Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [rant] Notts Forest Home - help decide my fate.  (Read 4067 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 20:43:28 »

Dear TEFers,

When the fixtures come out I look first for the dates we put a nail into the City promotion coffin, then any 'big' games. This year I was looking forward to Notts Forest in particular.

Now at this point  I should mention that bought a season ticket on the last day of last season.

FF to last week and what happens. An invite arrives and the wifes friend has gone and bleedin' arranged for her daughter to be christened on Aug 13th 2pm, same day as Forest at home.  "No problem" I say to 'er indoors, go and have a nice time with the little one. I'll see you after.

Imagine my suprise when my wife 'announces'  to me that I am going too.

So my question is - How the hell do I get out of this Christening and avoid suspension of marital services for the forseeable future?

Some facts:
1. I bought my season ticket before the Christening invite.
2. Our sons first Birthday party (birthday is 10th) was arranged for 6th so that I could go to football on 13th with her full consent.
3. She missed the same persons first childs christening because she  had arranged to go on a 'girlie weekend' in some hotel IN SWINDON (we live near Basingstoke).

I am fast coming to the conclusion that I'll just have to tell her to sod off and take the consequences. So I could be homeless as well as jobless soon, but I'll always have my STFC season ticket to keep me company.
Sussex

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 20:49:51 »

That's a pretty dire situation Batch.

I can recommend www.kittyofsussex.com for the lack of marital action though. Deep throat like you've never experienced before!

(apparently, ahem)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 20:56:46 »

Lay the law down.......then get in a babysitter and take her out for some quality time together.....first year of motherhood can be stressful......
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 21:02:10 »

Take it she knows the date of the 13th is the Forest game?

Makes any attempt of tying to come up with a decent excuse a tough one.

If you can't lie and get away with it then try the next best thing.  Bribery.

Come up with a decent package then wait for the right moment preferably with alcohol.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 21:04:02 »

Bribe her with something.

Plus if you got the ticket before and she knows you wanna go then shouldn't she just let you?? You could try the guilt treatment and just not talk to her until she lets you but you may be a little too old for that.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 21:30:04 »

Tell her to fuck off!

/
W56196272
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 23, 2005, 21:54:04 »

Bring up fact number 3 and say its aright for her to miss a christening, so why should it be any different for you?. Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 08:58:15 »

Cheers guys. I took  slightly more diplomatic approach to Yeovils advice. Think I have swung it  in my favour, she said she didn't really understand my football 'obsession' (I could be worse) and that "I guess Alex and I will go to the Christening on our own".

I left it as a "thanks love" at that point, I realise she didn't mean it but what the hell.

I put it into perspective by tellling her how it could be worse, our friends are quite skint at the moment and need a new boiler. However Mr X has just renewed his Chelsea season ticket and hasn't told Mrs X yet - now that is trouble!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 10:16:09 »

ahhh this all slots into place, i thought it was your kid batch. i should read everything twice  Cheesy  :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 10:23:00 »

"you spend your whole life following a shit football team!"

Words every one of us will hear from a woman at some point in our lives.
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 11:46:14 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
"you spend your whole life following a shit football team!"

Words every one of us will hear from a woman at some point in our lives.

But we dont follow Oxford!?.
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 12:06:04 »

Thats what I said! As she slammed the door.  
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 12:06:27 »

Result.   :\/

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 14:23:22 »

Ha ha I give great advice.

(I dont rememeber typing that)
 Cool

/
W56196272
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 24, 2005, 20:35:56 »

Call the Vicar, offer a donation to his organ fund, and suggest that he might have to rearrange all baptisms until the 20th.  If that won't work, have a terminal migraine attack Saturday morning, sneek out to the game, watch the first half, and sneek back home before everyone arrives back.  If the Town haven't won it by half time, they probably won't win it all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: