Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Singing' section  (Read 37664 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:46:29 »

Ardiles makes a good point, it does cut both ways. However, I'm hopeful that allocating an area for 'singing' fans will deal with that. Anybody in that area can expect nothing less than OTT passion, and anybody outside it can't blame others around them for being too quiet
Also, r4e, those outside it should try and respect other's wishes re persistent standing, then it really does cut both ways.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:48:38 »

Annoys me a little as most of my friends (plastic fans)  slate Swindon all season blah blah blah but already planning their day out to Wembley. They are the people we DON'T NEED

Yes we do, even if its only for the % of ticket sale  that goes back to the club.

If getting to Wembley means one more "occasional" or "daytripper" buying a season ticket next year it is £300 the club don't have to find.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:56:25 »

On reflection im probably ranting about being annoyed with my own friends rather than anyone else
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:59:39 »

Nah, its a fair moan as I have friends like that and it annoys me. But I'll happily let STFC take some of their hard earned.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:01:48 »

Yes we do, even if its only for the % of ticket sale  that goes back to the club.

If getting to Wembley means one more "occasional" or "daytripper" buying a season ticket next year it is £300 the club don't have to find.

Looking back I prob got it wrong. Any money is the clubs gain. Just annoys me a slight bit as will never see them again

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:14:43 »

We get the 30,000 numbers because every regular fan takes family members and friends so a ST holder who wants to sing will still have a number of non regulars with them whether sitting in the singing section or not. Think arriba got it right by saying there was to many small groups trying to get the singing going at Wembley.  I like the idea of trying to group together but expect a good percentage to be non regulars. We managed to get 4,000 singing together at Leicester and think we will do the same at Wembley.
Larman

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:23:24 »

Why don't  "the singers" break into 2 or 3 sections around the stadium? That will create a better atmosphere.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:29:18 »

We've also got a better selection of songs this time. We are Paolo's Red and White Army and Paolo Di Canio seem to get everyone joining in.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:29:38 »

For me a 'noisy' secition is great I'd certainly join in, but equally another important factor for me is the view, ideally I'd like to be on the sides for the better view so if for e.g the noisy section was low behind the goal I'd avoid due to view - and also there is the price factor.

But all in all a noisy section would be good as long as it is not for people to stand and sing but for people to stand at the right moments as most of us do
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:30:24 »

Decent idea, think it will tough to implement unless the club get 100% behind it though.

My biggest hope would be that the singing area would naturally become a standing area as well.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:36:15 »

Don't remember there being a problem with the atmosphere the other times we have been at Wembley so I'm just putting Millwall down to a bad day. We need the families, friends, and even the day trippers to come in the red of Swindon and I'm convinced the singing will just catch on again this time. Let's be honest about it without the extra people we would look pretty shit with 10,000 of us there.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:38:30 by Notts red » Logged
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:36:43 »

as I wrote earlier, I mailed NW about this earlier today and he replied that the club have it in hand, so expect something to happen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:41:54 »

as I wrote earlier, I mailed NW about this earlier today and he replied that the club have it in hand, so expect something to happen...

Stupid board and their listening to fans comments ways Smiley

Did you ask what colour we are playing in!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:43:16 »

We won't sell the allocation. And Chesterfield wont flog all their's i'm sure. We need as many day trippers there as possible and that place is fooking massive. Would look pathetic without the day trippers
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:46:40 by arriba » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:45:57 »

If we didnt sell out for Millwall then we zero chance of doing so for this.

25-28K I reckon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: