Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42317 times)
Spireite-in-peace

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:01:11 »

Well played today Guys, I know that a few Swindon fans thought you would turn us over without even turning up but the form book gets well and truly shat on on a day like today!though you were good first half and your width caused us problems but we created the clearer chances and well deserved to win it, especially with our wrongly disallowed goal in the first half!anyways I digress I just wanted to come on and wish u all the best for the rest of the season, don't let today get you down as you have a fantastic team and a fantastic manager, what you've done this season is phenomenal so keep it up and hopefully this will provide the boost we need to attempt to be able to meet u in the league next year!!!also don't let me down as you are my accumulator bet from before the season started to win the L2 title Smiley I want my money!!!!soapy tit wank peace out COYB
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:03:57 »

Cheers contrasts and um sod off :-D
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:10:11 »

Fair play to Chesterfield, you deserved it without a doubt.

Sky come up with their stats of 11 corners to 1 and 'posession over the last 10 minutes' of 80% to 20% in favour of Swindon and so on and it means fuck all. You got the ball in the net and we didn't.

My main disappointment is not that we lost but that we did not do ourselves justice on the day.

As I said elsewhere, Chesterfield battled, closed us down and played like their lives depended on it. But as I said then, you as a Chesterfield fan must be asking the question, "Where has that spirit been for the vast majority of the season?" Because you clearly cannot have played like that for the majority of the games this season, otherwise you would not be where you are. What do you put it down to?
Flashheart

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:10:11 »

They won the individual battles to the ball. We had no penetration despite dominating possession at times.

Boring stuff from Chesterfield but very effective, they deserved to win it more than we did.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:11:26 »

Well played today Guys, I know that a few Swindon fans thought you would turn us over without even turning up but the form book gets well and truly shat on on a day like today!though you were good first half and your width caused us problems but we created the clearer chances and well deserved to win it, especially with our wrongly disallowed goal in the first half!anyways I digress I just wanted to come on and wish u all the best for the rest of the season, don't let today get you down as you have a fantastic team and a fantastic manager, what you've done this season is phenomenal so keep it up and hopefully this will provide the boost we need to attempt to be able to meet u in the league next year!!!also don't let me down as you are my accumulator bet from before the season started to win the L2 title Smiley I want my money!!!!soapy tit wank peace out COYB
Good post, apart from your disallowed goal was yards off. How could you see it was on from your end? Anyway, no hard feelings to you guys, you took your chances and we didn't. Hopefully get our revenge in L1 next year. All the best.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:15:27 »

Good post, apart from your disallowed goal was yards off. How could you see it was on from your end? Anyway, no hard feelings to you guys, you took your chances and we didn't. Hopefully get our revenge in L1 next year. All the best.
I think it was on side in fairness. It was border line though (certainly not yards off). Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes not. Not that it matters now.
Fulham Red

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:17:00 »

Mistake from Di Canio to pick the loan players, could be quite a divisive move within the squad. De Vita deserved a chancr today as a reward for the effort he has put in this season. Is Ritchie believing his own hype? Best moment of the day was seeing a Muslim family posing for a photograph outside with the middle aged mum borrowing a red and white wig to wear over her hijab.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:17:38 »

They won the individual battles to the ball. We had no penetration despite dominating possession at times.

Boring stuff from Chesterfield but very effective, they deserved to win it more than we did.

The depressing thing was the fact that we were never quicker to the ball or winning the second ball, just didn't seem to want it as much!

Also the lack of a plan B, its all a little arsenal like at times.
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:22:21 »

The depressing thing was the fact that we were never quicker to the ball or winning the second ball, just didn't seem to want it as much!

Yep
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:23:44 »

Mistake from Di Canio to pick the loan players, could be quite a divisive move within the squad.
I agree. Although McEveley did do well I thought. What effect his selection had on team morale is anyone's guess though. Not too much we can only hope.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:27:06 »

Also the lack of a plan B, its all a little arsenal like at times.
I don't know about that, I just think we need a big bastard centre forward (Jon Parkin would be my choice) to mix it up a bit. Which, carrying on the Arsenal theme, is probably what they need (not Jon Parkin of course but someone of that ilk Wink)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:30:41 »

Fuck me is slow going getting out of shitty Wembley on this coach.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:31:16 »

Meh. Disappointing as hell but immaterial in the long run if we go on to win the league.

Slightly worrying that three games we've built up the most this year we've failed in, but don't think we can be too negative after the season we've had so far.

I do have fuck all idea what Ronan Murray is for though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:32:47 »

I take it tehouse was cup tied?

I think if anything today we would have benefited with a nippy player playing on the last shoulder to get the ball off Benson/Connell. They both bought the ball down a lot stood 5 yards to the side of the other with no one ahead.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:38:17 »

Just back. Chesterield's game plan worked a treat and we weren't very good today. Had connell not missed his effort in the first half it could have been different. No gripes at all.
Good day out an now going for a curry and beers!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: