Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 99408 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 01:31:11 »

His comments did make me laugh  Cheesy
Dozno9

« Reply #661 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 02:45:43 »

They won't if he ends up with a ban.
Spencer_White

« Reply #662 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 03:18:10 »

Did wonder if we were setting ourselves up for a fall going there after 10 in a row.

The game was weird first 20 minutes. Lots happening, but you could barely concentrate for all the stuff getting chucked over. We missed good chances that first 20 minutes (Murray and Rooney spring to mind). Second half just became too simmilar to the game at the County Ground, seemed to weigh on the players minds. Bit lucky Swindon didnt have a mob in the ground otherwise I think there would have been serious disorder. Thought the Ritchie ballboy incident was a load of nothing. Constable, elbow - definate red card.

While I feel sorry for the people who got hit, but I would say Swindon fans need to wake up about what these games are going to be like. Theyve always chucked stuff at us.

Paolo was fantastic at the end. He managed to put a smile on our faces, even in defeat. You never know, if these 2 derby defeats make Paolo think he owes us a bit more, and makes him stay a bit longer it could all be worth it. Tuesday is a massive game. Our crowd will be shit, fans will be quiet, but if we can win that then theres no stopping us. The other teams are starting to falter, they dont have our quality.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 08:23:21 »

Anyone who says it doesn't matter of we win the league is a liar.

It matters now, but if we go up and they stay down I genuinely won't give a fuck about today or August. It will have proven we are better than them.

Not saying we deserved a win, but on another day Murray and Rooney bury their early chances, we score instead of hitting the post, don't fuck up a golden chance at the end and they don't clear off the line from a header. Such are the fine lines of football.

It hurt and I want to dick those cunts, but its not more important nor will it taint my promotion  celebrations if we do it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 08:36:04 »

Macca aint happy!
Didn't listen to this. Any chance of more detail?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 08:37:18 »

Also forced myself to watch the goals again.

I can see why people say Fodderingham should have come for the first, but I think there is a degree of hindsight in that. The defence looked to have it under control but suddenly the red sea parted, left a space and made Fods look silly.

The second one was a bit of a keystone cops moment.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 08:44:18 »

Didn't listen to this. Any chance of more detail?
From twitter...
'Fuckin poxford scum. 1 game doesn't make a season. Well done yous won a game. We r still lookin down on you dirt dags.'
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:12:17 »

At the end of the day, you have to agree with PdC, that it was three minutes of madness which destroyed it yesterday.  The sending off was supposedly a boost for us, yet there are so many examples of 10 battening down the hatches and getting something out of a game; but then the goals so soon after determined the way the rest of the game would go. 9 yellows in the penalty area for 70+minutes.  the statistics don't lie!  The question is - and its been there the whole season - how do we break down the teams that either just shut up shop of who just hoof it.  Pox ford may have defended well, but they had nothing to offer, any more than Dag & Red or any of the other bottom teams that we lost to earlier in the season.  So that's the challenge - and it will still be there in Lg 1 next season.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #668 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:14:49 »

No I didn't OST, not sacrificing my time with my daughter to go watch football.

Why not just say that you couldn't get a ticket. This makes you sound like a limp wristed fag (in my opinion)
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #669 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:21:25 »

Just the way I feel Town always approach the Oxford derby. Whether we win or not, there's only one team who's truly putting their lives on the line (ok I know I'm going OTT there) and it's not us.

Like I say in the Bristol City matches, we seem to take that role no worries.

Fuckin hell mate. Don't wish to pick on you but you are digging yourself a hole. We have only played them twice before in the last 10 years but you seem to make it out as though this is a regular occurance.
I was there. We gave it everything, but as been said before it was a bad day at the office. Ritchie's shot that hit the post goes in and we win. We score in the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half and we win. It was obvious to anybody there that in the last 15 mins we were never going to score. MOM for me was Paolo. The man is amazing and lifted the spirits of the 1200. How anybody can question anything that the man does is beyond me. I said in September that we would win the league and lose BOTH to the pox. I stand by that statement!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:35:44 »

From twitter...
'Fuckin poxford scum. 1 game doesn't make a season. Well done yous won a game. We r still lookin down on you dirt dags.'
Whilst I admire the sentiments and I like him even more now as a result, if that was on Twitter....oh dear... Roll Eyes
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:45:38 »

Anyone got a vid of what Paolo did infront of the Swindon fans at the end.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 09:49:51 »

Whilst I admire the sentiments and I like him even more now as a result, if that was on Twitter....oh dear... Roll Eyes

I can't see that on Twitter from Alan Mac, so it must have been removed.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:03:22 »

Good move Yes
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:08:46 »

I wish I had got Paolo on camera at the end. It was fucking marvellous.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: