Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shock as Swindon's fate not determined by who starts official matchday thread  (Read 9477 times)
IizBarry

« on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:19:55 »

Shock as Swindon's fate not determined by who starts official matchday thread

Swindon Town fans have been left confused after the club's 2-0 defeat to Oxford on Saturday highlighted that results aren't determined by who starts the official matchday threads, but could in fact be influenced in some way by footballers.

With Swindon currently occupying top spot in League 2, it had been thought that Town's recent run of form had been solely down to the ability of a drunken student to turn on his computer. However, the sudden realisation that this didn't create some kind of cosmic force that could manipulate a football into the opponents goal has left fans fearful that other factors may be involved.

"This is a worrying development," admitted one concerned fan. "I remember one time when the matchday thread was started by someone who was sober and we ended up drawing the game."

"It seemed like too much of a coincidence at the time, but after Saturday I'll have to rethink my belief that football is a game of chance determined by the actions of someone who has just spent several hours in a student union bar."

Swindon boss Paolo di Canio has urged his players to focus now that it has transpired that they might actually have something to do with the club's current league position.

"We have gone from a good moment to a bad moment, but we must get back to a good moment or we will stay in a bad moment which wouldn't be a good moment it would be a bad moment," he said flailing his arms around unnecessarily.

"I have said to the players that they should give me one moment in time when I'm racing with destiny. Then in that one moment of time I will feel, I will feel eternity."

[url width=180 height=240]http://onestowatchmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/Colin-Offler.jpg[/url]
"I'm pissed, I'm logged on, 3-0 Town!"
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:22:32 »

Blasphemy
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:24:29 »

Next you will be trying to tell us the Earth isn't flat, I wont listen to such lies
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:29:05 »

I don't think they realise how hard turning on a computer as a drunk student can be. I once took an hour to start up a DVD. Those were the days.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:30:15 »

Heartless bastard Rhino.

Sugg is now crying into a bottle of white lightning he's smuggled into the student union after his one lecture for the week.

Never knowingly overstated.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:39:08 »

Hope Sugg doesn't take this to heart, it will turn him to the drink.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:39:22 »

I've been saying all along it's my lucky green pants. I didn't have them on on Saturday as they were being washed for the first time.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:40:40 »

I feel partly responsible for SWS demise on Saturday. I went to the CG to watch the game but couldn't enter through lucky turnstile 23.

Sorry SWS.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:40:53 »

My trackies/away shirt combo finally failed. I did forget my scarf though, I knew that'd come back to haunt us.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:42:31 »

Sugg has been let down badly by people on here he should be able to trust No
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:55:03 »

Do not underestimate the power of the dark side
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:55:40 »

Prematch Jaegerbombs were not consumed, resulting in defeat.
calumscott

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 12:59:51 »

Public apology:

I have socks with the days of the week on them.  Particularly on matchdays I'm a bit OCD about wearing them (the right days regardless of the days - I might have OCD but I'm no freaky weirdo...) and I have to admit that I only realised that I had NO socks on at all two minutes before half time.

I'm truly sorry.

PS.  Tuesday socks are in place and will not be removed until the final whistle earliest.  Again, sorry...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 13:00:47 »

I normally indulge in a light pre match ritual sacrafice, but guilt finally got the best of me and defeat caught up with us.

I am sorry
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 13:00:52 »

Sugg is a witch burn him I say
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: