Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 134566 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 12:37:01 »

Taking part in an online virtual cheese tasting this weekend. A local deli sorts 10-12 cheeses to try and live streams the whole thing. Picking my bag up on Saturday.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 12:39:57 »

Just bought a cheese making kit off Amazon so going to be trying out making some in the next few weeks, think its going to be a Mozzarella first, supposed to be the easiest.
Flashheart

« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 12:07:51 »

I have just discovered paneer.

Paneer masala, to be precise.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2020, 12:17:55 »

Lush. I got into it in the early 00’s when working for an Asian family in the smoke. Often got fed before coming back home and paneer was a regular dish in various guises. Still get the odd phone call all these years later. Must drop in and say hello.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:28:04 »

In  my vegetarian days i scoffed paneer like it was no tomorrow. Sometimes i'd just try some off in a few spices and eat it as a snack. So good
Flashheart

« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 08:38:25 »

I discovered it in my hunt for veggie food I can eat. The hunt is not going well - I fucking hate most vegetables and I need stuff where the flavour is completely hidden.

The paneer masala hit the spot, though.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:56:28 »

I discovered it in my hunt for veggie food I can eat. The hunt is not going well - I fucking hate most vegetables and I need stuff where the flavour is completely hidden.

The paneer masala hit the spot, though.

It’s gonna be an uphill battle trying to be vegetarian when you “fucking hate most vegetables”.  I’ll eat most things and I love meat, but my wife is a confirmed vegetarian (although even she cheats by eating eggs and has been known to have some bacon, ffs).  In the interests of marital harmony, I have found that most curry dishes taste just as good without meat - my advice as a hanger-on to a vegetarian is to avoid anything that pretends to look like or taste like meat.  Mostly it tastes like shit, and the meals are far better without it.  As a starter try Tesco Vegetable Tikka Masala - whilst other supermarkets are available, this is to my mind pretty damn good!  Others may have their own preferences.
 Eat
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 14:21:12 »

It’s gonna be an uphill battle trying to be vegetarian when you “fucking hate most vegetables”.  I’ll eat most things and I love meat, but my wife is a confirmed vegetarian (although even she cheats by eating eggs and has been known to have some bacon, ffs).  In the interests of marital harmony, I have found that most curry dishes taste just as good without meat - my advice as a hanger-on to a vegetarian is to avoid anything that pretends to look like or taste like meat.  Mostly it tastes like shit, and the meals are far better without it.  As a starter try Tesco Vegetable Tikka Masala - whilst other supermarkets are available, this is to my mind pretty damn good!  Others may have their own preferences.
 Eat

I see this a lot but how do people come to the conclusion that eggs are NOT suitable for vegetarians?
Eggs are a staple of most vegetarian diets.   
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 14:53:03 »

I see this a lot but how do people come to the conclusion that eggs are NOT suitable for vegetarians?
Eggs are a staple of most vegetarian diets.   
Eggs are vegetarian but not vegan. Think Geoff was confusing the two. Although he is correct that someone who eats bacon isn't vegetarian under any definition Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 15:16:59 »

Eggs are vegetarian but not vegan. Think Geoff was confusing the two. Although he is correct that someone who eats bacon isn't vegetarian under any definition Smiley
I'm not singling Geoff out here, but i do genuinely believe people who understand the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan still think eggs are NOT suitable for Vegetarians.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 15:49:33 »

Oh, fuck it!  I’m just going to carry on eating my meat (and eggs!). 
My point was that my wife teeters on the edge of vegetarianism, but that in any case I don’t mind not having meat in my food every time!
Let’s get on with our lives. Cheese
Cheers, all!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 16:00:41 »

i do genuinely believe people who understand the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan still think eggs are NOT suitable for Vegetarians.
In which case they don't understand the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan. They may know there is a difference but they don't understand it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 16:01:12 »

Oh, fuck it!  I’m just going to carry on eating my meat (and eggs!). 
My point was that my wife teeters on the edge of vegetarianism, but that in any case I don’t mind not having meat in my food every time!
Let’s get on with our lives. Cheese
Cheers, all!
Lives? This is the TEF Geoff, you've come to the wrong place Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 18:07:30 »

I seem to recall from home ec that you can be, amongst other things, a lacto-ovo vegetarian, lacto vegetarian or an ovo vegetarian. A lacto vegetarian will consume milk but not eggs.  They are not vegan.

Nothing to see here
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 18:40:08 »

I seem to recall from home ec that you can be, amongst other things, a lacto-ovo vegetarian, lacto vegetarian or an ovo vegetarian. A lacto vegetarian will consume milk but not eggs.  They are not vegan.
OMG what have I started?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: