Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 195669 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 14:40:55 »

Can't be too disappointed by that as the Bengals so massively exceeded expectations. The one really glaring deficiency on the team which everyone knew about was the O line and that is what did for them. They actually did a great job for half the game - Donald was getting seriously frustrated - but in the end they just got overwhelmed and as a result the Offence couldn't get close to scoring that one more touchdown which would have killed the game.

If they now invest as heavily in the O line as they have been doing on the D, the Bengals will be a force to be reckoned with for the next few seasons.

Seriously exciting times ahead.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 15:19:54 »

Can't be too disappointed by that as the Bengals so massively exceeded expectations. The one really glaring deficiency on the team which everyone knew about was the O line and that is what did for them. They actually did a great job for half the game - Donald was getting seriously frustrated - but in the end they just got overwhelmed and as a result the Offence couldn't get close to scoring that one more touchdown which would have killed the game.

If they now invest as heavily in the O line as they have been doing on the D, the Bengals will be a force to be reckoned with for the next few seasons.

Seriously exciting times ahead.

Agree 100%. Don't offer Eli Apple an extension also - i'd allow him to hit free agency.

Now, ain't that just like me?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 15:48:45 »

Agree 100%. Don't offer Eli Apple an extension also - i'd allow him to hit free agency.
They may well do that but I think he's done well though. I couldn't believe it when they kept singing DB after DB in free agency last year, it certainly paid off though. Hilton, Awuzie, Apple have been excellent IMO...not sure what happened to Ricardo Allen...must have gotten injured at some point....and of course we won't mention Trae Waynes from last season's free agent signings Doh
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 16:10:34 »

They may well do that but I think he's done well though. I couldn't believe it when they kept singing DB after DB in free agency last year, it certainly paid off though. Hilton, Awuzie, Apple have been excellent IMO...not sure what happened to Ricardo Allen...must have gotten injured at some point....and of course we won't mention Trae Waynes from last season's free agent signings Doh

Awuzie was with us at the 'boys. Didn't reach the heights, now looks one hell of a player in a good scheme. I am sure he would be an addition with our current DB's.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:24:40 »

Will see what the Bengals are made of now. Expectations will shoot up and they really need a good offseason in terms of recruitment. Everyone knows where their issues lie. Problem is the AFC is absolutely stacked with teams that have good, young quarterbacks and teams with a lot of potential. Even the North division is tough enough on it's own!

I thought they did well. It was obvious that if Rams scored on their final drive it would be game over, and the officials did their utmost to make sure they did too. Burrow had nowhere to go. It was a shame, but I'm glad they made it a decent contest as I thought it'd be comfortable for LA.

Onto the offseason then. I'm excited for more Rodgers drama (now with added Davante Adams drama too for good measure).
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:51:30 »

I thought they did well. It was obvious that if Rams scored on their final drive it would be game over, and the officials did their utmost to make sure they did too.
Being in a Bengals echo chamber on social media it's hard to not get sucked into the blatantly incorrect or unmade calls in those last two mins (that doesn't excuse the lack of facemask call on the first play of the 2nd half).

Overall - a proud Bengal to get to the Superbowl, gutted to be so close but so far

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:15:20 »

Being in a Bengals echo chamber on social media it's hard to not get sucked into the blatantly incorrect or unmade calls in those last two mins (that doesn't excuse the lack of facemask call on the first play of the 2nd half).

Overall - a proud Bengal to get to the Superbowl, gutted to be so close but so far

Stafford got the Brady treatment. Let everything go until it matters. The holding and the DPI call were harsh considering what had been happening before.

Yeah I'd be chuffed if I was a Bengals fan. I said earlier in this thread I think the Bengals could be scary in a few years, maybe even sooner!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:53:03 »

Day one of pre season and the Bengals have got an O line specific coach in.
They're clearly aware of their shortcomings this season

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:51:58 »

Bit telling they didn’t have one in the first place to be honest

Things get better but they never get good
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:56:50 »

Doesn't every NFL team have an o line coach? I suspect that every Britball team has one

Nothing to see here
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 12:04:15 »

They've definitely been a cheaper/out dated organisation for a while.
They had Frank Pollack doing it all, so now he gets to concentrate on his thing and Derek Frazier gets to polish turds with the O line

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 13:31:58 »

Day one of pre season and the Bengals have got an O line specific coach in.
They're clearly aware of their shortcomings this season
What??? Am I missing something? Pollack is the O line coach... and a pretty decent one as far as I am aware... I know he is also the run game co-ordinator as well but that's pretty integral to what the O line does. Who is Derek Frazier?

Can't really go along with the 'cheap' narrative either considering they've spent a shit ton of. Money in free agency the last couple of years, even by NFL standards...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 14:12:10 »

Frazier used to be at the Jets I believe, I'm not sure at what capacity, but is rumoured to be heading to Bengals as O line coach.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 23:50:38 »

Frazier used to be at the Jets I believe, I'm not sure at what capacity, but is rumoured to be heading to Bengals as O line coach.

Hired by Adam Gase. Buyer beware.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 07:00:01 »

He's only going to be an O Line assistant - bit different to being the O Line coach (Pollack as previously mentioned)

Agree about Gase though.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: