Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Creepy Crawley - Official Groundsman's Matchday Thread  (Read 60198 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 17:05:19 »

It doesn't matter. Brighton fans hate Crwaley.

Wooosh
adje

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 17:07:42 »

Would have thought Comazzi was on the bench but fairly sure I saw Sean Morrison outside the ground with ticket in hand. Anyone see him in the stands?

I saw Morrison by the refreshment bar

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 17:16:13 »

Most of you in the half moon missed our early arrival shenanigans . 3 pissed pikeys, a dad and his 2 young sons, who thought we were sweden fans, and wanted to know if we wanted to help them beat up the rest of the pub! Delightful..

I was there but round the other side of the pub.

I never could quite relax in that place. You sensed it could all kick off at any moment.

Any pub with a punch bag, you have to watch your back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 17:20:48 »

It was the best of times,it was the worst of times.Torturous first 30 minutes of the second half when it just seemed inevitable that Creepy would score but the last 15 minutes were the best I've experienced for a long time.Id say MaCormack makes an excellent centre half and Devera played well also-how they dealt with half an hour of total bombardment was very impressive.Couldn't understand why it took so long to replace Abdulla with Ferry who along with Storey turned the game.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 17:54:00 »

Best away day I've had in a while.

Crawley didn't really offer anything bar a spell in the 2nd half. McCormack was immense I thought, Storey showed a lot of promise, and well KErrouche, looks like we've found a gem there.

Crawley supporters were shit, the noise from our end was immense and we outsung them the whole game. Did you see Di canio hug fatty Evans at the end? Made me chuckle. Evans couldnt deal with the abuse coming from us, he was not happy haha.

They have been brought back to reality with a bump and I don't think they will make the play offs.

Our fitness levels are ridiculous, a lot of teams can't handle it and I feel we will win the majority of our games in the last 20 mins or so.

Epic night out, there was a fit bird working in the half moon too

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 18:22:48 »

Definately one of the best away days for a while.

Last night was the first time for ages where every single fan was behind them for 100% of the game.  Didnt hear any negative comments even when we were a bit shit for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half.

A real battling performance and i had that feeling of pride in the boys as i walked out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 20:12:41 »

I was there and saw him talking 'at' a swindon bloke at the bar. The pikey's language made me blush  Embarrassed

Think the son was starting on one of the locals, who was 4 times his age! Bouncer seemed like a nice chap but was hovering, waiting for it to kick off!

Shame, as the other locals and the bar staff were ok.   

Obviously wasnt me I'm scandinavian Smiley
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 20:33:05 »

Obviously wasnt me I'm scandinavian Smiley

Good point, I should have noticed by the shoulder length blonde hair and Abba Gold t-shirt.
König

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 20:54:58 »

highlights up on player now, albeit bloody shit ones that show only our goals and nothing else from the game!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 20:59:04 »

Did we ever find out why some Crawley fan kept randomly ringing a bell ?? Bloke next to me said it's Evans dinner bell Cheesy
It's a thankfully pale imitation of pompey chimes bell ringer "John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood" that some old git thinks adds atmosphere (and gets him, like Steve Fatboy Evans, a line in the local paper) - I didn't mind it unlike the pompey version, let alone the bloody drummin'
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 21:01:03 »

Four words.

Paolo Di Fucking Canio.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 21:06:17 »

You do get the impression that the players are enjoying themselves at the moment.

Look at the way non-goalscoring players are throwing themselves into our fans. Granted one is Simon Ferry and he's a little crazy but accoring to sauces he was out of here a month or so ago.

Good stuff.
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 21:06:33 »

Definately one of the best away days for a while.

Last night was the first time for ages where every single fan was behind them for 100% of the game.  Didnt hear any negative comments even when we were a bit shit for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half.

A real battling performance and i had that feeling of pride in the boys as i walked out.

Agree with all that. Best away day I've had since Charlton in the play offs! Loved the abuse we gave Evans too
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 21:09:22 »

You do get the impression that the players are enjoying themselves at the moment.

Look at the way non-goalscoring players are throwing themselves into our fans. Granted one is Simon Ferry and he's a little crazy but accoring to sauces he was out of here a month or so ago.

Good stuff.
The celebrations after the third goal were great - all the players were involved, they were delighted for Kerrouche, and they wanted to celebrate with the fans too. Ferry took it a bit too far, but that's only to be expected! Kennedy amused me - joined the huddle of players then just stood there with a massive grin on his face looking at the fans going mental!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 21:10:32 »

Ha what did ferry do
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: