Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England  (Read 18694 times)
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 12:38:03 »

It might appear funny at first to some, but using the whole front page to take the piss out of someone's speech impediment is beyond disgraceful. Can't believe so many people buy it, they're as much to blame for encouraging this style of journalism as Murdoch is for printing it.

Agreed - not particularly edifying to see the most read newspaper in the UK being quite so rude about his speech impediment. Perhaps I've not got my finger on the pulse of the UK - but I don't think it is acceptable.

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 12:50:26 »

There was a time that I found papers like the sun absolutely loathsome. Then I had the epiphany it's the cunts that buy that shit that are really to blame.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 12:54:30 »

I assume the headline just says 'WOY' or something similar?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Coca Fola

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 12:56:47 »

Nah they've written a 4 page spread on him with all the r's weplaced with w's.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:02:08 »

I saw the front page earlier and thought that was bad enough, can't believe they've done a 4 page spread in that style. Just another example of their juvenile reporting style, thinking they're being humerous when actually they're quite offensive!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:05:41 »

It's not often I like to paraphrase Gordon Brown, but the Sun really has just descended from the gutter to the sewer.

They should be ashamed.  (But they won't be.)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:08:12 »

Jesus wept!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:12:03 »

There was a time that I found papers like the sun absolutely loathsome. Then I had the epiphany it's the cunts that buy that shit that are really to blame.

I go along with this...if you dont like it dont buy it. It was worth buying when Sam Fox was around....

Bathtime
woolster

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:21:42 »

i hope he does well, doesnt seem the kind of bloke who likes a clique, might be wrong, as some have said get rid of the ego's, glad that rednapp never got it, it really would have been a job for the boys & his son then, good luck roy & fuck the sun
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:31:10 »

Fola's caught a few there

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 13:33:02 »

Fola's caught a few there

To be fair, it is the Sun we are talking about so its not exactly beyond the realms of possibility.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 15:43:49 »

Apparently the PCC have had a lot of complaints about it, and the FA has told the Sun they're a tad upset.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 20:17:25 »

I assume the headline just says 'WOY' or something similar?

Cowwect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 21:10:59 »

Apparently the PCC have had a lot of complaints about it, and the FA has told the Sun they're a tad upset.

The BBC has it as over 100 complaints. Wow. Or that be Ror.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 10:54:56 »

I went to St Ives in February and got talking to a guy in the hotel bar we were staying in.
He claimed he was an ex professional footballer (Harry Kirk was his name) and said he played for Chelsea and also played with Mike Summerbee at Manchester City.
I've googled him and cannot find any reference to him playing for either Chelsea or Man City.

Anyway, he told me this story about when he was coaching in Sweden and Hodgson had just started his coaching career and wasn't really a big name, but had just won the Swedish league title.
Apparently, Harry Kirk was in a hotel bar with Alan Ball and they were winding Hodgson up about clubs he had played for, and apparently Alan Ball ripped into him saying he was full of shit and they were generally taking the piss out of him.

Several years later, Harry Kirk bumped into Hodgson in Milan (when he was at Inter) and asked if he could possibly get him 4 tickets for the match that evening for him and three VIP's that he was with. Hodgson said that would be no problem and said 4 tickets would be at reception for him prior to kick off.

He (Kirk) apparently turned up at the ground with these 3 VIP's and was handed an envelope by the receptionist. All that was in the envelope was a letter from Hodgson saying something along the lines of "If you think i'll give you 4 free tickets for tonights game after the way you spoke to me all those years ago in Sweden, you can go and fuck yourself".

Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but it was an interesting story nonetheless.

He also claimed he is Neil Warnock's best mate and worked with him at QPR and is now his chief scout at Leeds United.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: