Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser.  (Read 18576 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 15:11:47 »

I agree with much of what has been said - he has a role but it is limited to a specific holding position, not as part of a mobile midfield.

I wrote a much longer piece on it on The Washbag: http://thewashbag.com/2011/12/14/making-up-the-numbers-does-oliver-rissers-contribution-to-swindon-add-up/
It makes most of the points I'd like to here.
69 er

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 16:20:28 »

rooney and another midfielder and risser will go,if players aint good enough he gets rid hes proven that already I think
Navyred stfc

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 16:57:37 »

How much wages is he on? One of the highest at the club?. With the wage policy etc we have to be prudent and get best value for the overall squad, if a quality central midfielder became available surely most fans would get rid and bring a player in who can challenge Ferry/Smith, these are quality and to add another to the mix would improve our midfield no end.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 16:58:26 »

I would imagine he is nowhere near top end wages
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 16:58:30 »

Pretty sure Risser is nowhere near the top earner, I have no inside information but a lot of reference was made over the summer to the foreign legion being very cheap indeed.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 17:17:19 »

Pretty sure Risser is nowhere near the top earner, I have no inside information but a lot of reference was made over the summer to the foreign legion being very cheap indeed.

I think I've heard that too.

I assume Ritchie/Caddis/Ferry will be the top earners.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 17:20:15 »

I believe magera is on a healthy salary

Things get better but they never get good
Navyred stfc

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 17:32:42 »

I believe magera is on a healthy salary

With Benson at the club and Connell doing the business hopefully Magera can step up to the plate. Won't hold my breath though!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 18:08:59 »

rooney and another midfielder and risser will go,if players aint good enough he gets rid hes proven that already I think

He has, so the fact Risser is still here proves the completely opposite doesnt it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 18:10:58 »

I was just about to say that DV.

I must stop myself agreeing with you, thats 3 times this week Wink
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 19:00:49 »

Write in English you fucking retard.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:08:23 »

Write in English you fucking retard.

He can only dream about being as educated as you right? Loser.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:14:26 »

He's another one of the players that's OK.

He is never going to set the world on fire, but is a useful backup/squad player.

He did OK at Northampton, made a couple of howlers, but also contributed some good stuff too.

Should never get into the team in front of Ferry or Smith, but with McCormack playing at the back now, who else are we going to get in to sit on the bench to cover that position. I would suggest that Timlin didn't want to do it
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:16:17 »

Spoke to Risser at the game today.

He has been threatened in Town twice since signing and has come home early from evenings out by certain "Town" fans having a go at him. Threatening him physically.

What is wrong with some people ?

Not nice when a player actually believes quote, "hated" at Swindon.

I mentioned the Ritchie incident at Northampton to balance things up.
Had a long chat also with Jeremy Wray and have to say came over really well. Had a great laugh with him as well and made me smile when he said that our 2 previous Manager's just stood with arms folded after we scored and then I mentioned the other "extreme" Saturday which we both laughed at. Real positive guy.

As you said, he is a positive bloke, and he's come to a Town where people are overwhelmingly negative. Culture shock.

But these blokes were probably just worried he was going to nick their girlfriends since they look so inadequate next to him.
Barry Scott

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 20:17:26 »

He's foreign and, like Magera, I think it's entirely possible it will take time for him to adjust. We often see with imports it's at least a whole season of cack before they become good. Let's give it time. Paolo lauded him in pre-season and he's no mug. I say he'll be everything we expected if our fans give him time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: