Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59398 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:08:57 »

Fuck knows. I've no idea how football transfers actually work. Just trying to wind up that man with the massive cock.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:09:23 »

Let me give you a run-down of how it happened.

Board: "We've accepted a bid from Swindon for you. We agree that you can talk to them if you like."
Constable: "No thanks."

So why didn't the Pox OS say :

We have accepted a bid from Swindon and given James permission to speak to them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:09:29 »

Board: "We've accepted a bid from Swindon for you. We agree that you can talk to them if you like."

I think it was more like

Board: "We've accepted a bid from Swindon for you. We think it is in yours and out best interest to go."
Constable: "No thanks. I've got a contract and I'll just let it run down if you force me to go"

Which is subtly different in that the board/manager actively want shot.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:09:30 »

Fuck knows. I've no idea how football transfers actually work. Just trying to wind up that massive cock.

Fair enough.

As you were.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:09:37 »

Don't think it happened like that. If that happened your board wouldn't have put out a statement like they did. I think Constable was told that a bid had been accepted and then planned to talk to us, meaning your board had to put it out that the transfer was on. If he didn't want to talk to us, you guys would've kept stum.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:10:28 »

How about
Board:"James we have got a severe cash flow problem, a big club has come in for you and we need the money. Can you go and talk to them"
James:"No i dont want to go to Swindon they are going up and i will never cut it at League 1 level"

A big club with 4 stands!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:11:18 »

Constable: "Okay, I'll talk to them"
Oxford fans on Twitter: "Go there and we'll burn your house down and kill your family"
Constable: "Shit, I better not go there but I'm definitely off now".

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:11:56 »

Oh and if OF's figure of £200k-£300k is accurate I'm glad we didn't purchase. I thought the reported £175k was a bit OTT to be honest.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:12:51 »

I'm pretty sure they met at the CG. Either one or both sides must have concluded that is wasn't going to work out.

Alternative view,

Couldn't agree terms or didn't like the fact that he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team place
He could hardly say "I wanted to go to Swindon", could he?
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:16:33 »

If he didn't want to talk to STFC he could of mentioned that after the first bid... Not the third.
The fact is James constable bottled it after the disgusting abuse & threats he received. If he wanted to be an Oxford hero he would have said he had no intention of talking to STFC in the first instance... But he didn't.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:16:44 »

Our club have stated that Constable rejected the chance to discuss. I imagine that means we didn't have any one-to-one interaction.

He didn't want to join us. That's life.

I think Oxford have gone about it all wrong and I think they're looking to get rid.

Either way Constable Thursdays are a lovely alternative to Statement Fridays.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:18:33 »

As far as I can see, Oxford get to indicate he's for sale, how much they want etc and the added bonus of us looking like chumps when he says no.

I remain to be convinced that a few keyboard warriors would put him off if he was keen hours before as has been suggested.

Not happy with the whole saga - I assume we are not throwing around six figure sums just with the intention of taunting the A420 toads and that we actually wanted the player and I can't cold war double think otherwise. We might have doubts about him at L1 level but we have to get there first and if PDC thinks he might get us there then I am prepared to trust his (much improved) judgement.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:22:14 by JanAageisGod » Logged

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:18:59 »

Either way Constable Thursdays are a lovely alternative to Statement Fridays.

It's great seeing them go into meltdown....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #223 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:20:28 »

Just got back from work and have very much enjoyed reading the scums forum and general blather regarding Constable! Pure Comedy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:21:03 »

I've been completley unsure about this all day, and have kept out of speculation. But now it's done probably a bullet dodged for all parties, probably literally in Mr Constables case...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: