Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wurzels v STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36329 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:12:40 »

If Connell's injured then the decision is simplified...although De Vita scoring is a tricky one, was a good header but I really didn't think he stood out beyond that.

Was Connell injured or was it tactical. Anyone know?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:14:08 »

Was Connell injured or was it tactical. Anyone know?
Injured.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:16:11 »

Injured.

bum

Coca Fola

« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:17:03 »

Just got back. Fantastic night, and a well deserved victory. Credit to our fans too, great turnout. Looking forward to Sat, hopefully tonight has kick started our season.  Pint
fatbasher

« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:31:04 »

I stand by my previous posts of we're not that far away and tonight we were awsome. Ace turnout though no away attendance was broadcast but I estimate 1500 town fans.

Difficult to pick a motm but I chose Phil Smith. The new striker will bed in and turn out to be an inspired piece of dealing. Gabilondo very skilful, ah fcuk it, they were all hero's. Di Canio's tribute to both his players and the town fans at the end was from the heart and he, they and us earned it.

Roll  on the Shrews.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:35:35 »

I really couldnt imagine paul fucking hart having the passion that PDC had pointing to the players when we were singing his name and then point to us and mouthing thankyou pointing us all out.  Brilliant match, excellent performance.  Rarely troubled in defence and exciting and inventive going forward.  Lacked a bit of cutting edge but its coming.

Stars to a man.  Jedward edging man of the match for me.  Bundle of energy that boy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:36:08 »

That was fucking awesome. Totally controlled the game, outplayed them, we were much fitter and sharper than them and should've won by more.

Aden Flint never put a foot wrong again and is becoming a star and Caddis was great, my man of the match.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:38:49 »

Just got back after a pint in shirehampton and a babo in nam.

This is up here with saints away two seasons ago!

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:53:31 »

Just got back. This doesn't make up for Sunday but it tastes very sweet indeed. If you were a neutral you'd have said we were the Championship team. We should have had this game put to bed by half time. No bad performances today. Devera looked a bit better thankfully. DeVita has something different about him. I don't think he's the useless twat most think. Gabilondo could be a real find albeit a one footed find.
A good night tonight. Good support for Town and the City fans ( those that turned up 0 were pathetic.
Good reactions from PdC at the end.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:58:30 »

FOOKIN ACE....great performance,Flint was superb and must say was chuffed that De Vita scored....got a bit of shit recently and maybe rightly so but he took his goal luverly...midfield played well and the lad Smith we got from York looks an exiting prospect,support was immense.

Big thanks for Dosno for driving us there,and DRS was on top form  Cheesy Cheesy

I have said it all season that this Paolo is the man and its only a matter of time before we click,tonight was a good stepping stone.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 23:02:30 by leefer » Logged
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 22:59:14 »

I stand by my previous posts of we're not that far away and tonight we were awsome. Ace turnout though no away attendance was broadcast but I estimate 1500 town fans.

1400 and something, I was told.

digby

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 23:32:43 »

Brilliant performance tonight - can't fault it ! We totally outplayed Shitty and dominated the game - in the first half there was only one team in it !

The defence looked solid and again, Flint was immense. Ferry was everywhere and Ritchie and the new Spanish winger were a constant threatening force out wide. The strikers
worked hard and got into good positions, but were guilty of wasting some of the great chances created for them.

I believe the key to our success was the way we closed them down so quickly and fiercely - they had no room or time to think let alone play !!

The support from the fans was brilliant and totally drowned out the subdued Shitty support.

The players and PDC really seemed to enjoy the support and came over at the end to celebrate - think this is a taste of things to come !!”
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 23:41:45 »

Can't really add anything to what's already been said, we were fantastic.

Moment of the day... City fans responding to David James' save from Matt Ritchie with "You couldn't score in a brothel", only to see the ball come straight back at them and end up in the back of the net seconds later.

"Score in a brothel, we couldn't score in a brothel..." Cheesy

Fantastic support tonight in both numbers and volume!
Barry Scott

« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 23:46:14 »

I just watched that video of Paolo and the players coming over to the fans. It's this that will get fans coming back, because it makes you really want to be involved.

His attention to fans is clearly from his point of view as a fan. I wished I'd gone, but seeing him appreciate his players and making them show respect to us is superb and made me regret not going even more. He's going to really endear himself to the fans and make fans want to become more involved, especially if we're winning.

[STFC_GAZZA ENTHUSIASM] I know it's only one game, or 2 perhaps, but as I said some time back, I think Paolo's reign will become legend.[/STFC_GAZZA ENTHUSIASM]
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 00:20:22 »

Apart from the 2nd half of the 1st half (when we didn't do much) we absolutely battered them. Ritchie, Ferry and Gabilondo were immense. We didn't look like a League 2 team, City had near enough their strongest squad out and we dominated the game for large parts and played them off the park. Then at the end with Di Canio and the players, made me feel so proud to be a town fan, just a great night all round.

Nights like these make me remember why I first fell in love with football. Just brilliant.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 00:22:54 by mrverve » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: