Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town - Official JPT Matchday Thread  (Read 16743 times)
Keroooosh

« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 22:58:57 »

Just got back, Exeter were awful and we barely got into 4th gear and should have scored a couple more goals!
I thought Lanzano was excellent all night, came for crosses, made good saves and the goal they did score he could do nothing about!

Jervis looks a real handful, hes tall and has lots of pace and an eye for a goal! Interesting to see who starts up front for the next game!

Must admit i only expected around 100-150 Town fans so was pleasantly surprised that there was just under 300 Smiley

COYR
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 00:00:18 »

Well done all who went...what a great result,winning at Crawley,Bristol and now Exeter gives me great hope.
I have said it once and i will say it again............Mr Di Canio is just starting his ride on the Swindon Express,jump on because i believe it is going to be fun filled.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 04:16:58 »

B'mth away would do me nicely
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 06:33:48 »

Well done all who went...what a great result,winning at Crawley,Bristol and now Exeter gives me great hope.

shame we can't get results or even a single point at places like Burton and Macclesfield - definitely not promotion form.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 06:58:07 »

Exeter were poor last night, but they tried to play the ball on floor, which suited us. We won the battle in midfield all night and Abdullah was very effective, nothing flashy but continually breaking up their play and laying the ball off, I only counted a couple of times where his pass went astray.
We do have a tendency to go 'off the boil' in the second half of games and last night was no different.
Jervis looks like the player we've been missing; quick to spot opportunities and always looking to run onto balls. He was blowing out of his arse towards the end, but maybe that's because he hasn't had the benefit of a Paolo pre season?
Not convinced with the goalkeeper yet, the few saves he had to make he did (Couldn't do anything about their goal, which was a bit special) but his kicking and overall distribution was ropey as fuck.
All in all a good team performance.

A bit of a letdown that the terrace wasn't open. The stand we were in must date back to the 1920's!

It's All Good..............
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 08:15:34 »

Well I must say I was left dissappointed by the signing of Jake Jervis, but Im happy to be proved worng by this opening account of himself on his full debut. Nice one. Can't be dropped for the next game on this performance, Karrouche and jervis up front then? Im looking forward to the game against Hereford
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 08:33:44 »

A good case in point of why people shouldn't judge a player based on Wiki/You tube/FM etc. Anyway hopefully he'll carry this on and be better than any of us hoped.

Anyone know if the draw on sat is still split east and west as well as north and south???
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 09:36:39 by Paolo69 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 09:37:43 »

For those that havent seen it yet, the first goal from Jervis from an Exeter perspective, fantastic crossfield pass by Ritchie and good cross from Gabi with a neat finish....nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 09:49:38 »

Great goal. Well done lads and fair play to those that went.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 10:02:43 »

Time for my view Smiley

I have read back through this thread an fuck me there is some wierd stuff in here, someone typed get Ritchie off....WTF he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile, he drifted in and out of the game as normal but when he had the ball the guy is class, has a few shots one saved well by their keeper who is one of ths shitest keepers I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching football! atrocious keeping.

We kept the ball well and played with some style when the ball was on the ground and not hoofed up front by Lanzano, who had a good game, if a little theatrical at times and he does have woeful kicking, almost every kick went right through to their keeper, otherwise pretty solid, they scored an unstoppable goal that would have beaten any keeper.

Lanzano, surprisingly solid, came out and caught the ball a few times, juggled the ball a few times but didnt do a lot wrong, he just scares the bejesus out of me at times!

Caddis, god leader, played really solidly, barely missed a pass and his distribution was very good, even though most of the game he had no one in front of him as Ritchie was wandering all over the pitch looking for the ball.

Cibocchi looked very solid, got forward a couple of times and linked up well with Gabilondo on the left, defended well and was only caught out of position a couple of times, which was covered by Gabilondo and Devera.

Devera looked solid too, didnt give their strikers any time on the ball and nearly scored with a cracking header in the second half, solid.

McCormack looked like hes always played at centre back, reminded me a bit of Calderwood, got beat in the air a couple of times but looked excellent at CB and barely put a foot wrong.

Gabilondo, the guy is an enigma, does the simple things quite badly at times but when he has the ball at his feet man can he shift, and beat his man for speed every time, looked very good on the wing, just wasnt given the ball quite enough.

Ritchie played excellent, passed theball well, ran with the ball and had a few rasping shots, hes a class act and probably overall MOM for me.

Smith, good a bit of pace tracking back, made some good tackles, found a Town shirt with almost every pass he made, looked a little reckless in the tackle at times, will come good if he can time his tackles better.

Abdulla, brilliant, pressed Ritchie for MOM, ran around and has a great engine, can pass the ball well, can tackle, always looking up for options, played in quite a defensive role sat in front of the back 4 but never put a foot wrong all night, worth playing alongside Ferry any day.

Connell, wasnt too bad first half early on, set up the first goal with a good head back to Jervis but otherwise was totally lost and out of his depth, was the poorest player on our side, should have gone off at half time.

Jervis, excellent all round play, led the line well, has bags of pace to burn but just isnt quite that good in the air despite his size, the first goal he took well the second was a brilliant tackle on the keeper, absolutely brilliant, pressed Ritchie as MOM as well.

Kerrouche, looked lost apart from one pretty average freekick that was on target but soft which their keeper almost fumbled into the net, otherwise wasnt at the races.

Risser, fucking terrible, rifled every pass as hard as he could, dived, argued with the ref, utterly shit, get rid of him ASAP.

Thompson, did ok when he was on, slotted in at left back and didnt do anything wrong at all.
Running through our side.

Overall we played well, very well first half, not so well second but Exeter never even looked like scoring, their goal was so out of the blue, no one saw that coming!

Good game, good night, good turn out byt Town fans.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 10:11:21 »

Time for my view Smiley

I have read back through this thread an fuck me there is some wierd stuff in here, someone typed get Ritchie off....WTF he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile, he drifted in and out of the game as normal but when he had the ball the guy is class, has a few shots one saved well by their keeper who is one of ths shitest keepers I have ever witnessed in 40 years of watching football! atrocious keeping.

We kept the ball well and played with some style when the ball was on the ground and not hoofed up front by Lanzano, who had a good game, if a little theatrical at times and he does have woeful kicking, almost every kick went right through to their keeper, otherwise pretty solid, they scored an unstoppable goal that would have beaten any keeper.

Lanzano, surprisingly solid, came out and caught the ball a few times, juggled the ball a few times but didnt do a lot wrong, he just scares the bejesus out of me at times!

Caddis, god leader, played really solidly, barely missed a pass and his distribution was very good, even though most of the game he had no one in front of him as Ritchie was wandering all over the pitch looking for the ball.

Cibocchi looked very solid, got forward a couple of times and linked up well with Gabilondo on the left, defended well and was only caught out of position a couple of times, which was covered by Gabilondo and Devera.

Devera looked solid too, didnt give their strikers any time on the ball and nearly scored with a cracking header in the second half, solid.

McCormack looked like hes always played at centre back, reminded me a bit of Calderwood, got beat in the air a couple of times but looked excellent at CB and barely put a foot wrong.

Gabilondo, the guy is an enigma, does the simple things quite badly at times but when he has the ball at his feet man can he shift, and beat his man for speed every time, looked very good on the wing, just wasnt given the ball quite enough.

Ritchie played excellent, passed theball well, ran with the ball and had a few rasping shots, hes a class act and probably overall MOM for me.

Smith, good a bit of pace tracking back, made some good tackles, found a Town shirt with almost every pass he made, looked a little reckless in the tackle at times, will come good if he can time his tackles better.

Abdulla, brilliant, pressed Ritchie for MOM, ran around and has a great engine, can pass the ball well, can tackle, always looking up for options, played in quite a defensive role sat in front of the back 4 but never put a foot wrong all night, worth playing alongside Ferry any day.

Connell, wasnt too bad first half early on, set up the first goal with a good head back to Jervis but otherwise was totally lost and out of his depth, was the poorest player on our side, should have gone off at half time.

Jervis, excellent all round play, led the line well, has bags of pace to burn but just isnt quite that good in the air despite his size, the first goal he took well the second was a brilliant tackle on the keeper, absolutely brilliant, pressed Ritchie as MOM as well.

Kerrouche, looked lost apart from one pretty average freekick that was on target but soft which their keeper almost fumbled into the net, otherwise wasnt at the races.

Risser, fucking terrible, rifled every pass as hard as he could, dived, argued with the ref, utterly shit, get rid of him ASAP.

Thompson, did ok when he was on, slotted in at left back and didnt do anything wrong at all.
Running through our side.

Overall we played well, very well first half, not so well second but Exeter never even looked like scoring, their goal was so out of the blue, no one saw that coming!

Good game, good night, good turn out byt Town fans.

Good report JJ, agree with most of that to be honest. Bit hard on Risser mind, thought he played alright and got involved in some good passing moves when he came on. Did dive embarrassingly a couple of times though, but then so does Karroooooshhh...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 10:31:58 »

someone typed get Ritchie off....WTF

I assumed at the time they meant give him a rest as we were 2-0 and we could save him for Saturday. Not get him off as he's rubbish.

Thanks for the reports all. Sounded a littl edull on the radio once we got to 2-0 - and I mean that in a good way because we were killing the game in a professional manner.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 10:49:46 »

Caddis, god leader, at CB and barely put a foot wrong.

Didn't think he was that good !!  Clap

Good report tho JJ
Peter Venkman

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 11:08:56 »

Didn't think he was that good !!  Clap

Good report tho JJ

Oopsy Smiley

Here is our 2nd goal from the same Exeter fan in the home end....enjoy......

Peter Venkman

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 11:10:38 »

And for the full set......

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: