Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59384 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 07:07:12 »

I tweeted constable 2 days ago stating "Paolo asked me to ask you which way you want the pitch stripes for Saturday " - he blocked me straight away... Those are not the actions of a person even thinking of a move to us.

If Oxford were loaded and had a sense of humour and the player agreed to be part of the  wind up Then maybe they accepted the offer always knowing constable would turn us down.  The trouble with that plot is that they didn't predict the abuse constable would get.  Additionally, why not just state we accept the bid but beano doesnt want to leave us.

The truth is Oxford hung beano out to dry. They are on the verge of financial meltdown and needed the cash hence why no player exchange was involved.  Beano knows the price of crosssing the divide, is happy where he is (whatever we think of it) and stuck to his guns and for that I salute him
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 07:52:51 »

I think if we were top and 9 points clear he would be here like a shot.

In that case we wouldn't need him would we ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Spud

« Reply #287 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 08:00:04 »

He didn't come here because he realised that unlike at Oxford, he couldn't just walk into our team and instantly command a starting spot.

If we go up this season then I honestly don't think he's what we would need for League One.
Flashheart

« Reply #288 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 08:27:07 »

How could he have been about to join when he hadn't even spoken to your club? If you think he "bottled it", what do you think he reasons were for doing so? And don't say fucking twitter.

The club did accept the bid, did speak to our player (to tell him about the bid), and did grant him permission to talk to you. The player declined that option.

Why would he contemplate joining Swindon (L2) when he rejected Bournemouth (L1) where he DID agree a contract?

"Oxford United Football Club can confirm they have received a much improved offer from Swindon Town Football Club for James Constable and after discussions with the player have given permission for him to talk to the club," read a statement from Oxford.

I think that says it ll really
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 09:38:42 »

you know what, I agreed with of until this morning. after hearing the words "second thoughts" used when describing the situation I think he must have at least considered it for a bit.
DMR

« Reply #290 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 09:59:12 »

Hahaha some of you lot are hilarious. Bitter or what?

Fair fucks to Constable, he's given us the right old 2 fingers publicly and stuck to his word.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 10:11:01 »

I didn't really want him here anyway, so not remotely bothered it's fallen through.  We've got enough strikers as it is.  However the word farce comes to mind.  Whatever has gone on, too much was stated publicly and I agree with DMR, Constable has had the last laugh by turning us down.   I think we look a little silly tbh, but that's the end if it.  Oxford are left to pick up the pieces, which might take longer.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 10:23:33 »

He's also a cert now to score against us (again) in March...assuming he stays, of course.  It is written.  We're going to need to score more than one at the Kassam to get the points.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:05:15 »

Hahaha some of you lot are hilarious. Bitter or what?

Fair fucks to Constable, he's given us the right old 2 fingers publicly and stuck to his word.

Mildly embarrassed Embarrassed

I have to admit that if a Swindon player turned down oxford I'd be chuckling.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:08:29 »

I have to admit that if a Swindon player turned down oxford I'd be chuckling.

Agreed, but also none to chuffed if the board accepted a bid for a first team player from them.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:08:54 »

Crawley have had a bid rejected for Constable this morning.
Flashheart

« Reply #296 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:13:42 »

Last night alone was more entertaining than the whole of last season put together

Loving this season. Loving it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:17:33 »

Crawley have had a bid rejected for Constable this morning.

Really?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:21:05 »

Really?

Yep, gary rose just tweeted it.

Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:26:22 »

Yep, gary rose just tweeted it.

Hmmm

Just had a quick look on their official forum.

They have had 2 bids rejected. One for Constable and one for Ryan Stevenson from Hearts, who is a good young player. They seem to have a penchant for Hearts players!!

They also hope Barnett stays with them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: