Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 59389 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:15:18 »

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that was bloody brilliant.  Richie and Kerrouche have stood out, but I think for this level with a new team we couldn't have expected much more.  Could easily be ahead.  Need to get the ball in the box earlier, and Flint's distribution has been poor.  Bit worried about Lanzano but it's early days.  Rotherham haven't really threatened other than the goal.

Rotherham are there for the taking.  If you hadn't seen the table, you wouldn't think it was Rotherham topping it...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:19:11 »

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that was bloody brilliant.  Richie and Kerrouche have stood out, but I think for this level with a new team we couldn't have expected much more.  Could easily be ahead.  Need to get the ball in the box earlier, and Flint's distribution has been poor.  Bit worried about Lanzano but it's early days.  Rotherham haven't really threatened other than the goal.

Rotherham are there for the taking.  If you hadn't seen the table, you wouldn't think it was Rotherham topping it...
i agree, just need to hit the back of the net a couple more times, looks alot beter today, so far....
kerrouche must get another goal today hes looking good.
König

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:19:58 »

the games there to win, rotherham are gash. unfortunately though we cant defend. and kennedys positioning is awful!
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:20:07 »

What a great first half for Swindon, but still only 1-1.

Main issues for Di Canio: We are doing ourselves wrong by applying zonal marking on defensive set pieces in League Two - at least with players not used to it. Most goals against us this season has been from set pieces.

Comazzi and Lanzono both seems a bit shaky and rusty, but I hope they grow on this. Flint is putting a man's shift in - but he has still a lot of learn. The best centre back at the club by a country mile however!

I thought Kerrouche and Magera was lively on top, although the Rotherham defence did well to mark them out. I think we got a great striking partnership on our hands once they get to know each other better.

Rotherham is top of the league and must surely be one of the best teams in this division.

Matt Ritchie is better than this league and it's great that he's in a Swindon-shirt.

Ferry's distribution is ok, but he is a little light weight in the physical league two. I don't fancy McCormack and he showed why in the first half.

Kennedy and Caddis did their best. Caddis is not a Summerbee but he is versitaile

De Vita showed some small positive signs, but is way to light weight for this league - as a few others.

I would love to see Caddis in central midfield, a better wing back on the right side and Gabilondo or Esajas on the left wing instead of De Vita.

Bring on the second half!! COYR!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:20:23 »

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that was bloody brilliant.  Richie and Kerrouche have stood out, but I think for this level with a new team we couldn't have expected much more.  Could easily be ahead.  Need to get the ball in the box earlier, and Flint's distribution has been poor.  Bit worried about Lanzano but it's early days.  Rotherham haven't really threatened other than the goal.

Rotherham are there for the taking.  If you hadn't seen the table, you wouldn't think it was Rotherham topping it...

Agree that it was a good half.  But getting a little tired now of playing well and getting nil points.  Need to be utterly ruthless in the second half.  I'd swap all of PDC's 'passion' for a few points.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:21:27 »

yep that was good stuff

/
W56196272
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:22:17 »

Hmmm, we've mostly been a team who can only manage one good half this season...Hope we can put another good half in.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:22:38 »

Now if PDC can resist telling them all off at half time..Well who knows.

/
W56196272
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:33:17 »

My goodness me... the goal was open!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:34:02 »

My goodness me... the goal was open!

It certainly was Sad
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:34:45 »

should be 2-1
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:35:04 »

Guilt-edge from Ritchie.

Abdullah coming on!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:35:28 »

My gran....

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:36:11 »

Ferry off. Don't think he's done a lot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 12:36:26 »

Hmm would've taken McCormack off over Ferry. Never mind, over to you Ahmed!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: