Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967360 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:24:11 »

As discussed, after Rotherham there is a run of games that will be make or break for Paolo Di Canio and his staff.

I really hope it works out for us.
Muffin Man

« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:28:43 »

He won't walk nor will he get sacked at this stage.
Wray said promotion is the minimum this year, if by march time we are not near the top 7 maybe something will happen then, if not then the end of the season.

This.

WTF would any true Swindon fan want even more turmoil at this stage of the season its fucking madness, PdC has signed up for 2 years, I see him staying for that time and with us improving on the pitch much more, I know not everyone likes him, Spencer, Reg etc etc but surely the club needs no more changes of management in the near future, that will be madness.

Look at the other candidates that some fans wanted ahead of PdC.
Buckle at Wovers, 10th in the league, hugely inconsistant, 1 bad home defeat to Torquay.
Rosler at Brentford, 7th in the league, 3 good wins, 3 bad defeats including 1 at home.
Hamann at Stockport, 11th in the Conference, 2 win all season.

Were they THAT much better candidates than PdC? doesn't look like they were so far does it?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:33:39 »

Yes? What's your point? I've seen enough on the pitch to think that we've got players capable of getting results, that's not changed.

What has changed is my belief that di Canio is able to get the best out of them week in, week out. I'm also starting to think that maybe he lets his heart rule his head too much.

I'm not saying he won't be a success, but I'm starting to have doubts about him.

Opinions change arriba, only a stubborn fucking idiot refuses to adapt their thinking when situations demand it.

My point is that you were condemning other posters a week ago. Now have made a similar post to the ones that grated you last week.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:45:57 »

I'd have been happy to Rosler. He took Brentford on pre-season to Lillestrøm Smiley

I think di Canio is too stubborn to walk away which could either be his saving grace or his downfall.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:50:00 »

Hamann at Stockport, 11th in the Conference, 2 win all season.
Were they THAT much better candidates than PdC? doesn't look like they were so far does it?

Stockport have yet to lose a game.....when Hamann took over, they had 8 players.
Muffin Man

« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:37:36 »

Stockport have yet to lose a game.....when Hamann took over, they had 8 players.

But when PdC took over we couldnt have had many more players, Stockport have only won 1 game where we have won 2 (yes 1 was in the LC) and Stockport are a division lower than us.

I would have expected (!) us to have got better results than them had we played Forest Green, Kettering, Ebbsfleet, Kidderminster and Lincoln, where as we have played against Crewe, Cheltenham, Daggers, Oxford, Shitty and Shrewsbury, a much tougher list of opposition.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 16:40:14 by Muffin Man » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:47:37 »

I don't think you can compare Stockport's situation with Swindon's.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:52:28 »

But when PdC took over we couldnt have had many more players, Stockport have only won 1 game where we have won 2 (yes 1 was in the LC) and Stockport are a division lower than us.

I would have expected (!) us to have got better results than them had we played Forest Green, Kettering, Ebbsfleet, Kidderminster and Lincoln, where as we have played against Crewe, Cheltnumb, Daggers, Poxford, Bristol Shitty and Screwsbury, a much tougher list of opposition.
With all due respect MM, I think you have missed the point.We have lost 4 league games in a row, whereas Stockport have yet to loose.Hamman has had the same task as Di Cannio, namely to assemble a new squad, and to get them to play as a team.The opposition is relative to the league you are in.An unbeaten start to the season suggests Hamman is doing a far better job than Di Cannio of getting his players to gel, and his (Hamman's) circumstances were every bit as challenging as Di Cannios, if not harder.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:57:56 »

My point is that you were condemning other posters a week ago. Now have made a similar post to the ones that grated you last week.

Bollocks. I was talking about the performance against Oxford, not di Canio's man management skills, or tactical nous.

I still think the players are good enough and I still think that if PdC can merge his passion with a bit of logic he'll be successful.

But anyone that doesn't have even a little bit of concern after Shrewsbury isn't the full packet.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:04:04 »

What worries me, if Paolo does walk, who the fuck will we end up with Huh?

If di Canio walks, then it will be no problem, as we'll just have his wage, which is substantial, to recruit another from the carousel. If we're forced to sack him then Zippy will step up.
Coca Fola

« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:44:19 »

God give it time people. At least give him a season.
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:48:14 »

WTF would any true Swindon fan want even more turmoil at this stage of the season its fucking madness, PdC has signed up for 2 years, I see him staying for that time and with us improving on the pitch much more, I know not everyone likes him, Spencer, Reg etc etc but surely the club needs no more changes of management in the near future, that will be madness.

I do like him, and Its not a case of wanting him out.

But I think he gaffed majorly on saturday, looked like the pressure got to him, and if he cant take it then he needs to consider his position. Considering we are L2 he has got some fine players to work with, if their best still isnt good enough, and makes him miserable and angry then he should resign.

He needs to be more constructive in his criticism. He's been allowed to sign loads of players and commit a lot of money to wages. Id say more than any other manager in the last 15 years. This is what youve got to work with Paolo, you need to show your worth now and manage them or fuck off.
Muffin Man

« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:49:00 »

With all due respect MM, I think you have missed the point.We have lost 4 league games in a row, whereas Stockport have yet to loose.Hamman has had the same task as Di Cannio, namely to assemble a new squad, and to get them to play as a team.The opposition is relative to the league you are in.An unbeaten start to the season suggests Hamman is doing a far better job than Di Cannio of getting his players to gel, and his (Hamman's) circumstances were every bit as challenging as Di Cannios, if not harder.

No I fully understand the point Danny, the thing is that I am saying would we have done any better with the managers that WERE linked with us before PdC got the job, personally I don't think we would have done any better, juding by the results they have so far achieved. The candidates were no better than PdC and the results they have got are showing that, IMO.

I think we need to stick with PdC and stop this managerial merry go round that we have had in recent seasons, stop the changing manager just because we have lost a few games and not have a knee jerk reaction to current results by simply removing the manager when I feel we are not far from having a winning side.

Lets face it we arent being thrashed by anyone ATM, they are all close games with 1 goal defeats usually caused by a single individuals error, which is expected at this level because players here will make an error otherwise they would be playing at a far higher level.
Muffin Man

« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:11:58 »

With all due respect MM, I think you have missed the point.We have lost 4 league games in a row, whereas Stockport have yet to loose.

Stockport lost at home today.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:32:14 »

Stockport lost at home today.

Hamann out....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: