Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 59378 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 01:20:56 »

anybody else think that all this extra training and increased fitness levels is starting to show? Ritchie kept running all game and it was his efforts that lead to Kerooooooche's chance when their keep duffed it.

A word of caution....we've already had evidence this year of us looking very good on Sky, with MR to the forefront. Think we need to back this up with something more tangible, before getting carried away.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 06:46:18 »

Wow! Watched the game when I got home last night. Very entertaining.

Wasn't impressed by Lanzano nor Magera. Both probably need a few games to get into the swing of things.

Keroosh impressed. He was all over the park! De Vita seemed to take up many of the same positions as Magera and Keroosh in the 1st half,  but stuck to the touchline more in the 2nd.

Connell looked very sharp, while Ritchie worked incredibly hard.

McCormack, Ferry and Abdullah were all very workmanlike.

Flint looked good, but had a few momentary lapses. Comazzi looked very slow.

Caddis ran forward lots and lots, but I don't remember too much quality product.

Kennedy I thought did ok. He's better going forward than defending. Cibocchi seemed no nonsense - Didn't notice him much, which I guess is a good sign.

All in all, a good performance from a 'mid table' side. As Reg says though, I wonder if we will get the same performance levels when there are no Sky cameras there? I hope so, but I also hope that we will look more threatening in front of goal - 90 mins of threat of the same standard as when Connell came on.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 07:15:34 »

Grabban got the better of Comazzi at the Town End end, with the defender going in slightly late on him. Was a definite penalty for me, but as Costanza says, we were due a bit of luck after have stonewallers denied at Cheltenham and Dagenham!

I've seen said incident again, and yes it was a penalty. Watching in the ground I thought Comazzi had got a touch on the ball.

As for our sending off. What a complete and utter joke.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 07:28:12 »

Looking at the match again, the way Connell makes a yard of space in the area to get his all important headers on goal is something to behold.

I believe this is down to his lower league experience...He simply knows had to get a yard of space as he knows lower league defenders and what they're about.

He has to start from hereon in - and I believe will be our talisman.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 07:32:43 »

The problem is that if we play kerrouche and Connell people on here will moan that we haven't got a big target man....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #425 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 07:43:34 »

It's any 2 from that 3 against Southend. Bam Magera looked bloody good yesterday, if slightly unfit. When his levels are the same as the rest he'll be awesome in this league. Won't score many but will be the perfect foil for Kerrouche or Connell. Really think it'll be Magera and one other going forward as a rule, but who that one other is this week is anyone's guess.;
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 07:45:59 »

A guess made even harder by trying to get in yet another striker.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 08:39:45 »

Don't know if this has been highlighted, (cba to read whole thread) but Magera lost Revell for both his goals, which suggests he needs to have a word with Aden Flint on how to mark someone. He's a bloody giant fer chrissakes!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 08:51:33 »

Not been home yet to watch the second half on sky plus but watched the hour long highlights on sky.

Whilst, I realise the second half was condensed and not in its entiretly I thought we played well.

Comazzi didnt have much to do all game he did? appears not....not sure on that viewing where the stick is coming from - he looked ok to me but then again Rotherham didnt get forward.

Quite possible the recipient of the softest red card ever - and Scott had the cheek to call our players divers. Two little bits of shoulder to shoulder contact and their player has hit the deck. I'm not sure i'd consider either 'booking'  a foul let alone a booking!

Cant even appeal it.

McCormack looked pretty wasteful in possession and Abdulla looked full of energy when he came on and was willing to put the hard work that so many young loan players feel is beneath them.

Connells movement was fantastic - did to them exactly what Revell did to us.

Kerrouche looked good and a hard worker. Magera looked like he had something about him - he was marking Revell for both goals, the first one he's dropped 5 yards to win the first header, hence being off Revell when he scored the header. Apparently Di Canio said he was only 40% fit, if so why leave start him and not Connell?

Rotherham could have had a penalty but if stupid chin hair guy had been less worried about going down (we're the divers right scott?) and made more effort to square the ball they'd have scored. Yes there was contact but fuck me, contact doesnt mean you lose all control of your limbs and fall to the ground. I'd have been livid  if say Ritchie was in that position and didnt manage to square the ball.

Andy Scott, post match  - what fucking game did he watch? I think the only thing he said that was true was the fact Rotherham were poor. Diving and rolling around on the floor? yeah our players went down (19 fouls wasnt it?) he had a go at Caddis who Revell clearly caught (accidently, but contact) it was his own player who crashed into the goal keeper. He also said the physio hadnt been on? Keeper plugged his own nose did he? Good luck the physio wasnt needed more, the knee high, studs in challenge on Kennedy was horrendous and matey boys second yellow could have done damage to Kerrouches ankle to.

Then he went on some rant about the Di Canio show? why? because you're a bitter nobody no one knows or gives a fuck about? Sure, we get more media attention but Rotherham players kicking off on our staff isnt going to help and Andy Scott spending most of his post match interview talking about STFC and Di Canio isnt going to help matters is it?

What a deluded bitter prick.

fatbasher

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:00:53 »

Not been home yet to watch the second half on sky plus but watched the hour long highlights on sky.

Whilst, I realise the second half was condensed and not in its entiretly I thought we played well.

Comazzi didnt have much to do all game he did? appears not....not sure on that viewing where the stick is coming from - he looked ok to me but then again Rotherham didnt get forward.

Quite possible the recipient of the softest red card ever - and Scott had the cheek to call our players divers. Two little bits of shoulder to shoulder contact and their player has hit the deck. I'm not sure i'd consider either 'booking'  a foul let alone a booking!

Cant even appeal it.

McCormack looked pretty wasteful in possession and Abdulla looked full of energy when he came on and was willing to put the hard work that so many young loan players feel is beneath them.

Kerrouche looked good and a hard worker. Magera looked like he had something about him - he was marking Revell for both goals, the first one he's dropped 5 yards to win the first header, hence being off Revell when he scored the header. Apparently Di Canio said he was only 40% fit, if so why leave start him and not Connell?

Rotherham could have had a penalty but if stupid chin hair guy had been less worried about going down (we're the divers right scott?) and made more effort to square the ball they'd have scored. Yes there was contact but fuck me, contact doesnt mean you lose all control of your limbs and fall to the ground. I'd have been livid  if say Ritchie was in that position and didnt manage to square the ball.

Andy Scott, post match  - what fucking game did he watch? I think the only thing he said that was true was the fact Rotherham were poor. Diving and rolling around on the floor? yeah our players went down (19 fouls wasnt it?) he had a go at Caddis who Revell clearly caught (accidently, but contact) it was his own player who crashed into the goal keeper. He also said the physio hadnt been on? Keeper plugged his own nose did he? Good luck the physio wasnt needed more, the knee high, studs in challenge on Kennedy was horrendous and matey boys second yellow could have done damage to Kerrouches ankle to.

Then he went on some rant about the Di Canio show? why? because you're a bitter nobody no one knows or gives a fuck about? Sure, we get more media attention but Rotherham players kicking off on our staff isnt going to help and Andy Scott spending most of his post match interview talking about STFC and Di Canio isnt going to help matters is it?

Well said.
Muffin Man

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:02:33 »

Quite possible the recipient of the softest red card ever - and Scott had the cheek to call our players divers. Two little bits of shoulder to shoulder contact and their player has hit the deck. I'm not sure i'd consider either 'booking'  a foul let alone a booking!

Cant even appeal it.

Rotherham could have had a penalty but if stupid chin hair guy had been less worried about going down (we're the divers right scott?) and made more effort to square the ball they'd have scored. Yes there was contact but fuck me, contact doesnt mean you lose all control of your limbs and fall to the ground. I'd have been livid  if say Ritchie was in that position and didnt manage to square the ball.

Andy Scott, post match  - what fucking game did he watch? I think the only thing he said that was true was the fact Rotherham were poor. Diving and rolling around on the floor? yeah our players went down (19 fouls wasnt it?) he had a go at Caddis who Revell clearly caught (accidently, but contact) it was his own player who crashed into the goal keeper. He also said the physio hadnt been on? Keeper plugged his own nose did he? Good luck the physio wasnt needed more, the knee high, studs in challenge on Kennedy was horrendous and matey boys second yellow could have done damage to Kerrouches ankle to.

Can't argue with any of that, spot on.
Muffin Man

« Reply #431 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:14:53 »

Andy Scott is a fucking ex scummer anyway so I expect nothing less than extremely sour grapes.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:19:26 »

Scott is a grade A prick.

Saying that, the Rotherham fans are pretty decent. Mostly pretty fair evaluation of the game here.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116441827

Particularly like this quote - "out-played, out-thought, out-managed, out-fought, out-jumped."
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:25:32 »

As Chalkies Shorts said a few pages back, felt really pissed off with it all on Wednesday, but now feeling a lot more positive.  When we went 2-1 down it was like Oxford all over again, so delighted to see us turn it around and get the 3 pts.  Pleased for Connell, what a way to get your point across. I thought Ritchie was superb yesterday constantly causing problems.

Clearly there are still problems defensively, we just don't seem able to defend set pieces and this needs sorting asap.  Kennedy seems to be going backwards unfortunately, he's constantly beaten and his distribution is more often than not a hoof ball up field.  It will be interesting to see if Cibbochi starts at LB on Saturday.

All in all, we were well worth the win and hopefully we can push on from this.  It will be good to start seeing a settled team, although I've got a feeling there's going to be a few more games of chopping and changing players.

Risser was on the pitch at the end wearing a suit.  Is he now injured or just not considered good enough to make the squad?  The same for the two wingers, not even on the bench yesterday?  We do seem to have a fair number of players that Di Canio has brought in who he now seemingly doesn't think are good enough, which is all rather strange?

Ref was useless and my dad commented early on that he was going to lose control of it.  We couldn't see why Comazzi had been red carded from the Arkells and having seen it again, what a joke.  Nothing in at all.  Andy Scott has gone right down in my estimation, always thought he was a reasonable bloke, but now he just looks like a poor loser.  Top of the league, you're having a laugh!
Barry Scott

« Reply #434 on: Sunday, September 4, 2011, 09:32:51 »

Oh, meant to say, I was truly annoyed by the ref congratulating Revelle (I may as well spell it how it's now pronounced) and sharing a laugh after he scored the second with the Townend a few minutes previous calling him a cunt. Impartiality you useless cunt, learn about it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: