Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967462 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #990 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 09:36:29 »

It's not as though he's competing for a call-up to the Brazil squad now, is it? Can't see how he can be compared with Austin either as getting into the England squad is a much greater challenge.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 12:35:04 »

Blackpool approach Franchise for Robinson. I'd expect Winkleman to knock them back.

Franchise Football Company has released the following statement in response to speculation linking manager Karl Robinson to Blackpool.
“It comes as no surprise that Karl’s name is once again touted for one of the top managerial positions in the Championship as his bold and stylish brand of football has invited plenty of talk in the industry.

“Since being appointed at stadiummk as the youngest manager in the Football League, Karl has guided the business to back-to-back play-off campaigns, broken a number of business records and only yesterday he created history by leading our business into the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time.

“Karl is an ambitious, bright young manager and he is firmly focused on realising Franchise’ dream of conducting business in the Championship.

“Following discussions between Karl and the Franchisee, the company have turned down an approach from Blackpool to speak to Karl regarding the managerial vacancy at Bloomfield Road.

“Karl remains committed to the players, staff and, most importantly, the paying customers of Franchise, and will be looking to take the business from strength to strength by continuing to write new pages in its very short and checkered history book.”

The company will not comment further on this matter.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 12:47:30 »

broken a number of Club records and only yesterday he created history by leading our Club into the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time.

thats not hard considering they've been a blight on football since 04
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 12:57:59 »

" Stockport sack Jim Gannon following defeat to Mansfield" Gannon has been around for years and seems a good bloke, hope he gets a new club back in the football league.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:05:04 »

Since being appointed at stadiummk as the youngest manager in the Football League, Karl has guided our side to back-to-back play-off campaigns, broken a number of Club records and only yesterday he created history by leading our Club into the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time.

thats not hard considering they've been a blight on football since 04

Must admit, my first reaction on reading that was - fair play, at least they seem now to have given up pretending they're anything to do with Wimbledon.  They just need to drop the 'Dons' from their name now.
Flashheart

« Reply #995 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:08:36 »

They just need to drop the 'Dons' from their name now.

.....and voluntarily drop down to non-league to start from the start like every other club.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:11:05 »

Of course!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:17:08 »

Does the club officially refer to to itself as Franchise, or has Dave Bamber's Sock been fiddling with the transcript?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:19:33 »

All right thinking people refer to them as Franchise FC.  So no, they don't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 13:42:28 »

Does the club officially refer to to itself as Franchise, or has Dave Bamber's Sock been fiddling with the transcript?

Try typing MK Dóns in reply to this - e.g. Franchise Wink

Autocorrect, does what it says on the tin!
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 15:04:04 »

Who? Me?  Cheesy I Would never dream of doing anything like that.  Eek
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 15:30:03 »

That may have sounded like a daft question now I come to look at it with caffeine in my system, thankyou for the sensible answers.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 20:51:07 »

.....and voluntarily drop down to non-league to start from the start like every other club.

Out of interest... if they did this, would they be forgiven?  Or are they beyond redemption?  What do people think?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 20:56:11 »

Bit late now, but if Wankleman also walked then it might be a bit pointless for non-AFC to continue the feud
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 21:51:18 »

Out of interest... if they did this, would they be forgiven?  Or are they beyond redemption?  What do people think?

Beyond.

And the football authorities for allowing it to happen in the first place. And for continuing to act beyond reason by allowing Franchise to put forward their stadium as a potential World Cup venue. Shameful.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: