Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Creepy Crawley - Official Groundsman's Matchday Thread  (Read 61611 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:28:23 »

You should go in the town end, although you can't see the goal you can't hear the music either

You can barely hear it in the DRS either. But its the principle.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:28:41 »

What song did they used to play? I can't think.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:30:08 »

Fantastic night.  Reminiscient of Luton and Wycombe away under Andy King in our playoff season of 04/05, and not just because of the score.  The support was brilliant, poor Steve Evans didn't stand a chance.  We looked the home team in the first half and played some neat, tidy stuff.  The goal did come out of nowhere, and did appear to be a lucky deflection, although couldn't really see it from the away end.

Half time and Crawley came out fighting.  I despise footballing cliches, but second goal was indeed crucial.  Had Crawley nicked the second it would have been a very different game, but I don't remember having to make a save of note.  Connell was unlucky to go off - injury perhaps? - but at least di Canio was reactive to the Crawley pressure and Kerrouche put the game beyond doubt.  He never looked like missing the third to cap an excellent night.  Three wins on the bounce, that's genuine promotion form.

Special mention for Miles Story who terrified the fuck out of them when he was brought on...  Thought he was brought on a little early, and he did look a little rusty, but seems to be deserving of his place in the squad.

EIEIO!  I've lost my fucking voice....  I tried the Steve Evans... Paedophile chant but got nowhere...   Embarrassed
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:30:39 »

What song did they used to play? I can't think.

Feel Good by James Brown wasn't it?
Barry Scott

« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:31:13 »

I don't know why we can't play that Ray Charles number after we score. No one else has that, it's upbeat, it's fun, it's got a cool edge to it. I suppose we can't sing along, but so what, it'd be ours.

can't you just turn it off and back on again  ?

That is actually what I did. Fuck solving shit I only know a very small amount about. Reboot. Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:32:20 »

I've just though of the perfect song. I'm gonna find it, post a video and then no one can watch it while they post their own for no one to watch! Cheesy
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:32:54 »

Quite.  This isn't ice hockey.

Great idea - we could have that da da da da music
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:33:53 »

That is actually what I did. Fuck solving shit I only know a very small amount about. Reboot. Smiley

Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:35:08 »

I tried the Steve Evans... Paedophile chant but got nowhere...   Embarrassed

Cheeky smile or not, he doesn't look like the kind of bloke to share a bag of sweets with anyone.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:36:18 »

Cheeky smile or not, he doesn't look like the kind of bloke to share a bag of sweets with anyone.

Funniest post of the night 
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:37:14 »

Fantastic night.  Reminiscient of Luton and Wycombe away under Andy King in our playoff season of 04/05, and not just because of the score.  The support was brilliant, poor Steve Evans didn't stand a chance.  We looked the home team in the first half and played some neat, tidy stuff.  The goal did come out of nowhere, and did appear to be a lucky deflection, although couldn't really see it from the away end.

Half time and Crawley came out fighting.  I despise footballing cliches, but second goal was indeed crucial.  Had Crawley nicked the second it would have been a very different game, but I don't remember having to make a save of note.  Connell was unlucky to go off - injury perhaps? - but at least di Canio was reactive to the Crawley pressure and Kerrouche put the game beyond doubt.  He never looked like missing the third to cap an excellent night.  Three wins on the bounce, that's genuine promotion form.

Special mention for Miles Story who terrified the fuck out of them when he was brought on...  Thought he was brought on a little early, and he did look a little rusty, but seems to be deserving of his place in the squad.

EIEIO!  I've lost my fucking voice....  I tried the Steve Evans... Paedophile chant but got nowhere...   Embarrassed

Are you Mattea Lanzano?  Hmmm
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:38:31 »

Still looks like Pat Butcher though !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Barry Scott

« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:44:16 »

This. Must. Be. Our. Post. Goal. Song. Fuckingfactcuntfaces.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:44:21 »

We don't need any song after we score.

We don't need no song, let the melon farmers sing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:44:32 »

Disappointingly restrained response from fatty:

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/page/MatchReport/0,,11025~58083,00.html

After the game manager Evans admitted the big decisions had gone against his side.

"The first goal was offside and I thought we could have had a penalty. Credit to Swindon, they looked a decent side but if we had equalised in the second half I think we would have gone on and won the game.

"We have got some big players missing at the moment and this is a test of character for us but we will go back to the training ground and work through things and prepare for Bradford on Saturday."

Which leads me to an obvious point. We have what is starting to look like a good squad for the league, not just a good first 11. If we can tighten the defence up (yes two clean sheets) it could be a good season Smiley
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 21:47:02 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: