Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 70   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 194472 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 20:09:38 »

That's the wrong way around (unless you support the Panthers or Patriots).
Much better to watch a game where the result is in doubt until the last minute, than a one sided blowout.

As for the SuperBowl , it's one of those games where I don't mind which team wins.
Ironic that the roles have switched around from the last time that Denver got to the big game.
Then, they were the #1 offence against the #1 defence (Seahawks), this time they have got there on the back of the leagues best defence.

Just hope that the game comes down to the last drivei

That's true up to a point but both Defences were so on top it was utterly boring until the Patriots got the touchdown at the death. The Panthers game by comparison was a joy to watch. Absolutely no one would have predicted the blow out which it ended up being. It would have been better if it had been closer but I found it way, way more enjoyable. I suppose the fact that I am rarity in that I am a neutral who quite likes the Patriots didn't help. There are different ways of seeing the same thing.

I hope the Panthers win the SB because they play how you (or I do at least) want to see the game played. And it will be a new name on the trophy.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 07:55:44 »

I've got to say, I enjoyed the Patriots/Broncos defensive showdown. I thought it was a decent game. The reaction from some of the Broncos players when Manning slid for the first down was brilliant!

As for the Super Bowl itself now, I'm really looking forward to it, but I can't really see past the Panthers. As much as I'd like for it to be the Broncos.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 12:02:42 »

That's true up to a point but both Defences were so on top it was utterly boring until the Patriots got the touchdown at the death.

That's my favourite type of game, a defensive slugfest! Not a fan of high scoring shootouts

I've got most predictions wrong in the playoffs so far but I think the Panthers could do to the Broncos what the Seahwaks did a couple of years ago. Cam is good enough to get points on the board against an excellent Denver defence, I've thought all season Peyton is done so I'm going to predict he struggles again in a Super Bowl.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 15:54:31 »

That's my favourite type of game, a defensive slugfest! Not a fan of high scoring shootouts

Not just me then?  Love it.  A QB being smacked into the ground by some pissed off d-lineman is a thing of beauty.  As long as no-one tried to rub their balls on Tom Brady's face, we'll be ok.  Oh, what was that Denver?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 16:00:10 »

Not just me then?  Love it.  A QB being smacked into the ground by some pissed off d-lineman is a thing of beauty.

Me too, the league have made it easier & easier for the offence over recent years, but still enjoy seeing a QB running for his life:)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 16:13:15 »

Me too, the league have made it easier & easier for the offence over recent years, but still enjoy seeing a QB running for his life:)

Fuck yeah!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:09:13 »

3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt

Terriffic stuff  Roll Eyes
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:22:46 »

3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt
3 and out - Punt

Terriffic stuff  Roll Eyes

Haha there's a bit more to it than that though, right?

For me, it's as interesting to see the big hits as much as the big plays. Plus seeing how the offence deal with a stubborn defence, etc.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:41:47 »

Haha there's a bit more to it than that though, right?

For me, it's as interesting to see the big hits as much as the big plays. Plus seeing how the offence deal with a stubborn defence, etc.
Yes, you want a bit of everything of course. I love to see Jo Flacco or Ben Roethlisberger in particular get pummled into the turf and trampled over by some 20 stone (Bengals) Defensive End. Going back to that Broncos v Pats game though, there was no Offence whatsoever on either side - it was terrible to watch - in my opinion.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:46:09 »

Yes, you want a bit of everything of course. I love to see Jo Flacco or Ben Roethlisberger in particular get pummled into the turf and trampled over by some 20 stone (Bengals) Defensive End. Going back to that Broncos v Pats game though, there was no Offence whatsoever on either side - it was terrible to watch - in my opinion.

That's fair enough. Each to their own. I actually found it more interesting than the Panthers' game.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:57:59 »

That's fair enough. Each to their own. I actually found it more interesting than the Panthers' game.
Each to their own indeed...some weird mother fuckers even support the Pittsburgh Steelers...I can't even comprehend how that works  Huh?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 18:04:42 »

Each to their own indeed...some weird mother fuckers even support the Pittsburgh Steelers...I can't even comprehend how that works  Huh?

Haha yeah, what's that all about?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 18:54:07 »

Not if you had something riding on it. As a Broncos fan I was gripped!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 19:08:46 »

Not if you had something riding on it. As a Broncos fan I was gripped!

Of course - And to be fair, Von Miller was unbelievable.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 20:34:03 »

It's the inbreeding, the same applies to the Philthy Iggles fans
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 70   Go Up
Print
Jump to: