Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser.  (Read 18282 times)
Navyred stfc

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:22:18 »

He's another one of the players that's OK.

He is never going to set the world on fire, but is a useful backup/squad player.

He did OK at Northampton, made a couple of howlers, but also contributed some good stuff too.

Should never get into the team in front of Ferry or Smith, but with McCormack playing at the back now, who else are we going to get in to sit on the bench to cover that position. I would suggest that Timlin didn't want to do it

He provides decent cover for defence/midfield however if we add strength to these areas he might find himself on the very fringes of the squad, you are right about Timlin and I'm sure Risser will get frustrated in time if he's not playing week in week out.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:23:34 »

He's foreign and, like Magera, I think it's entirely possible it will take time for him to adjust. We often see with imports it's at least a whole season of cack before they become good. Let's give it time. Paolo lauded him in pre-season and he's no mug. I say he'll be everything we expected if our fans give him time.

I was thinking about this t'other day. It has probably already been mentioned, but if you take home grown to mean Jocks as well (Smiley) then our most likely starting 11 has no foreign imports in it. Unless DeVita doesn't count, but he's at least a McItalian.

And we were worried about how they'd fair on a cold Tuesday night - they mostly didn't even last until December!

Only a moron wouldn't want Risser and Megera to 'come good' mind.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:28:03 »

He's foreign and, like Magera, I think it's entirely possible it will take time for him to adjust. We often see with imports it's at least a whole season of cack before they become good. Let's give it time. Paolo lauded him in pre-season and he's no mug. I say he'll be everything we expected if our fans give him time.

Hope you're right, on the whole what's impressed me most with Paolo is his abilty to get the best out of his players, Flint,Caddis,Ferry have been rejuvenated under him.

If anyone can get the best out of his players it's him.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:31:30 by Navyred stfc » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:33:24 »

In this day and age Fjortoft would have never lasted long enough to come good.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:38:52 »

In this day and age Fjortoft would have never lasted long enough to come good.

To be fair, he very nearly didn't then.

If I recall the club had agreed for him to move out on loan, and he only played in the cup game at Ipswich as we were struggling for players.

Once he scored in that game, he hardly stopped.

I guess we will never know, but you get the feeling that had he not scored he may not of played for Town again
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:40:15 »

I guess we will never know, but you get the feeling that had he not scored he may not of played for Town again

I think that fairly likely true.

One game away from oblivion, the legend was born.
fatbasher

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:42:14 »

To be fair, he very nearly didn't then.

If I recall the club had agreed for him to move out on loan, and he only played in the cup game at Ipswich as we were struggling for players.

Once he scored in that game, he hardly stopped.

That would have been a travesty, we'd have had to rely on that forward dynamo Keith Scott. Jesus the chairman @ Wycombe must have been pissing himself with laughter on the way to the bank with the check.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:53:07 »

Yeah, a loan move to Lillestrom(spell) had been agreed as he wanted to keep his World Cup place.

Still, now a days he'd have been long ago labelled along with our worst strikers of all time by September.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 21:48:20 »

Yeah, a loan move to Lillestrom(spell) had been agreed as he wanted to keep his World Cup place.

Still, now a days he'd have been long ago labelled along with our worst strikers of all time by September.

Lillestrøm, it's Lillestrøm.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 22:52:39 »

That would have been a travesty, we'd have had to rely on that forward dynamo Keith Scott. Jesus the chairman @ Wycombe must have been pissing himself with laughter on the way to the bank with the check.
I think I must live in a parallel universe sometimes. I think Keith Scott did a decent job for us. He was nowhere near Premiership class but there were a hell of a lot of bigger cunts than him playing in the same team.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 22:50:53 »

Is Risser a current international?

If so would he not he not be called up for the Africa cup of nations for Namibia?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 22:57:14 »

Let's hope so.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 22:59:24 »

Is Risser a current international?

If so would he not he not be called up for the Africa cup of nations for Namibia?

Namibia didn't get close to qualifying
König

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, January 9, 2012, 23:22:31 »

apparently Risser is drinking in the away pub tomorrow night with that Agent Darren bloke off twitter, i hope no moronic town fans give him any abuse like is rumoured to have happened in swindon.
Flashheart

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 19:43:43 »

My feed today was not good enough to form a proper opinion, although I couldn't see he did much wrong. (Shooting aside)

Commentators had nothing but good words to say also. No outstanding words, but not a bad word. I see him as an out an out DM. A position that will often go unappreciated, especially in a team that is not known for playing defensively.

This Cox chap could be the cover we need for Ferry and Smith. Risser is not cover for them because he is a different kind of player.

I expect Risser will play a very, very important part in our season.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: