Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yes or No?  (Read 2007 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:12:50 »

Was listening to a debate today about the sad case of Milly Dowler,now the family have been offered 2 million pounds on top of a million for charity,my first reaction was good i hope the money makes there lives a lot happier etc especially as the last ten years as been hell for them...then i got thinking could you really enjoy that money knowing that the murder of your daughter was the reason you have it in an indirect way.
Of course we all know the cynical reasons why Murdoch and co are offering the money but that aside i wondered how people feel.....i suppose it is an impossible question to answer us not being the poor family. Hmmm

But what a statement it would be if they turned round and said....no,stick your money.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:24:13 »

It's a pity they couldn't sue them through the US court system, they'd get hundreds of millions over there and even that wouldn't be enough. The money won't make up for what happened but at least it will provide them with some security.

There is a lot of sick things going on in the world today but what News Corp did to that family is pure evil.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:39:12 »

its kinda blood money, but I'd be tempted to put it to good use - set up some foundation to help people so her name would live on (to be honest there probably already is one).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:39:52 »

Nothing will change how they feel after losing a daughter. Nothing will change what the tabloid scum did.

I know what you mean but they'd be fools not to take it. They have another child. This money secures her life moving forward. The money has no link to the murder itself, just the aftermath.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:58:16 »

There is a lot of sick things going on in the world today but what News Corp did to that family is pure evil.

Listening to someone's voicemail is not pure evil, sure the circumstances were unsavoury but let's not compare this with other true evil acts like the actual murder.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:04:44 »

Listening to someone's voicemail is not pure evil, sure the circumstances were unsavoury but let's not compare this with other true evil acts like the actual murder.

I would tend to agree with you except this poor girl had just been murdered...not a pissed up Gazza or someone.....and lets not forget at the time whoever hacked that phone could have been seriously  damaging the prospects of finding the killer...also my feeling is that the police somehow knew the phone had been hacked,which is even sadder in many ways.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:10:19 »

Oh yeah, absolutely agree. I don't condone what they've done at all. It gave false hope and misdirected the police at a time that was critical to the investigation.

I just think it needs a little perspective when compared with some of the other truly evil things that have happened over the years.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:24:32 »

Oh yeah, absolutely agree. I don't condone what they've done at all. It gave false hope and misdirected the police at a time that was critical to the investigation.

I just think it needs a little perspective when compared with some of the other truly evil things that have happened over the years.

That is very true.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:45:46 »

If all they did was listen to the voicemails it would have been bad enough, but it was the deletion of some of the voicemails to clear space for more that was the evil bit. It gave the family false hope and impacted the police investigation. It was pure chance that it didn't have severe implications - what if she was still alive and it delayed the police and in the meantime she was killed?

I'm not comparing it with actual murder, but it was still evil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: