Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transferring phone/broadband to (eventually) new address  (Read 876 times)
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 12:40:03 »

Dear thetownend.com,

I’m moving out of my house at the beginning of February and want to transfer my BT phone/broadband. Since I’m moving into someone else’s house (already has phone/broadband) temporarily for a month or so, I ideally want to ‘freeze’ my BT deal for that period until I move into a new house.

BT have said that I cannot freeze my account, and that I have 2 options: 1 is to cancel my phone/broadband (£170), option 2 is to transfer my phone/broadband to my temporary accommodation, which I can’t really do as it will cancel the existing phone/broadband in that house.

I can’t leave my phone/broadband active at my current address when I move out as someone will be moving straight in.

Has anyone had similar experience of this and know of any ways round this? Don’t fancy paying £170 really.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 13:46:48 »

Speak to the people who are moving in and tell them they're getting free internet for a month Cheesy
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 13:50:46 »

Think that's what I might have to try - just hope they haven't got any friends in Australia that they fancy calling every day.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 14:15:40 »

Think that's what I might have to try - just hope they haven't got any friends in Australia that they fancy calling every day.

You can bar outgoing calls according to type.

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/microsite/help_and_tips/faults/troubleshooting/barring.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: