Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EPPP aka death to FL youth development  (Read 2332 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 11:42:18 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15381652.stm

Football League clubs have voted to abolish the tribunal system that sets fees when clubs cannot agree a transfer for home-grown youth players.

The Premier League had threatened to withhold funding for youth development if the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) was not accepted.

The new proposals will guarantee clubs more funding for youth football over a guaranteed four-year period.

But it could mean clubs receive lower fees for players under the age of 17.

Anyone know which way Wray voted on this? 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 12:53:24 »

Voted no
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 16:33:21 »

Scrap the youths below 16 then. No point anymore.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 16:38:52 »

It's starnge we heard nothing about this recently. Yet another move to widen the gulf between the haves and the have nots. Can't be long before the Prem branches off completely now, this current model will get another 5-10 years then ther'll be some sort of breakaway that'll kill this game off in this country.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 16:40:01 »

I suppose the bigger Football League clubs with Prem aspirations voted in favour of this while the minnows said 'do one'.

The idea of paying £2,000,000 for a 14 year old just sounds daft to me.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 19:00:23 »

Sounds like the PL had all of them over a barrel. Can't see most lower league clubs bothering when the PL clubs will grab the best (no 90-min rule) for a pittance.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 21, 2011, 19:40:21 »

Can someone confirm what the youth development funding actually is?

The articles I've read quote a figure of £5m, is that for the entire Football League or per club, per year or over 4 years or what?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 22, 2011, 07:21:46 »

I read that as the entire football league funding for a 4 year period.

Not that they wouldn't but I wonder if the FA have to sanction this. I really hope it's a deal that can be reversed at some point on the future. Don't imagine it'll be too long before we see the impact of this policy and clubs start to realise they've been well and truly fucked over. 

Isn't this just going to lead to even more young lads leaving professional football? The PL clubs will bow just sweep up all the top talent as they won't have to worry about potentially paying out millions. Only a tiny fraction will make it though so what will happen with the rest? Sure some will find other clubs but imagine a large chunk will be disillusioned and leave the game. I hope there's some quota system in place to stop them taking on hundreds...
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 22, 2011, 07:40:11 »

We'll end up having to pick up the ones that get released by the PL clubs when it turns out they're not good enough. They will come with 'big time' attitudes and very limited exposure to competetive football.

Bag of shite.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 22, 2011, 08:14:19 »

We'll end up having to pick up the ones that get released by the PL clubs when it turns out they're not good enough. They will come with 'big time' attitudes and very limited exposure to competetive football.

Bag of shite.
Will this lead to feeder clubs?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 22, 2011, 10:45:43 »

It will lead to average youth players going pro on 4 or 5 year contracts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: