Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42324 times)
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:33:17 »

Yeah watching it on my laptop. Missed the own goal. Feel sorry for Risser.
See how many chances we actually had. Whether we played better on TV than IRL.

I feel for him too, it was harsh. Will be good to see what actually happened close up rather than from the far end of the ground. The commentators are doing my head in going on about Paolo's scarf - i know the football wasn't great but still!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:33:39 »

Love the fact Paolo had his bobble hat in the dugout!

dporter

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:35:11 »

Love the fact Paolo had his bobble hat in the dugout!

He's quite wise, you never know what the English weather might do!!
adam192

« Reply #228 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:36:10 »

I just want to say thanks to the guy from swindon in the bogs who told my old man he's a glory supporting cunt after supporting the town for 50 years and having a season ticket for the whole of the 60s and 70s makes you proud to be
from swindon dont worry ive told the old cunt

stop eating and buy a season ticket for next year instead!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:38:15 »

Quite a miss from Connell there. I thought he made much more contact and was much closer to the goal. He had so much time

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:45:05 »

Well this is depressing.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:50:53 »

Just got back from Wembley, all be it after an episode at Reading on the train involving a couple of drunk Swindon fans and ridiculous O.T.T old bill...that's another story in itself though....

onto today...well 2 visits to Wembley now and 2 defeats with 0 goals seen for Swindon, a worrying performance that saw Chesterfield see our gameplan and close down very well. Ritchie was poor and has been for 4/5 weeks now which is worrying...whether he is missing Caddis only time will tell??! Not sure what it was but it felt like we were the Wigan side that played against us in the FA Cup (dominating possession but didn't really go anywhere?)...Connell should have scored 1st half, guess he didn't realise how much time he had on his hands.

Didn't see the 1st goal as was finishing off my pint where I saw the Chesterfield end bouncing around, just thought they were welcoming back their side after half-time, how wrong was I?...Atmosphere was a lot better than the Millwall game and good to see us take 29k. Just shows the potential we can have if we move up the leagues.

Anyway enough of blabbing, I'm tired, cranky, pissed and gutted (yes people will say it's only the JPT but to lose 'there' twice in 3 years and score 0 goals is a bit frustrating to say least)...up at 7am for work & another long week!

Keep the faith! C.O.Y.R -We'll bounce back! (Just hope we keep going in the league and go up automatically now-not sure if I could take another visit 'there' and see us be defeated again :S )

You talk more sense than most!

Now, ain't that just like me?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 05:38:33 »

If it hadnt of been for the own goal i'd have bet my house on it finishing 0-0 after 90 minutes. Neither team looked like scoring.

Abso-fucking-lutely. We wouldn't have put ourselves under so much pressure or conceded another if it wasn't for Paolo's rash decision to go 3-4-3.

Regarding the criticism Holmes has received for his performance, I think it pretty much summed up the entire day - full of promise but didn't deliver.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 06:40:03 »

How can people say Holmes was good?

Thought Holmes was still one of the few players who looked like creating something today.

This. Got out wide and attacked the full back in the first half. Should have scored and was our only attacking threat even if the final ball was lacking. By comparison yesterday Ritchie, Benson and Connell were bollocks.

Strangely enough the non-regular I went with said he thought Connell looked better and tried harder than Benson. I think neither looked good thanks to the lack of service.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:18:42 »

Beaten by another kick and rush team. They had a game plan, stuck to it and it worked. We tried to out-play them which didn't work and then resorted to lumping it forward.

It was plain to see that Chesterfield had a massive kick up the arse at half time.

Overall we were just far too wasteful in possession, continuously looking for the hollywood ball or looking to put one in the top corner from 30 yards.

sw63

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:51:00 »

Overall, a disapointing day out. But a day out nevertheless. Something which a lot of clubs won't get this season. The sinking feeling of loosing at Wembley wore off quite quickly, when considering the rest of the season and our likelihood of promotion. I feel that this may not be the case for Chesterfield. The high of winning the cup will soon be a memory, and relegation will loom once again.

Performance wise, i think they were the better team. They had a tactic which they stuck to and it worked. We seemed to lack creativity from the centre of midfield, something which I thought Bostock would add but he didnt. Holmes played well considering the service he was given; likewise with Connell and Benson - they won there fair share of headers but the killer ball was always missing.

It was clear to me that we need another centre back. We can't continue with midfielders playing out of position. Despite how good McCormack is. McEverly didn't impress me at all, Cibocci was far superior when he came on.

Oh well, onwards and upwards! COYR!
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:53:10 »

A day off and it's sunny, so this is lifting my spirits a bit.

When we got home my wife asked the boys what the best part of the day was, to which the answer was the meal on the Harrow Road on the way home - about sums it up.

It is easy to forget how new PDC is to management, and he came across as a bit naive yesterday in many ways - his team selection was wrong (IMO), he didn't adjust tactics to account for the much wider pitch (we play very narrow at the CG and our midfielders were isolated in the wide open spaces), and in some of his post match comments.

Hopefully lessons have been learnt - now back to the league.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 07:58:43 »

I think two things sum it up really :

1) When Paolo said we played the better football but were ineffective
2) The fact that his naivety shone through by playing the 2 new loanees and poor substituions.

Don't think anyone had a rally bad game just not as good as we expect or know. The own goal changed it all.  I think that as someone has already said we need a plan B (maybe get Ritchie to play on the left ??). The balls into the box were ineffective and too samey and their CB's did well - lets have some variation and blast some low and hard or cut it back.  

Had a good day though - all in all not a bad season.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #238 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:15:24 »

A day off and it's sunny, so this is lifting my spirits a bit.

Me too

Disappointing day, but promotion far more important

Not really much to say about it really, still a bit down tbh

Played well first half without being able to find the back of the net. Holmes did ok in my book but I wasn't too impressed with the short corners. Ritchie pretty much double marked so totally ineffective. Chesterfield defended well, hence Benson and Connell not getting a sniff
Don't think the loan players should have been starting over the ones that got us there

On the plus side, I have some cash left as drinking in the Green Man was pretty much impossible, won't be doing that again
So will go out for a nice brekkie later and then clean my filthy car

newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:18:07 »

You talk more sense than most!
Anyone else sat near me with the lad with the mega phone shouting abuse so everyone could here himsaelf, my poor kids were scared stiff of the drunken yob my little boy was quite upset  with him sat right behind us.finally got turfed out by stewards obviously we wernt the onlyones pissed off. Angry
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: