Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Creepy Crawley - Official Groundsman's Matchday Thread  (Read 61195 times)
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 08:30:47 »

wasnt he on the bench?

Would have thought Comazzi was on the bench but fairly sure I saw Sean Morrison outside the ground with ticket in hand. Anyone see him in the stands?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 08:38:53 »

Great night, great win. The Evans-baiting was most enjoyable.

Must admit first 30mins of the second half was very nervous as we couldn't get out of our own half, thought the game had late equaliser written all over it.

PdC's fitness regime is clearly starting to pay dividends though with the late goals against Rotherham and again last night, it's a great attribute to have as you start to believe you can always get back into a game even late on.

Defence was impressive again, even without Flint, and while our box was under pressure second half it was good to see we seem to have improved at clearing crosses and corners, I don't think they had a decent shot on target all game.

Kerrouche is looking class and even though he looked knackered was still chasing down everything at the end.

Defintely worth a mention for Storey, changed the game when he came on by stretching their defence, great to be able to bring on some pace off the bench and looked confident running at defenders. Will be interested to see how he progresses as the season goes on.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 08:39:47 »

£2  66/1  it was just fun bet that came off.

Some woman had town to win 4-0 and would have won £400.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 08:42:10 »

nice one Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 09:18:57 »

Is it ok to upgrade from 'sceptical' to 'cautiously optimistic' ?

What makes the three goal winning streak impressive & frustrating at the same time is the teams we have beaten (Rotherham, Southend, Crawley) are, on paper, tougher to break down than the teams we lost to (Cheltenham, Dagenham, Oxford, Shrewsbury) in the four match losing streak that immediately preceded it.

After the Shrewsbury defeat we were:
  - 10 points adrift of top
  - 7 points adrift of the automatic promotion places
  - 6 points adrift of the play off places; and
  - 1 point above the relegation zone.

But three wins later, and we're:
  - 5 points adrift of top
  - 2 points adrift of the automatic promotion places
  - 1 point adrift of the play off places; and
  - 7 points above the relegation zone.

Nice little turnaround, that.  We need to maintain the trajectory in to the next 6 league games against Burton, Barnet, Macclesfield, Hereford, Accrington & Plymouth.  Not saying we're going to win all of these, but they are all winnable.  Top three within the next month is a realistic objective.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 09:26:41 »

Fucking ace night...

Took Stroud STFC with me......the bloke has worms....like a pac man.

Anyway...great game and a win...we looked good value and rode our luck for the first 15 minutes of the second half when they battrered us.

In the end it was Fat fuck Evans with more excuses than OJ Simpson trying to explain how his side had shipped in 9 goals in two games...i just wish we had nabbed that fourth...and made it ten..

Not doing Burton....so roll on Barnet..

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 09:27:45 »

What makes the three goal winning streak impressive & frustrating at the same time is the teams we have beaten (Rotherham, Southend, Crawley) are, on paper, tougher to break down than the teams we lost to (Cheltenham, Dagenham, Oxford, Shrewsbury) in the four match losing streak that immediately preceded it.

After the Shrewsbury defeat we were:
  - 10 points adrift of top
  - 7 points adrift of the automatic promotion places
  - 6 points adrift of the play off places; and
  - 1 point above the relegation zone.

But three wins later, and we're:
  - 5 points adrift of top
  - 2 points adrift of the automatic promotion places
  - 1 point adrift of the play off places; and
  - 7 points above the relegation zone.

Nice little turnaround, that.  We need to maintain the trajectory in to the next 6 league games against Burton, Barnet, Macclesfield, Hereford, Accrington & Plymouth.  Not saying we're going to win all of these, but they are all winnable.  Top three within the next month is a realistic objective.
I agree . . . . but this is STFC we are talking about!!!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 09:44:02 »

wasnt he on the bench?

yeah
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 09:44:22 »

we were always going to be a bit ropey to start though Ardiles. New manager, new squad, takes time. And whether we maintain this form or not, I think we'll win more than we lose, simply because we're quite good and the belief will be sky high. Tactically Paolo played a blinder last night, which hopefully means he's learning from earlier debacles.

Not quite sure if we rode our luck at the back last night. I just thought we defender well...
Muffin Man

« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:01:07 »

A few direct quotes from the Crawley forum, there is a fair amount of unrest over there at the moment, these can be confirmed by Herthab and Ralphy who are also members on there Smiley

the good..........

"Swindon were good, defended well, good set of fans and deserved every one of their 3 points. "

"Swindon were simply the better team, very organised defensively and good on the counter attack.
It's League 2, we will face teams better than us we just need to accept it."

"Swindon showed that touch of class in their finishing, hitting us twice on the counter. "

the Bad..........

"Oh well - another bad day at the office
Still, I'd rather support a losing team with a convicted criminal as a manager than a winning team with a fascist at the helm. Albeit a fascist who won the fair play award!"

"nine goals conceded in two games, there is a lack of shape to his team when they lose possession and opposing teams at this level punish you. Mr Evans has underestimated the difference in quality between league 2 and the conference."

"However, the lack of pace and experience in the back line told in the end, and gave Swindon an unfair gloss on the scoreline. On the balance of play I'd say 1-1 would have been right."

"Swindon were nothing special but we never really put them under any pressure, the easiest 3 points they'll get all season."

"Swindon weren't that much better than us, certainly not three goals better, they had a gameplan and they stuck to it and always got a block or tackle in when it mattered. "

"What a bloody shambles. "

the ugly..........

"After the abuse that Evans has dishes out over the last couple of weeks to the players, who can blame them don't want to play for Evans."

"Steve Evans mightve lost the dressing room if he has then he has to regain that quickly in fact I would say Saturday or he will be gone quicker than he can grab his next Burger!
I am concerned the way he appears to have ripped into his team"

"Evans got to go,doesnt know his best side, no shape defensively to his team and lack pace and energy in middle of the park.Out of his depth"

"Sack Evans.... and become a more liked football club."

"With Evans in your Earhole all the time,it's not suprising team spirit is low."
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:05:20 »

Is there anywhere that the highlights can be viewed online?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:17:41 »

They're normally up on the BBC website a couple of days after so you might have to hang on until tomorrow.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:47:23 »

Yes, in the Swansea section.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 12:37:53 »

Yes, in the Swansea section.

Muwhahahahaha!  Huh?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 12:59:13 »

Only just had the chance to post anything but boy am I glad I drove down to Sussex last night Cheesy

Got home at 11:30pm and was up for work at 4:30am this morning and feel shattered but it was worth every minute to sing 'HAVE YOU EVER SEEN YOUR DICK' to fat boy Evans.

Great away day.

Kerrrrrrrrrrrrroooooosh !
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: