Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New FA Cup Kit  (Read 26253 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 19:10:39 »

FAC games. Ive not encouraged anyone else not to go to the game. I havnt said 'I hope we lose' or anything stupid like that. Ive said I wont be going, thats my choice.

The only way for fans to take a stand against bad practice is at their own clubs. Thats the only way to change club football for the better. Its been a series of small steps that has got English club football into the money obsessed, whoring the game mentality we are in now. No one listens to fans in this country, because no one makes a stand.

I certainly do not think I am in tune with most fans.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 19:12:22 »

We did that against Crawley last season...and it was so wrong.

I refuse to buy the People or any Mirror Group title due to the demotion. Yes they might not have printed any lies, but who owned the title at the time?

A certain Robert Maxwell, who used to own the Pox !!

I'll now have to explain to a young kid,who I've been taking to the CG this season, why we're not playing in red at home...and he won't understand it !!

And believe me...he wont care.....you may well do,but he wont.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 19:17:36 »

I certainly do not think I am in tune with most fans.

Spence

I more than most understand and can identify with what "the few" can do, believe me

I am not saying that you have encouraged other people not to attend FAC games have I ?

That is your stance, its up to you. I disagree and think it is childish but, it's up to you

But please stop posting as if you are the voice of the fan, because quite clearly you are not
Spencer_White

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 19:30:53 »

But please stop posting as if you are the voice of the fan, because quite clearly you are not

OK. I understand what you are saying now. My mentality has been shaped by seeing plenty of fellow supporters give up on STFC/football altogether over the last 10 years because they hated what it has become. For me, its the difference between 'take it or leave it' or fight back and try to change it.

Im not going to change my posts though.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 19:35:40 by Spencer_White » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 20:10:02 »

Thats not how I read it. Spencer is offering an opinion on something Town related - fuck me Spencer don't do that on a Town forum. People can agree or disagree with him or ignore him. I don't think he's passing himself off as the fans voice or that his opinion matters more than anyone else's. Think you need to read it again or just ignore him Fred.
Dozno9

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 20:10:58 »

I will attend this game in full red home kit, socks, boots, the lot as a sign of protest and I encourage you all to do the same.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 20:34:37 »

Spence

Where does posting your strongly opinionated views turn in to posting as if you are 'the voice of the fan' and how is this judged? Surely the finger could be pointed at anyone who posts an opinion if that's the case?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 20:49:16 »

I think Fred needs a beer.

I will attend this game in full red home kit, socks, boots, the lot as a sign of protest and I encourage you all to do the same.

Not enough.  What we really need is our own 'Red' Man Group.  (For anyone who has not seen Blue Man Group, they look something like this...)

[url width=460 height=288]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01247/blue-man-group_1247903c.jpg[/url]
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 20:51:00 »

Licking every goddam window you pass?

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 21:49:47 »

First off, not intending to question Spencer's decision and the majority of fans I know don't like these cup kits.

Anyway, you may argue we rely on these to financially boost us and any boycott will only fuel the need for special kits.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 21:57:43 »

Don't mind the shirt but think we have been spoilt of late with four four two and Samsung so " The People " hasn't got the same sort of appeal to it. Won't be buying one myself.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 08:39:49 »

I don't really care about the sponsor, but we shouldn't play in anything but red at home.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 08:54:15 »

First all i think its great were getting extra sponsership at the club every little helps indeed and thats credit to the club who have gone out and got it but also have to agree its just stupid we have to play in white at home anyway, it will look stupid if we go out first time wont it against huddersfield i realy cant see the point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 09:27:49 »

I don't really care about the sponsor, but we shouldn't play in anything but red at home.

Conversely I care about it being that sponsor more that I do about the colour of the shirt. Though clearly we should play in red as much as possible.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 09:40:41 »

Just so everyone's clear...

From swindon-town-fc-co.uk

The Sunday People printed revelations that chairman Brian Hillier had bet on Swindon to lose in an FA Cup match against Newcastle. The Town were beaten 5-0. On 5th January 1989, both Macari and Hillier were charged with unauthorised betting. Hillier was suspended from football for six months (later increased to three years), the club were fined £7,500, and Macari £1,000, for what the FA described as a minor role in a "foolhardy misdemeanour"

To be sponsored by them is a disgrace.  Shame on you STFC.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: