Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44782 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:59:17 »

Leicester took it pretty seriously, pretty much the full first team out.  Pity they didnt do what Hull did and make 6 changes.  Never mind, just have to make do with the double!
In the long run though, Creepy going through and us going out could have done us a pretty big favour.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:09:48 »

In the long run though, Creepy going through and us going out could have done us a pretty big favour.
yep - cup run or promotion - no brainer really....
scott

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:12:21 »

sorry wrong side of quote but yeh no brainer anyway !
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:27:13 »

A good day out. A beer in the Counting House which took about 30 minutes to arrive. Then a mate took a trip to Morrisons across the way for a few tins. Fair play to the police around there who took a really light touch. Then to the main event.
Before the game even started there were 2 cunts behind me who fucking moaned abuot Risser and Cibocchi. All through the game they moaned about Risser and Ciboochi. They're probably moaning about them now.
McCormack is pure absolute class. Risser did Ok today. Cibocchi either does thnigs very well or very shit but he's not had a good run and he's new to English football - he's this years JFL.
As someone else said their 2 defenders were better than our 2 attackers.
As I was stood outside the ground a Leicester fan came up and said if we had someone who could finish it would have been a different game and he was right.
Althuogh we lost, we were not disgraced on or off the pitch. Good support and fair play to the Leicester fans, stewards and police who kept in the background.
On the negative side we parked at the Rugby ground and it took us untli 6 to get out of Leicester.
Not a bad day out though and onwards and upwards. 
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:30:00 »

Was great day. As others have said, all that we needed was someone to put the ball in the back of the net.  Brillant support too

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:30:27 »

and Beckford is still a cheating horrible little cunt
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:52:35 »

Highlights about to be on ITV in a minute. If anyone is interested.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:52:41 »

I reckon it's cause Paolo didn't have his lucky bobble hat on today.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 00:32:46 »

Still had a great day out regardless of the result. Once we had finaly got out of Leicester ! Stopped off at Morton on the marsh for Fish and chips, a few mini buses full of Swindon pulled up so we all carried on the singing, just seemed the right thing to do. Grin forgot to say, just seen that foul on Ferry on the highlights, what a shocker  Eek
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 07:59:44 »

I'd say the gap was bigger - we didn't have great service into the box today, particularly from the left. It was only set pieces where we really troubled them. Having Rooney might have made a difference though.

One or two on their forum have suggested they didn't get out of 2nd gear, which personally I think is a load of crap. We put them under a lot of pressure in the first half, and if they could have upped their game then they would have done. Below par? Perhaps. But certainly not in 2nd gear.

I think this is spot on. Leicester had better quality in the key areas.

If they didn't get out of second gear fair enough. I know we have better quality than we showed today too, particularly in the final third/shooting. So maybe both things were down to how hard each team had to work against the other, making them look worse than they are.
Spencer_White

« Reply #355 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 08:37:15 »

I bet there are loads of accidents on that road. People trying to take the roundabouts too fast.

On to the game. The ball broke to Beckford twice in the box, and he put them both away. Ball broke to Ritchie and he skyed it. Game over. Shame, but a great cup run. Id forgotten what they were like.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:09:32 »

I didn't follow the game yesterday (a bit difficult out at sea) but wasn't too surprised to see we'd lost. The cup run was nice whilst it lasted, but let's face it the league is the biggest priority.

Just watched the highlights and it didn't look like we created much, but from skim reading the thread it seems that we did have quite a lot of the game that didn't get shown. Konchesky's tackle was absolutely horrendous and he should've seen a straight red.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:20:26 »

I didn't follow the game yesterday (a bit difficult out at sea) but wasn't too surprised to see we'd lost. The cup run was nice whilst it lasted, but let's face it the league is the biggest priority.

Just watched the highlights and it didn't look like we created much, but from skim reading the thread it seems that we did have quite a lot of the game that didn't get shown. Konchesky's tackle was absolutely horrendous and he should've seen a straight red.
Thought the highlights would of shown Kaspers Point blank save from I think Bensons header in the first half. Crawley having to play the next round the week after we play them may help us especially if they get a big draw
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:33:38 »

Watched the whole game in the Swiss Chalet. Had a chukkle to the "Your grounds to big for you" chant, and the "We are Paolo's Red and White army" was awesome. Great game, shame about the result. Richie's miss was actually a good block by their defender that's why we got a corner out of it. Why do we take so long to get out of the starting blocks sometimes.
Anyway, a satisfying performance and onwards an upwards. Lets take it out on Southend.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10:22:41 »

I watched the game thanks to Berniman online on Fox with a fantastic feed quality.

The commentators where the worst I have ever heard, you would have thought Swindon werent even playing and that we had tapped into the LCFC World feed, nothing complimentary to say about Swindon, no idea who they were but one was an ex pro cos he said he didnt like going to the County Ground when he was playing, he also said that when we had 11 shots to their 4...his comment was...well that proves the quality of Leicesters finishing (that was when it was 1-0).

As for the game, I thought the back 4 did well against much better quality players that they normally have to play against, I don't think we missed Flint as such, but him not playing is always a loss to the team, but I feel he probably wouldnt have done any better with either of the goals had he been playing.

Fodders did well and had no chance with either goal.

Nobody let the team down, even Risser, who ran around and made a few good tackles/interceptions, Ferry ran his socks off too.

Both Ritchie and De Vita did quite well, getting a few crosses in, poor miss from Ritchie though near half time but they can easily go either way and it was a pretty good challenge on him to stop the shot. Loved the way he kept taking on Konchesky and beating him.

Connell and Benson didnt have their best games for the Town, lots of running and a few good passes but most of the killer balls in the box werent of a good quality and both looked a bit off the pace.

McCormack was fantastic and easily the MoM for me, great tackling, passing and interceptions, hardly put a foot wrong all game and reminded me of Calderwood.

Devera did ok didnt do much wrong but lacks a bit of pace at the back, Caddis made a few mistakes but was fairly solid and good going forwards, and Cibocchi I though was excellent, solid defensively and much better going forward that he has been, lacks a little pace and fitness but did well, and that free kick was awesome right on half time.

The biggest well done though has to go to the near 4,000 Town fans that travelled up, hardly stopped singing all game right from KO and totally outsing the locals and on TV we could hear you loud and clear, well done to every one of you.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: