Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967958 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8040 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 16:07:57 »

Got Oldham relegated and was sacked.
Great season with us.
Started off poorly with us and left.
Did poorly at Salford and was sacked.
Did poorly at Doncaster and was sacked.

Nothing to do with person grudges. Never ever even met the bloke.

The good season with us is the anomaly.
Facts are there and clear to see.

So disregard everything I said and state it as fact - good work Rafa..

He had two years with us, played good entertaining football, won a title - that is not lucky, maybe overperforming based on his performance at other clubs, but not lucky - and to be honest, i only care about what he did at our club..

Maybe Hoddle was lucky, he was only here for 2 years, got a promotion and did nothing anywhere else, but that would mean not taking into account any other points that others have raised..

Can't be arsed..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8041 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 16:32:21 »

He had two years with us, played good entertaining football, won a title - that is not lucky, maybe overperforming based on his performance at other clubs, but not lucky - and to be honest, i only care about what he did at our club..

Maybe Hoddle was lucky, he was only here for 2 years, got a promotion and did nothing anywhere else, but that would mean not taking into account any other points that others have raised..

Can't be arsed..

FWIW I agree with you, 100%.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #8042 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 17:21:47 »

Some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.  The man had it tough at Donny from the start.
Seeing we could sign Louis Reed (who was on trial with them) when we had bad problems this summer and they couldn't, shows how much issues they have behind the scenes.
And then Bogle, they couldn't even give him away. Had to sign one free bloke and loans.

(what did they do with the Whiteman and Marquis millions)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8043 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 17:39:28 »

Some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.  The man had it tough at Donny from the start.
Seeing we could sign Louis Reed (who was on trial with them) when we had bad problems this summer and they couldn't, shows how much issues they have behind the scenes.
And then Bogle, they couldn't even give him away. Had to sign one free bloke and loans.

(what did they do with the Whiteman and Marquis millions)
Not sure you can count 11 new signings plus 5 loans as having problems signing players.

In the Summer he signed Knoyle, Olowu, Shaun Williams, Close, Rowe, Bostock, Barlow, Hiwula, Ed Williams, Dodou, Gardner  as well as Dahlberg, Smitth, Galbraith, Vilca, Cukur on loan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8044 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 20:46:09 »

Can't be arsed..

Hoddle went on to manage in the top flight getting respectable finishes with Chelsea, Spurs & Southampton.

…oh and he managed the national team and only lost his position due to non footballing reasons.

Not quite the same as getting sacked by Salford in L2 and Doncaster in L1 is it?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8045 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 12:58:53 »

Hoddle went on to manage in the top flight getting respectable finishes with Chelsea, Spurs & Southampton.

…oh and he managed the national team and only lost his position due to non footballing reasons.

Not quite the same as getting sacked by Salford in L2 and Doncaster in L1 is it?

Irony doesn't get lost on you does it, great point you make..  I'll do my homework next time, I had no clue..

It's almost like I didn't read and take into account any of the points that you made in your post..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8046 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 20:19:31 »

Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #8047 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 21:18:30 »

Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich
I hope the new manager won't recall Simpson.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8048 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 08:16:32 »

I hope the new manager won't recall Simpson.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Yep, would hope that’s unlikely looking at some of their forward options, arguably an embarrassment of riches for League 1:

Joe Pigott
Macauley Bonne (on loan)
Louie Barry (on loan)
Jayden Jackson
Sone Aluko
James Norwood (rumoured to be out of favour under Cook but new manager may like him)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #8049 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 12:00:52 »

This is an interesting read:

http://awayonsaturday.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-pathetic-reign-of-richie-wellens-at.html

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8050 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 12:04:07 »

Good find, I thought I was reading about John Sheriden😀

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8051 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 12:15:16 »

Christ, that was a long rant. Manager doesn’t work out at club. Get over it!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8052 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 11:08:39 »

McGreal lands Ipswich job, temporarily at least!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8053 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 11:09:46 »

Christ, that was a long rant. Manager doesn’t work out at club. Get over it!

I think we possibly lost the moral high ground on such matters when we had about 20 threads either about the guy, or being derailed onto what sort of manager he was since he left.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8054 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 09:18:38 »

Ryan Lowe off to Preston
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: