Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Loos  (Read 6114 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:43:38 »

Genoa/Sampdorias ground the Stadio Luigi Ferraris literally had holes in the ground.I'm a lady and i don't squat over holes in the ground thank you!

Anyone else finding it impossible not to read that in a Little Britain voice ?
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:51:42 »

I seem to remember the ladies' at the Vetch Field being pretty horrendous...
A lot of the old grounds were pretty rank!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 16:52:44 »

Oxford is the worst toilet i ever went to!

I don't recall The Manor even having a toilet....as JFW says Layer Road has to get a podium position but the daddy has to be Somerton Park, Newport....went there in 86, 4th game in.....crowd of just over 3,500 the gate swollen by the Town turnout, for what is almost a derby.  Bogs swimming in as much piss, as an early 70's rock festival...it was little surprise to see County flounder, finish 24th and rapidly go out of business.  Must be a Welsh thing.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:01:42 »

For some reason York springs to mind for me. Pissing up against a wall in the open air.

Yep, I went there on a freezing Tuesday night to watch a draw. I can vividly remember pissing at a wall whilst being able to see the stars.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:08:30 »

Porta loos - ala National Hockey Stadium
If I remember rightly you could open the window and you could still watch the game from the ones in the away end.

Probably worst ones I can remember were the old Goldstone Ground ones that seemed pretty much just a wall, no roof etc and also someone had managed to curl one out in the middle of the floor, it was heaving with town fans that day so can't have had much privacy.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:13:56 »

Yep, I went there on a freezing Tuesday night to watch a draw. I can vividly remember pissing at a wall whilst being able to see the stars.

It could have been York. I know we lost 2-0 there!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:15:18 »

I seem to remember the ladies' at the Vetch Field being pretty horrendous...
A lot of the old grounds were pretty rank!

Everything at the Vetch was horrendous. I was more worried about the stand's roof caving in.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:16:29 »

Didn't the Stratton Bank used to have the old fashioned urinals where you pissed against a wall and it ran away in a trough cut out of the floor (or moulded out of concrete). Don't remember seeing any like that for a few years now.

It still has - we were sttod on the bank for a youth tournament recently. Just to add to the ambience there were brambles growing through cracks in the walls.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 17:35:38 »

If I remember rightly you could open the window and you could still watch the game from the ones in the away end.

Probably worst ones I can remember were the old Goldstone Ground ones that seemed pretty much just a wall, no roof etc and also someone had managed to curl one out in the middle of the floor, it was heaving with town fans that day so can't have had much privacy.

Was that in 95 when we won 3-0? There were lots of seats missing in the away end too
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:10:51 »

Hereford and Exeter stick out in my memory.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:15:38 »

Elm Park, From the back of the terrace you could look/throw stuff down on top of those poor unfortunate souls who were having a piss
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:16:22 »

Anyone mentioned the pop up port a loos at the memorial? Shambles.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:37:01 »

Leicester at their new ground is pretty bad. Small square concrete block room, with a trough and no lighting whatsoever, shoddy for a new stadium.
Spencer_White

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:37:20 »

Anyone mentioned the pop up port a loos at the memorial? Shambles.

Bristol Rovers is a very good shout.

First time I went to Ninnian park the loos were not only open air, but what set them apart from other open air urinals was that there didnt seem to be any plumbing to them, they just relied on the rain to wash them through!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 18:56:58 »

Leyton Orient the year we got promoted from the 4th under Macari - lost 1-0. If they weren't the worst when I went in then they were when I left.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: