Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cuba  (Read 3516 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 16:59:57 »

I went mid-August and it caught the tail end of hurricane Irene.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 17:07:05 »

Went there about six years ago, loved it but wouldn't go back to the same area.  We went to Cayo Coco, basically a series of holiday hotels about a mile apart with very little else to do.  Beaches were fabulous and the food was ok.  Took ourselves off for two nights to Havana, fantastic place where the old and the (fairly) modern mix together.  We were on a conducted tour so I don't know what we didn't see but it was a great experience!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 23:19:00 »

You must go to Havana whatever you do. The place is falling to bits but loads of atmosphere, feels well dodgy half the time but locals are great and generally a very safe city centre. Go to the Bodeguita Del Medio for a Mojito or a Daiquiri in El Floridita, fantastic coktails and not changed much since Hemmingway was getting pissed in them. North of the Island is spectacular around the valley of Vinales, and if you're flush for an internal flight get out to Cayo Largo for a trip on a catamaran to tiny Islands that wouldn't be out of place in a Bounty commercial (not that they seem to do them these days). Also worth checking out the history in Havana itself if you're that way inclined. Also make sure you buy a copy of Granma ! Viva La Revolucion !
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 13:05:46 »

Ta all! Anyone been to sharm El sheik? I can't make my mind up.  Sad
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 13:18:33 »

Ta all! Anyone been to sharm El sheik? I can't make my mind up.  Sad

Depends on what you are after Egypt wise - I wouldn't bother with Sharm personally as I think there are much nicer places in Egypt.

If you want to do the culture/excursion thing as well as relaxation, I'd recommend Taba heights as from there you can do Petra, Jerusalem, Eilat etc. and the Red Sea but also, the snorkelling is awesome and you can really relax.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: