Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser.  (Read 18281 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 00:10:55 »

Exact same view. Really rated Cibocchi today. Good defensively, and very good end-product re crosses and set plays. De Vita did well while he was on the pitch, then on came Looney Gabilondo, and we had no presence on the left-hand side of midfield. Rooney certainly would have been interesting.

I assume at 2-0 down, Paolo knew how it was going to end and just put on Gabilondo for the sake of 'changing' the game, while at the same time resting De Vita for Tuesday.

Had to turn round to a bloke in the first half (row mm 20, you know who you are) who, after Cibocchi had been playing really well for much if the game, skewed one into touch. Cue "he's just not up to it, whats Kennedy done wrong, he's rubbish". I just don't get some people. Anyway, spent the rest if the game hoping and praying he didn't drop a clanger,and was largely proved right. No left back's going to look great comparing them to Caddis on the other side. Ridealgh came very close, but Cibocchi could prove an asset.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 00:12:04 »

I personally thought Cibocchi was poor today.

Not awful, but not brilliant.

apart from his free kick..

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 00:21:10 »

Goes to show how differently people interpret the games..

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 08:07:30 »

I personally thought Cibocchi was poor today.

Not awful, but not brilliant.

apart from his free kick..

He played a few good free kicks into the box too.

I think he struggled like fuck defensively yesterday, but will be/has been fine in div 4. Which will do me fine.

Incidentally although we rightly play Flint every time (hopefully it is an injury not a Middlesboro' bid Smiley), I don't think he'd have made much difference yesterday as Leicester played long balls into the channels more than into the central position.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:16:26 »

cibo's cross that led to ritchie's chance was the best pass all game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:56:45 »

I thought Cibocchi had a solid game both defensively and going forward.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 09:59:07 »

I thought Cibocchi had a solid game both defensively and going forward.

Me n' all JJ. Tremendous free kick as well. An interesting weapon to have in the old armory Yes
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10:33:24 »

I thought both Risser and Cibo had good games.

Risser is improving with every game he plays.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:47:11 »

Risser does a particular job for the team and does it pretty well. People who slag him off are cunts.

FACT!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:51:32 »

has 69er spoken yet?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:57:22 »

foreign players in taking time to settle shocker!

Magera to improve next hopefully.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 12:40:51 »

Thought Risser had a decent game yesterday but where he falls down is his specific job for the team which is not creative. Same goes for Magera he does the job asked of him in the game plan. Christ people did'nt even give some of those useless shits last season this much stick, lf they are good enough for Paolo they are good enough for me!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 13:53:43 »

Definitely the best I'd seen him play, but fully expect Jonathan Smith to be back in on Tuesday now he's had a rest. We might also have Lee Cox on the bench if course. Whilst we're talking central midfielders as well, good to see Louis Thompson get on the pitch yesterday...and not afraid to have a shot from distance...promising.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 14:05:59 »

Really don't think it is about 'resting' Smith. The change is wholly tactical. Risser plays a different role to Smith and vice versa. The same with dropping Connell at Rotherham and Kennedy for the last few games. PDC picks a specific team with specific roles according to the opposition, pitch and even the weather.

Smith will come back for the next more open game when passing ability trumps defensive protection.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 14:14:42 »

Really don't think it is about 'resting' Smith. The change is wholly tactical. Risser plays a different role to Smith and vice versa. The same with dropping Connell at Rotherham and Kennedy for the last few games. PDC picks a specific team with specific roles according to the opposition, pitch and even the weather.

Smith will come back for the next more open game when passing ability trumps defensive protection.

Appreciate that...entirely agree actually. My point is more that they won't have had much of a rest before Tuesday and a fresh Smith might well be what we need. We'll have to wait and see.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: