Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1970340 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 18:49:44 »

Owen Coyle being the obvious exception
Smiley

I assume you purposely missed out the bloke who managed Aberdeen in the 80's. He's done alright.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 18:53:38 »

Yea i suppose he did ok.

Lets just say the last 5 or 10 years then, although Mowbray has done ok as well so my statement is falling apart at the seams anyway!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 19:52:17 »

Can I offer Craig Levein to help you out, Abra?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 19:53:08 »

alan irvine didn't do owt either

Things get better but they never get good
jb

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 20:51:57 »

Smiley

I assume you purposely missed out the bloke who managed Aberdeen in the 80's. He's done alright.

+ Paul Lambert
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2011, 22:10:54 »

Going back to Scummer/Slave Trader McLaren being a cock...I love this clip where he thinks he's Dutch  Cool

westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 06:57:15 »

Well I for one am glad McClaren has done one, never wanted him in the first place, and whatever you may think of Billy Davies, he was doing a half decent job for us at Forest.

The good news is we've managed to get rid of the chairman, albeit he owns the club, but if you believe the stories in the press then we're finally up for sale after 12 years of abject failure, so as soon as he sells up and takes his slimy CEO with him then finally things might just change for the better at Forest!

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 12:42:02 »

Should have kept Calderwood Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 16:00:47 »

Should have kept Calderwood Cheesy

Forest fans could moan for Britain....you think our lot are bad becasue they get on the backs of local lads after about 10 mins.  In 78, I happened to be in Nottingham for the last game of the season, when Forest were presented with the League title....it was a dour 0-0 game v Brum...I was totally gobsmacked by the abuse flying the way of McGovern and O'Hare...fuck sake you've just won the league.

westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, October 7, 2011, 07:07:19 »

Forest fans could moan for Britain....you think our lot are bad becasue they get on the backs of local lads after about 10 mins.  In 78, I happened to be in Nottingham for the last game of the season, when Forest were presented with the League title....it was a dour 0-0 game v Brum...I was totally gobsmacked by the abuse flying the way of McGovern and O'Hare...fuck sake you've just won the league.

I can't comment on the O'Hare situation, but whilst I was only born in 1977 a lot of the older Forest fans I speak to certainly say that there was a mindless minority that got on McGovern's back quite a lot.  I think it just boils down to the sort of player McGovern was, he was the anchorman in midfield, the player that "got the ball and passed it somebody better than him in the same coloured shirt", to paraphrase Clough.

That certainly was his job, unfortunately there's a myth in football that as soon as you get the ball you pass it forwards, which is not what the role of a defensive midfielder is.  Still, I bet many of those were eating their words in 1979 and 1980 when he lifted a certain trophy twice!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, October 7, 2011, 07:56:34 »

I've just seen the odds for the Forest managers job.

I know odds don't always reflect any 'inside knowledge' but I hope for your sake that Keane and Thingamejig (Pemberton) and Paul Hart are just bookies making the ex-Forest link!
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, October 7, 2011, 10:27:27 »

I've just seen the odds for the Forest managers job.

I know odds don't always reflect any 'inside knowledge' but I hope for your sake that Keane and Thingamejig (Pemberton) and Paul Hart are just bookies making the ex-Forest link!

It is a tad worrying, however, our local rag has said Hart isn't coming (he was only going to be a technical director anyway), and an Irish paper has said Keane won't go to a club with no money or ambition, so that rules us out, and as for Pemberton, he was briefly our reserve coach and stepped in as caretaker in December 2008 when Calderwood got sacked and before Billy stepped in, and other than the fact he got us a 3-2 win at Norwich and a 3-0 win at Man City in the FA Cup, I can't really say I want him either.

The problem is nobody stands out, the fans with an ounce of sense want Billy (as do the players as a couple of our senior squad have approached our local BBC station and said so), and the fans with no sense of realism want O'Neill or Pearce.

Personally, I'd take a gamble on Lee Clark at Huddersfield, knows the lower leagues and whilst not getting Huddersfield up yet seems very highly rated, only stepping stone is that we now can't afford him!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 18:07:11 »

See Shitty have gone for the Scot McInnes....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15323776.stm

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 18:40:28 »

Interesting....A few years managing at St J but that's all. Could be good, but hope he's a Malpas.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 19:52:29 »

Happy with that appointment
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: