Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vodafone question  (Read 3814 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:37:15 »

I have a pay as you go phone with Vodafone and I am considering going over to a contract with them, does anyone know if you can "take" your number with you or am I likely to be given a new number?

Ta x
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:50:10 »

I have a pay as you go phone with Vodafone and I am considering going over to a contract with them, does anyone know if you can "take" your number with you or am I likely to be given a new number?

Ta x

Yes you can - I did
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:54:13 »

Perfick. Ta
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 12:58:30 »

come to think about it I went from Orange contract to Vodafone contract to Vodafone Sim Only and back to Orange contract all with the same number. So I lied - sorry

But based on that I would expect that you could.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:32:43 »

Not Vodafone I know but I went from PAYG o2 to contract o2 and kept the same number

So I would imagine it can be done on Vodafone
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 15:05:39 »

On a related note, I spoke to o2 yesterday to reduce my bill now I'm out of contract. They've reduced my bill to £8.50 per month from £37.50! I don't get as many minutes, or unlimited data, but as I don't spend much time using the phone, it's much better. It's 300 mins, unlimited texts and 100mb of data.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 15:20:42 »

barry!! read this..

last week i went into o2 shop as my samsung galaxy contract had run out, i said i just wanted a shit phone with no internet or ting. they recycled my galaxy for 110 quid. got set up on contract for £26 a month, 600 minutes and unlimited texts, started looking round the shop for new phone. Saw iphone was free on this contract, got it and recycled it immediately and got another 200 quid, bought shit phone (nokia) for 90. ended up 220 quid better off Smiley
stfcinbmth

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 15:30:03 »

On a related note, I spoke to o2 yesterday to reduce my bill now I'm out of contract. They've reduced my bill to £8.50 per month from £37.50! I don't get as many minutes, or unlimited data, but as I don't spend much time using the phone, it's much better. It's 300 mins, unlimited texts and 100mb of data.

Think I'll do something similar when mine is up in August, won't be needing a new phone as the Desire is still in mint nick, don't want to be tied into another two year deal

300mins Unlimited texts and 500mb data will be fine
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 15:47:34 »

barry!! read this..

last week i went into o2 shop as my samsung galaxy contract had run out, i said i just wanted a shit phone with no internet or ting. they recycled my galaxy for 110 quid. got set up on contract for £26 a month, 600 minutes and unlimited texts, started looking round the shop for new phone. Saw iphone was free on this contract, got it and recycled it immediately and got another 200 quid, bought shit phone (nokia) for 90. ended up 220 quid better off Smiley

Nice. Until I was sold an iPhone for £50, I'd only used Motorola Razrs since they came out, so I always used to get new phones and flog them on eBay. If it wasn't for Apple's Google Apps support and my love for iCal, Mail and Notes sync on an iPhone, I'd be back on a Razr in a heartbeat. Smart phones and "apps" are fucking bent.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 16:17:15 »

Sim only deals are so much cheaper. Worth doing it if you're not too fussed about keeping your phone or having a bog standard "makes texts and calls" one.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 19:38:16 »

Think I'll do something similar when mine is up in August, won't be needing a new phone as the Desire is still in mint nick, don't want to be tied into another two year deal

300mins Unlimited texts and 500mb data will be fine

Check out GiffGaff. It's PAYG but you can buy monthly bundles.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 20:31:22 »

If you get a contract, i can do you 30% discount...

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 20:43:03 »

Wheres me keys....wheres me phone?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 20:44:26 »

Cheesy

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 15:54:33 »

Wheres me keys....wheres me phone?

Ha, you only have to worry about your keys
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up