Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser.  (Read 18277 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:47:42 »

I agree, posted that pretty much on twitter and got shot down!

Thought he had a decent game and is becoming the player we hoped he would be at the beginning of the season.

I do think Smith is still the better player overall, but Risser is a different option.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:48:02 »

Don't think anyone excelled in the shooting department today, apart from Cibocci with that free kick
Flashheart

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:54:01 »

I do think Smith is still the better player overall, but Risser is a different option.

Yeppers

A different option we may regret not having later in the season, if we didn't have it. Let's not forget we are not far past the halfway mark. There's a lot more football to come yet.

And yes bmth, that free kick was the dog's nadgers.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:54:56 »

I think he had a good game today. Certainly didn't stand out like McCormack, but did not stand out for the worse either. If he played like this at the beginning of the season, people would not be getting on his back. Shame really.  Sad

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:01:41 »

Thought he did well today. Even a few nice touches going forward. People see the misplaced passes though, and unfortunately write him off because of it.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:04:48 »

Gabilondo I felt, was the only player who had no impact on the game whatsoever.

phelpsieboy

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:38:14 »

Thought Risser was quality today, didnt do much wrong at all. Was very accurate at passing and won alot of tackles. Realy glad he has come good as he comes across such a decent bloke.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:39:06 »

Gabilondo I felt, was the only player who had no impact on the game whatsoever.

Agree with that, not a good game for him. I think their right back did a very good job on him, and he lacked the attacking support that Kennedy might have given, with Cibocchi playing deeper.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:41:14 »

Agree with that, not a good game for him. I think their right back did a very good job on him, and he lacked the attacking support that Kennedy might have given, with Cibocchi playing deeper.

I think Cibocchi played his most attacking today. Especially towards the latter stages of the game, you could see he was really up for it.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 20:44:37 »

I think Cibocchi played his most attacking today. Especially towards the latter stages of the game, you could see he was really up for it.
He was more attacking today, but there were still times when Gabi had 2 blue shirts in front of him and no support anywhere. Perhaps he just gets forward too quickly!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:04:10 »

He was more attacking today, but there were still times when Gabi had 2 blue shirts in front of him and no support anywhere. Perhaps he just gets forward too quickly!

Or rather, Gabilondo got himself into trouble most of the time instead of just trying to get round one person and releasing the ball.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:06:54 »

Or rather, Gabilondo got himself into trouble most of the time instead of just trying to get round one person and releasing the ball.

Both true. He didn't do particularly well today.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:54:32 »

Both true. He didn't do particularly well today.
Something of an understatement I fear. I thought he was utterly ineffective. It would have been interesting to have seen what Rooney could have done had he not been cup tied. De Vita did well when he was on the field though.

I like Cibocchi as well.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:57:22 »

Something of an understatement I fear. I thought he was utterly ineffective. It would have been interesting to have seen what Rooney could have done had he not been cup tied. De Vita did well when he was on the field though.

I like Cibocchi as well.

Exact same view. Really rated Cibocchi today. Good defensively, and very good end-product re crosses and set plays. De Vita did well while he was on the pitch, then on came Looney Gabilondo, and we had no presence on the left-hand side of midfield. Rooney certainly would have been interesting.

I assume at 2-0 down, Paolo knew how it was going to end and just put on Gabilondo for the sake of 'changing' the game, while at the same time resting De Vita for Tuesday.

Coca Fola

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 23:36:40 »

Risser is not good enough. I can't fault his commitment and effort, seems a decent guy too but he isn't up to the standard of the other players. The sooner Smith goes back into the starting  line up the better imo.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: