Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 195868 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:45:00 »

Yes, they went all in getting players like Von Miller. But, it's still a surprise that they made it to the Superbowl.

Re Rodgers: Likely what fuelled the appointment.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 16:52:16 »

Same here. Bengals definitely...even I didn't fancy them! Rams have really 'mortgaged the farm' on winning now. Big pressure on them...none on the Bengals...

Edit: I think I may be right in saying that the Rams don't pick until the 3rd round in this year's draft and don't have a first round pick until 2024 due to all the blockbuster trades they've made recently i.e. Matt Stafford, Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller, OBJ and anyone else I may have forgotten,,,

Not forgetting they traded a lot to the Titans to move up to #1 to draft Jared Goff in the first place all those years back.

I don’t think the Rams were ever unfancied - just think there were question marks over whether Stafford was a top QB in a poor team in Detroit or whether he was a middle of the road QB in a middle of the road team.

Q
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Monday, January 31, 2022, 18:50:17 »

Rams - Unfancied compared to Packers, Bucs and possibly Cardinals.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 05:28:03 »

Rams are currently on track to go something stupid like 8-9 years without a first round pick (and I expect that to extend). Their whole strategy is to spend those picks on established players, trading longevity for more guaranteed levels of output

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 15:08:32 »

Brady officially calls it a day.

Not a popular fella for obvious reasons but clearly the best ever
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 08:51:16 »

Nfl gamepass is £1 for tonight, with access to the American live coverage. Did it last year and is more entertaining than the UK coverage (which is fine, just not the same)

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 09:19:13 »

Not sure whether I'll watch live or catch up tomorrow - I don't have a vested interest and am tired.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 11:37:04 »

I'll record it and watch it tomorrow. I'll just put my phone in a drawer and not look at it until I've watched the game...bound to be a few messages on there!

Haven't decided yet whether to watch BBC or Sky...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 12:26:09 »

I've got tomorrow booked off, my Bengals socks on and my Chase jersey packed for the gathering I'm going to later

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 13:34:05 »

I've got tomorrow booked off, my Bengals socks on and my Chase jersey packed for the gathering I'm going to later

Good luck, would love to hear the bengals roar after devouring the star studded LA Sheep.

Now, ain't that just like me?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 15:47:19 »

Popping to a bar a couple of hours prior to the start, so should be a good long session.  Went to the same place to watch the 49ers collapse late against the Chiefs two years ago and don't ever remember leaving the place.  Has over 100 beers on tap, which is nice.  Bengals fan for the night.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 19:59:17 »

Popping to a bar a couple of hours prior to the start, so should be a good long session.  Went to the same place to watch the 49ers collapse late against the Chiefs two years ago and don't ever remember leaving the place.  Has over 100 beers on tap, which is nice.  Bengals fan for the night.
Should be good night...In somewhere like ATL (which I think is where you are) ...do people just watch as neutrals or do they actively get behind one team?

My excitement levels are rising....still feel like i'm dreaming  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:00:18 »

Where's that mate?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:38:37 »

It's taken quite seriously as a full day event even if the local team doesn't make it.  It was packed when the 49ers made it and people just chose a team to support for the day.  Plus you get a lot of displaced fans or people who seem to have selected random teams with no local affiliation.  Bit like me being a 49ers fan I guess.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:53:00 »

It's taken quite seriously as a full day event even if the local team doesn't make it.  It was packed when the 49ers made it and people just chose a team to support for the day.  Plus you get a lot of displaced fans or people who seem to have selected random teams with no local affiliation.  Bit like me being a 49ers fan I guess.
I'd love to be there now with you mate, talking Town, Bengals/NFL, drinking copious amounts of beer...beautiful  Cool Pint

Get the feeling that the Bengals have the vast majority of the neutrals behind them...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: