Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44681 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 18:49:18 »

I thought cio struggled positionally and with the pace if the game. but as I said, Leicester are a class above anything we have played except Southampton.

really wasn't having a go at risser, just felt we missed a bit of bite that May have upset them. against Southend out makes more sense to play risser given their more direct play.

absolutely right the players didn't give up. fantastic.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 18:50:55 »

Cibbochi but is a beast of a cross in the first half when Ritchie put the loose ball over. I also told that Jack whatshisface on twitter he was wrong about Evans. Where's that 'Someone is wrong on the internet' image?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:04:35 »

@Posh I'd imagine that Flint was pretty gutted about being injured too, surely the old boys thought of that

It was more that they had decided before a ball was kicked that we had no chance as Devera was useless.

The funny thing is that the two players that polarize opinion so much, were the two that came closest to scoring (Two great saves from Schmeichel).
Flashheart

« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:10:55 »

You needed a second look to see how bad it was, ref must have had a similar view, hence just a yellow

Yep

Don't blame the ref in this case.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:24:22 »

Claridge is a cock...

BBC football pundit Steve Claridge on the fourth round's biggest shock: "They've got money, Crawley, and they'll be hoping for a big match in the fifth-round draw. Crawley are not going to let a Championship side like Hull get away with not playing their best."

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:26:28 »

I hate Crawley, but perhaps only because of their Pat Butcher drag act

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:40:00 »

Didn't listen or watch the game today but by the sounds of it(from the post match interviews)it went how i expected it to. A plucky dispaly with a great following from us but the inevitable defeat. Nice to hear Louis Thompson got on. He is a tough little bugger and it won't faze him. Hope he did ok

...and doesnt he look like his brother to! I saw them both the other day and had to do a double take to work out which one was which.

is Smith injured? not sure why he isn't staring right now.

Nope, nothing wrong with Smith. We all know Di Canio is some what of a perfectionist and isnt afraid to take players off or drop them after mistakes. Smith gave away the free kick that lead to the goal at Barnet and then got dropped (his words give or take a few) and Risser has come in and done well and kept his place.

top lad though Smith, very humble, very genuine and very hungry to succeed 'when york told me Swindon were interested I would have run to Swindon to sign right away'

Reject interest from Morcombe, AFC Wimbledon and Crawley.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:34:01 »

Well, back from the game & will share a few thoughts. We conceded the first goal far too early & struggled to get our rhythm back for a while afterwards. As the ball came over from the left the defenders didn't go to claim it & make it their own. Beckford did little but given a half chance like that he buried it. However, all credit to the team because they kept their cool & by half time were the team going forward & making the best moves & making Schmeichal earn his corn.

Second half was a much more even game although it wasn't until the final 20 minutes that Wes had a real shot to save. Credit Leicester City though, they were content to retain the ball, pass it back & wait for opportunities to arise. I had expected much more creativity from them although their injury list may have had something to do with it.

Regarding the Town players, they all played reasonably well.  Whilst Devera doesn't dominate to the extent Flint does he certainly didn't let the side down. The midfield was certainly a match for Leicester & were probably the more creative unit.  Benson & Connell worked their socks off but the Leicester defenders were a step up from what they normally face & so they made little impact. Despite a generally solid game, I did think Cibbocci was at fault for the second goal though.  Having got the ball to break up a Leicester attack he somehow conspired to lose it again, the ball was crossed & Leicester scored their second - game over!  However, McCormack was hugely impressive.  He was reading passes that even the Leicester players were not anticipating - for me head & shoulders above anyone else on the field today.

The withdrawal of Ferry was clearly done in anticipation of Tuesday's game & young Louis Thompson came on. He certainly didn't look overawed & always found a red shirt with his passing.  Definitely one for the future. The town fans were superb, singing & chanting for the whole ninety minutes but especially after the goals had been conceded, trying to lift the team's spirits. We have gone out of the cup but we matched our Championship opposition and leave with heads held high.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:36:05 »

It was a poor start from us, really sloppy and you wondered if we might crumble. But thankfully we showed the spirit that PDC has brought to the club and started to get a foothold. Couldn't believe how much pressure we put on them in certain periods, shots coming in, corners beign won, if it wasn't for Schmeichel we could well have gone level.

Didn't actually see Konchesky's challenge on Ferry too well but it looked wild. If reports that it was knee height are true, it could be yet more evidence for PDC to present before the FA to suggest he's being picked on! Wink

Second half we never really got going in the same way. Gabilondo had a tough job since Cibocchi doesn't do that much attacking, and a number of players wasted chances with wild snap shots. Fair play to Leicester, they were quite strong at the back, and we should take heart in that we were able to create the chances we did.

Stand out players for me would be Caddis, McCormack, Cibocchi, and Ritchie. We had a fair bit of joy down the right hand side, despite their left winger easily beating Ritchie and Caddis on pace. Good to see!

One more thing... Fill your boots everyone... https://twitter.com/konch3
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:59:09 »

the one moment of pure quality today was cibo's cross but otherwise a good display on the whole. don't understand the risser hate either. 

whatever else we look very strong.  COYR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:03:32 »

Just back, stopped for a TGI Friday's in Coventry. nomnomnom.

The nightmare start happened as Leicester went ahead inside 4 minutes. Poor defending on our left side left them too much space to cross to the far post. The ball was knocked back across and Beckford stabbed home. For the next 10 minutes is looked like we were in for a torrid time, but slowly but surely we got back into the game and fashioned some chances of our own.

Second half Leicester scored again, didn't really see what happened clearly but Beckford scored again. We still did OK after that but to be honest Leicester were never seriously troubled.  We never gave up and worked hard, but Leicester had enough about them to see out the game.

So disappointing but also encouraging from us. Decent day out. Found the traffic after a pain in the arse. That bit of Leicester IS a shithole, then again County Road and Manchester Road ain't much to shout about. Talking of which there were a couple of good sustained "we are Paolo's red and white army" and other Town hits not available in record stores. Good last 10 minutes and we leave with our heads held high.

Stand out players for me were McCormack and Caddis, thought De Vita was reasonable too. Everyone else was fairly steady but didn't hit top gear. Oh actually Gabby was poor.

And Swindon Town mentioned on Casualty as I type.

COYR, lets fuck over Southend next.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:04:49 »

don't understand the risser hate either. 

I don't hate him, I just think we look stronger with Smith in the team.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:05:58 »

There really are some thick cunts that post on the adver site. This is either some kind of sad wind up, or the poster is a stupid cunt.

"Disappointing performance all round really. Our strikers were anonymous today.

Starting with Risser is like starting with 10 men............hopefully smith gets picked instead on tuesday"

cunt

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:17:03 »

Loud and Proud today everyone. Clap Clap Clap

Still have some total wankers having a pop at Risser during the game so I am told.

When you come out of the ground with Leicester fans coming over and saying how impressed they were with Swindon then that is saying something.
Going behind in 5 minutes was a bad start but if our shooting would have been more accurate then you never know.

Anyway the league is priority.

COYR's.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:23:05 »

Excellent performance for 41 minutes of the first half, I was confident we could turn it around at half time.

The second goal killed us and the heads dropped a little, but the first two changes didn't help either. Gabi and Murray offered very little.

The commentators were dreadful.  

@tombrooks88 @konch3 loving that tackle #crunch
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: