Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT  (Read 37495 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:20:49 »

But why does my memory go back to Digby being sent off against Aldershot in the equivalent competition then (Simod Cup?)

Its been a bit of a jinxed competition for us
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:28:45 »

Considering the number of ex Swindon players they have, and that its unlikely we're going to beat them three times in one season, i'd take a draw right now. Its our toughest league game left considering matches against the other top sides are all at home. If we win i'd begin to get genuinely excited!

Expecting a defeat but would love a draw
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:30:07 »

Considering the number of ex Swindon players they have, and that its unlikely we're going to beat them three times in one season, i'd take a draw right now. Its our toughest league game left considering matches against the other top sides are all at home. If we win i'd begin to get genuinely excited!

Expecting a defeat but would love a draw

Wrong thread fella!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:23:54 »

Having a quick read on the Barnet forum seems they are as confident about turning us over as we are about beating them, they arent on a bad run at all I have to admit but we must be favourites at home.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:10:17 »

Looking at the online ticketing part of the website tickets are selling very well for this. I reckon it could be a sell out.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 10:12:28 »

It only looks full because they haven't released season tickets holders' seats yet.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:51:18 »

I was secretly hoping Izale McLeod would be gone in the transfer window - either way, this is a very tough game.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:55:31 »

No it isn't, Barnet are rubbish... mainly due to having Lawrie Sanchez at the helm!

Yep, i'm confident!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12:58:49 »

I think we'll win 3-1 next week, and then go on to win the JPT...had a feeling if Leon Clarke was still at Chesterfield he would have scored the winner against us, but now that's not the case I'm confident we'll beat Barnet and then Chesterfield  Cheesy

#VivaKenBarlow!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:04:53 »

I don't care how Barnet have been playing lately - hope they win Saturday as well (Pox) - if we can't beat them it will be a huge kick in the nuts.

But why does my memory go back to Digby being sent off against Aldershot in the equivalent competition then (Simod Cup?)
Freight Rover Trophy not the Simod Cup (which was for 1st and 2nd Division clubs). 2-0 up and coasting towards Wembley.........I vaguely remember Macari trying to assault the ref after the game, or am I getting that mixed up with another game?

Andy King got the first Aldershot goal.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:23:44 »

I vaguely remember Macari trying to assault the ref after the game, or am I getting that mixed up with another game?

wasn't some geezer out the crowd that had a pop

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:39:55 »

Having a quick read on the Barnet forum seems they are as confident about turning us over as we are about beating them, they arent on a bad run at all I have to admit but we must be favourites at home.

Bravado methinks. No one will be confident of turning us over, particularly at home. What is it 4 months since we conceded a league goal? Saying that they've earned their place and it will be tight, but we've more than enough to see them off. Confident, yes. Cocky no.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:47:32 »

Bravado methinks. No one will be confident of turning us over, particularly at home. What is it 4 months since we conceded a league goal? Saying that they've earned their place and it will be tight, but we've more than enough to see them off. Confident, yes. Cocky no.

I think so too but to be fair to them they aint on a bad run themselves, their last 5 games....

H Bristol Rovers W 2-0 
H Swindon Town D 1-1
A Accrington W 3-0
A Northampton W 2-1
H Crewe W    2-0 

Still if you put that next to our recent record it does overshadow their results hugely.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 13:50:33 »

And yes Hereford in the 90th minute at home on 8th October was the last league home goal conceded 810 minutes of football.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 14:21:43 »

How are ticket sales coming along for this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: