

4-0 Win to show everyone why we're champions.

COYR!

This is all your fault. I expect you thought you could go out on the piss all weekend and start another match winning thread like magic eh? You've got to be professional. It goes without saying that you've let the TEF, Team and everyone who travelled to Aldershot down.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:41:14 »

This is all your fault. I expect you thought you could go out on the piss all weekend and start another match winning thread like magic eh? You've got to be professional. It goes without saying that you've let the TEF, Team and everyone who travelled to Aldershot down.

This.

And I was standing in the fucking home stands. Even fucking worse. Got back 40 mins ago. Still cold.

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:50:30 »

It's true, I went out Thursday but PDC's bollocking was aimed at me!

That was infuriating.
So annoyed as that probably the last game i'll get to see this year. unless I shell out £30 for the train to Vale.

Still the minutes silence was amazingly upheld by all and the atmosphere in general was again superb.

We are Swindon, We don't need a drum was a highlight.

RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:52:32 »

Just got back. what a pile of shit.

If the stories about our players on the piss are true, then I must say that I have more respect for the Shots fans than our players....until Saturday.

Fair play to Aldershot for that gesture before the game.

PDC was very subdued which is understandable due to his loss, but how much have certain players let him down?

As for Murray, well don't play high balls to him! Simples! I think he should be given a second chance if we can keep the ball on the ground.....in League 1!?!!!!

See you at Pikeyville.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:54:09 »

Been back a few mins, a couple of thoughts....

-We were shite tonight.
-Away support was excellent (and fair play to Aldershot for the minutes silence they created a good atmosphere also and were a decent side)
-Play like that on Saturday and we'll get beat again
-Players that were culprits of going out have served their penalty, now time to work hard for Saturday and get the result we need
-Shrews away at Accrington Saturday, I expect them to win that so again we'll pressure is on us to get the result in what will be an intimidating place to go (especially with this build up we're having and the no fans in the ground rule right now)
-Can only assume Murray played as Connell was 1 of those who was on the piss Saturday....I won't start on Murray as I'll be here all night but to sum up he was weak, ineffective and couldn't score in a brothel (that said if he plays Saturday he'll most likely score 3)
-There is more but I'm shattered and have work tomorrow, passing thought though some lovely birds got on the train on the way home to cheer us up a bit  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 23:58:33 »

I think since Oxford our problems have been exposed more and more. It's been a fantastic season and we must remember that. Expectation levels got so high on the winning run and I think we all thought we were better than we are. That said, we have a class team for league 2 and recent games I hope will help Paolo on where we need to change things in the summer.

Tonight's line up had a lot of players not good enough for the cut. We had nothing in CM, our threat on the wings has dried up and we have a very poor strike force that has been saved by the other players chopping in with goals. We have a solid defence and we missed Mcleverley tonight. But keeping so many clean sheets is one of the main factors to our success. Ferry is awesome but I think for an attacking CM he should contribute in goals. I would also like to see McCormack play a couple of games in CM because he showed again tonight how dangerous he is when he pushes up.

Tonight we were well beaten and another factor was they had a big strong side and we lost too many headers and were muscled off the ball easily. So maybe we need a couple more units in there. The strike force is the main thing though, but with a couple more tweaks this is a very good side that will compete in league one. Once the dissspointment of tonight is over and hopefully the usual faces return and Murray is dropped we will end a fantastic season on a high.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 00:01:44 »

-There is more but I'm shattered and have work tomorrow, passing thought though some lovely birds got on the train on the way home to cheer us up a bit  Cheesy

Yes they were nice, but did you see the geezer get on at the stop before? Worse Bobby Charlton comb over I have EVER seen! For you oldies, remember the Hamlet commercials with Rab C Nesbit??  Clap
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:14:00 »

What a load of horse shit that was last night.

Fair play to Aldershot, they were a big, strong team and looked very dangerous on the break. I still don't know why he picks Murray over Connell Huh?

We need to get Ritchie back ASAP and put Holmes on the left wing cos he'd be far more effective. Rooney was shit last night.

Again, why drop Jay McClevely Huh??
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 06:20:09 »

Very little to say that hasn't been said already.  We were definitely second best...so fair play to Aldershot for their win.  I can see why Risser was picked; Aldershot are a big, physical side so the thinking was probably that Risser would counter some of that threat - but it just didn't work.  We barely had a centre midfield for most of the game.  Such an anti-climax.

On a more positive note, was a pleasure to meet Pumbaa last night.  Hope you got back OK - and survived the experience of having to watch that from the home end!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: