Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tyrone Barnett  (Read 4699 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:16:38 »

Don't know if it has been mentioned but TB has left Crawley, gone to Peterborough on loan where he will sign a deal worth over £1mill at the end of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:20:26 »

yes, happened yesterday. Good news for us
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:21:05 »

So why didn't he go in the transfer window and the Creepies could have had the cash straight away?

Strange

Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:33:05 »

rejected a bid on the last day apparently,upped the offer the other day
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:36:11 »

Way of getting round a transfer outside the window, then.

Either that or another Fat Twat scam
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:36:45 »

Its very strange, I understand that its over a £1million, which is a lot of money to a league 2 club and a figure that would be hard to turn down. But surely getting out of League 2 and keeping together your best players should be the priority for them. I would have thought regardless of if they go up or not he would still be worth the money in the summer.
Is the bubble bursting? Their finances over the last few seasons have always seemed some what mysterious!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:38:06 »

Is the bubble bursting?

please  please  please
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:44:42 »

please  please  please

Its surely only a matter of time what with the appallingly shite crowds they get and arrogant ignorant wanker of a manager.

Peterborough may even be playing them next season if, which is possible, they are relegated, but in the short term money talks and they can obviously offer him a lot lot more wages.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 16:51:52 »

Its very strange, I understand that its over a £1million, which is a lot of money to a league 2 club and a figure that would be hard to turn down. But surely getting out of League 2 and keeping together your best players should be the priority for them.

I would suggest that if it was in the best interests of the club somebody with an average 8k crowd (STFC) can turn it down whilst a club (CTFC) with an average 2(something)k AVERAGE CANNOT.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 17:07:41 »

He aint even that good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 17:21:03 »

I would suggest that if it was in the best interests of the club somebody with an average 8k crowd (STFC) can turn it down whilst a club (CTFC) with an average 2(something)k AVERAGE CANNOT.

Putting it that way its the difference between a seasons gate reciepts of around £4.5 million (Swindon) and £1.2 million (Creepy)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 17:29:33 »

Its very strange, I understand that its over a £1million, which is a lot of money to a league 2 club and a figure that would be hard to turn down. But surely getting out of League 2 and keeping together your best players should be the priority for them. I would have thought regardless of if they go up or not he would still be worth the money in the summer.

Crawley's league position is already artificially high, and supported only by cash injections from the owner.  Promotion to League 1 would mean very little to them in financial terms because they have very little scope for expanding the fanbase.  Traditionally, they're non-League, and their attendances reflect that.  Brighton have invested massively up the road and that also will put the brakes on Crawley's ability to grow.  I think the owner realises he has taken them as far as he can, as the recent sales show.

Is the bubble bursting? Their finances over the last few seasons have always seemed some what mysterious!

Almost certainly.  Regardless of whether they do scrape in to League 1 this May, expect to see them back in the non-League within 2 to 3 seasons.  They just doing now what Rushden & Diamonds did 5 to 10 years ago.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 19:13:21 »

I'm sure Peterborough offerd 1.9 million for Barnett and another Crawley player a few weeks back but Crawley said they didn't want to sell.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 19:18:54 »

Evans still says that Crawley are seen as the biggest team in the division....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7538697/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 19:24:22 »

If Harry Redknapp was on a profit deal at Pompey, no reason to believe Fat Boy doesn't have a similar deal. So by selling Barnett for a mill, FB could trouser say 5%, so best part of £50k. Add that to the Tubbs deal as well and he ain't done too badly recently.

There's no reason to believe FB has any more loyalty to Creepy than any other club and knows his record will always get him a gig in the lower leagues if CTFC go tits up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: