Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42237 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:27:44 »

He had a beer in the Green Man also....he was loving it.
He said a few weeks ago how much he loved the club and was now a fan and a few cynical cunts were saying, "well he would say that wouldn't he...." and so on.

He has proved those people to be the cynical cunts that they are. Actions speak louder than words.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:38:31 »

Good weather, good beer, good Atmosphere, poor performance, crap result and decent day out overall.

Shit happens, bring on Rovers!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:39:36 »

Di Canio’s naivety as a manager shone through today in his selection of two loan players who only joined this week.  An absolutely ridiculous game to throw them into and as others have said, completely unfair on those who missed out when they’ve put in the work to get us there.  His substitutions also left a lot to be desired – very strange all round.

We were by far the better side in the first half and had Connell taken a bit more time with his effort instead of attempting an overhead kick, could have been 1-0 up at the break.  I was still settling for the second half when we conceded and most of our group missed the goal completely.  There’s always a risk when you’re playing somebody at CB and it’s not their natural position that they’ll make a costly error.  I’m sorry for Risser that it was today of all days, I expect he’s devastated.  Seemed odd that Flint wasn’t on the bench, because a straight swap could have been done when Di Canio brought him off?

It was a disappointing display all round and the majority of players were well below the standard we have come to see from them.  To be honest, we could still be playing now and I doubt we’d have scored.  The amount of corners and crosses into the box that were wasted was criminal.

A lot of people don’t seem overly bothered, but I feel quite disappointed.  It’s not nice to be losers at Wembley twice in 3 years.

We also really need to pick ourselves up and refocus on the League.  I’m genuinely worried that our last 3 games away from the CG (including today) have all ended in 2-0 defeats  On the basis that we have 5 away games left and only 4 home, we need to start picking up points again away.  The thought of us buggering up the League and ending up back at Wembley in the Play Offs is unbearable!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:48:28 »

Gutted frankly, I honestly thought we could win this.

Performance just wasn't there.

1st half we were ok-ish I though. 2nd there was nothing.

Ritchie was non existant, he REALLY misses Caddis.

Still, Green man was good again. and singing 'We are Swindon, we're top of the league' was something I got to experience for the first time.

Oh, and I got a picture with Lee Peacock in the pub, so not too bad.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 20:57:41 »

I am sure mcevaly is a lovely guy but the choice to start with him was odd. Seeing a loan player go into the starting line up at wembley in a cup final having played no part in getting the team there if I was cibo or Kennedy would have me big style miffed.

Agree with someone who said earlier paolo hit the panic button to soon in going 3-4-3 so soon after going behind.

Ritchie without caddis is no where near the same player. 

Ronan Murray ..... like most would rather have had billy bodin.

I hate wembley. Knock down the arch and bring back the twin towers we never lost with those bad boys!!!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:03:28 »

Arse - that is all
adje

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:05:41 »

Well going out on a limb I thought McEvely and Holmes were both very poor.Holmes had so much posession 1st half but went past the full back once.McEvely's distribution was piss poor.I thought it was a disgrace they both started.Ferry and Benson were the only players who came out of this game with any credit and as for Murray and Bostock both fucking shit should never have got on either of 'em.Dont care if I get criticised but PDC totally to blame for this non-performance

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:06:25 »

That was fucking bollocks. Chesterfield  weren't brilliant, but did a good job on us, and deserv ed to win. Fair play also to their fans, good bunch, spoke to loads throughout the day, and i thought even though outnumbered they were quite noisy.
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:08:34 »

Just got in. Pissed as a fart. Couldn't give a shit about the result, we will still win the league. Fuck em all.
COME ON YOU REDS.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:09:50 »

Fair comment

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:10:42 »

Well going out on a limb I thought McEvely and Holmes were both very poor.Holmes had so much posession 1st half but went past the full back once.McEvely's distribution was piss poor.I thought it was a disgrace they both started.Ferry and Benson were the only players who came out of this game with any credit and as for Murray and Bostock both fucking shit should never have got on either of 'em.Dont care if I get criticised but PDC totally to blame for this non-performance

Really? I thought Holmes was our most effective player in the first half because he kept making loads of space and some of his ball were decent, he was a lot more effective than Ritchie. McEvelely looked a good assured left back to me, and didn't do anything wrong for me, not the most attack-minded full backs but look good for me. Ferry was brilliant agree with that, Benson was quiet we delivered a lot of balls and corners and he was just a yard too slow today. Murray was crap, and when Bostock came on we had stop playing football by then, so he struggled to settle into the game.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:14:49 »

Holmes to me,although involved a lot just did not deliver for me.Just dont understand the praise for McEvely at all-thought he looked awful.Thought Benson was the only forward who actually held the ball up and although it maybe have been too late for Bostock to make an impression his first touch was shocking.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:18:31 by adje » Logged

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:17:34 »

Had a very good day out but another woeful performance at Wembley.

Ok first half but the second was as bad as I have seen this season and up there with most of last season....utter shite.

Worse than the millwall disaster was unlike mil wall, Chesterfield were shite....but through battle and determination ....won the game...fair and square.

Saying all that....this was a big day out and icing on the cake....so let's win the league and ....fuck em all!

Clems Army!
carlmcq

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:20:05 »

Di Canio’s naivety as a manager shone through today in his selection of two loan players who only joined this week.  An absolutely ridiculous game to throw them into and as others have said, completely unfair on those who missed out when they’ve put in the work to get us there.  His substitutions also left a lot to be desired – very strange all round.

We were by far the better side in the first half and had Connell taken a bit more time with his effort instead of attempting an overhead kick, could have been 1-0 up at the break.  I was still settling for the second half when we conceded and most of our group missed the goal completely.  There’s always a risk when you’re playing somebody at CB and it’s not their natural position that they’ll make a costly error.  I’m sorry for Risser that it was today of all days, I expect he’s devastated.  Seemed odd that Flint wasn’t on the bench, because a straight swap could have been done when Di Canio brought him off?

It was a disappointing display all round and the majority of players were well below the standard we have come to see from them.  To be honest, we could still be playing now and I doubt we’d have scored.  The amount of corners and crosses into the box that were wasted was criminal.

A lot of people don’t seem overly bothered, but I feel quite disappointed.  It’s not nice to be losers at Wembley twice in 3 years.

We also really need to pick ourselves up and refocus on the League.  I’m genuinely worried that our last 3 games away from the CG (including today) have all ended in 2-0 defeats  On the basis that we have 5 away games left and only 4 home, we need to start picking up points again away.  The thought of us buggering up the League and ending up back at Wembley in the Play Offs is unbearable!

I echo that pretty much word for word - Di Canio's stock will have fallen somewhat today from those on the outside, looking  in (e.g. West Ham) due to his naiveity

In other news, I stopped drinking at half-time and have a stinking hangover at 10.15 in the evening. Other than that, seemed like the atmosphere was far better than Millwall, but in a stadium that size we'll always be asking a lot to get the chants reaching all corners of our half of the ground effectively.

Feel free to check out We Are Going Up's website - http://www.wearegoingup.co.uk

And of course on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/WAGUPodcast
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:21:54 »

Im dissapointed we lost but at least it was only the JPT i guess. It was Millwall all over again for me sadly though. We had possesion but did nothing with it. I thought we were ok first half without creating anything. Second half though we were bollocks though. Not sure why McKevely started. He should have gone with Cibo in my opinion. Stick to what you know. Today again highlighted how much we miss Caddis as well.

Our support was awful again. Im not sure I want to go back to Wemley. Our support there just frustrates me. Chants just didnt catch on sadly even in the singing section and the usual generic chants as well.

We can still win the league and let's be honest it is he biggest prize we could have gained back in August and it be quality if we do.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: