Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Town XI Of All Time?  (Read 18770 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:27:14 »

Hammond
Dryden
Tuomela
Drysdale
Cobian
Holcroft
Bakalli
Prutton
Paul Hunt
Close
Hamon

Last 15 years or so.

Some proper gash there

Now this is a truly awful XI, I'd pay good money to see this bunch of muppets play together.... savouring the true awfulness with every passing minute...
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:28:17 »

There's a few harsh ones in there...  I always thought Nicholau looked like he had potential.  Wonder where he is now....

O'Brien wasn't that bad surely?!  Certainly not a qualifier for worst team ever!

For me, only including players that have played a few games:
Mildenhall
Casal
Viveash
Heywood
Drysdale
Shakes
Pook
Hewlett
Ben Hutchinson
Thorpe
Cureton

Avoided loanees but Hutchinson was truly fucking dire.

Mildenhall might be a bit harsh but I never forgave him for breaking his own arm against the post....

Thorpe and Cureton on their own may not be too shocking, but together they were depressingly bad, especially given the reputations they arrived with.

Heywood, Pook and Hewlett made me want to kill myself.  They were that bad.  Worse, in fact.

Heywood was a fixsture of our back four at the time Hewlett had many a game where he was an unsung hero...very harsh in my opinion.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:29:54 »

I genuinely think that most people on here are better than Alan O'Brien. He can run, that's it. Can't control a ball, no strength, can't shoot, can't head, no positional sense, not a talker. He is quite possibly the worst player I've seen for us.

Agree, as mentioned on the AOB thread, he had no footballing ability whatsoever. Should definitely be in the XI.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:31:01 »

Now this is a truly awful XI, I'd pay good money to see this bunch of muppets play together.... savouring the true awfulness with every passing minute...

They might even win a fucking game Wink
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:31:55 »

Eric Sabin, and Dossevi for the front two ?
Coca Fola

« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:33:28 »

Eric Sabin, and Dossevi for the front two ?
Pericard is worse than Dossevi.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:34:22 »

Ive been watching since 2007/8 season, so not much of an experience, but here goes:

kanyuka
aljofree
blackburn
casal

pook
adams
allen
o'brien

hutchinson
dossevi

cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:36:34 »

Avoiding loanees I'd select:

Glass
Casal
Ruddock
Comyn-Platt
Drysdale
Sabin
Ince (the version that played for us)
Whalley
Shakes
Martin Williams
Dossevi

On the subject of loanees we've had some poor ones - as well as those already mentioned what about Stevenson, Jarrett & McCammon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:38:20 »

@peacocksluckycoat.

Yeah that lot will get hammered with no keeper Wink
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:47:38 »

No ones thought to put Joey Beac*nt in? Would back any worst XI involving Jason Drysdale! what an awful awful player.

Hewlett would only make the bench he's not shit enough to start. Bart would be a certainty in goal for me, Talia was a twat but a solid keeper.

I'd have Thorpe up front, fucking shit wanker.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 20:47:55 »

For left side of midfield Tom Jenkins.He was bought from Southampton to replace Don Rogers when we sold him.He was absolutely crap.My abiding memory of him was his ability to get the ball,run diagonally across the pitch with it, then wind up taking the ball back to where he started in the first place.To think we actually paid good money for him!
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 21:07:17 »

@peacocksluckycoat.

Yeah that lot will get hammered with no keeper Wink

Ive only seen 3 keepers in my time at town, brez, smith and lucas. if i had to pick one it would be phil, but i just felt too cruel.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 21:12:46 »

Hammond had one of the best games ever by a Town keeper at West Ham when we won 1-0 completely against the run of play - so is forgiven some shocking performances - Posh away anyone?

And at home to Barnsley, same season.  Magnificent that day, best performance I've ever seen from a keeper.

Hammond should not be on this list.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 21:22:37 »

Some glaring omissions there methinks:
Keeper: Jimmy Glass was mentioned earlier. Don't recall any consistently worse keeper
Defence: What about Rambo? So bad that he was a cult hero!
Midfield: David Geddis must get an honourable mention surely? Class when he was at Ipswich, but 100 years later when he played for us he was slightly past his sell by date!
Striker: Frank McAvennie - Same as Geddis. Also, have we forgotten Jamie Slabber?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 21:22:56 »

In spite of those two performances where I agree he was excellent, he was so fucking piss poor the rest of the time Hammond most definitely has to be on the list.

And I've never forgiven him for Peterborough away and don't suppose I ever will.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: