Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pericard  (Read 13075 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:12:53 »

Why?

In my youth i used to play Sunday League. One particular season we had a real ggod team and if i'm honest i was never that special upfront but i could run and never gave up. In our good seasons i scored a lot of goals, most of which seemed to just happen, full of confidence right place right time etc. When we got promoted into a much more competive league we were outclassed all over the pitch and i struggled badly. My game changed and i stopped chasing every ball as i knew it was little point.

I know Pericard is a proffessional but I relate to him just the same. If we had a blinding season last year I have no doubt that Vince would have bagged a shit load of goals.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:16:37 »

I think he may be agent Darren looking for his next bit of business..

Cool, I'll upload a youtube video and create some Wiki stats for the morning. Just got to make up some foreign sounding club names I've played for now. Sporting Stigtomta, Racing Club Salta, that sort of thing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:19:29 »

I know Pericard is a proffessional but I relate to him just the same. If we had a blinding season last year I have no doubt that Vince would have bagged a shit load of goals.

Aaaagh I see. He's scored 23 goals between 1999-2011. I can't see it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:32:43 »

And yet he was still shit at the back end of the season when we were flying. Your comments are definitely valid and make sense, but I'm afraid its just more glossing over the pericard situation.

There's a reason his career has steadily declined from juventus to the likes of stoke and then to us and still seems to be declining. This is also why the 'nice guy, tried hard but a bit shit' image doesn't wash with me, it seems to be the exact opposite as there's got to be something in there somewhere for him to be at the clubs he's previously been.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 20:43:38 »

And yet he was still shit at the back end of the season when we were flying. Your comments are definitely valid and make sense, but I'm afraid its just more glossing over the pericard situation.

There's a reason his career has steadily declined from juventus to the likes of stoke and then to us and still seems to be declining. This is also why the 'nice guy, tried hard but a bit shit' image doesn't wash with me, it seems to be the exact opposite as there's got to be something in there somewhere for him to be at the clubs he's previously been.

No one on here has called him a nice guy,just a few who reckon(myself incuded)that he was not used in his proper position..some players can adapt,sadly for him and us he couldn't.
Get the ball in advanced positions,cross a decent ball and tell him to get his head to the ball.
Not standing on the halfway line trying to link in players,holding the ball up for the likes of Duggie bombing forward to help him Cheesy
That said his style of football hardly endeared himself to fans of a struggling team,he often looked lazy...some would/do say was lazy.
Could do a job lge 2 Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 21:20:53 »

Quote from: leefer link=topic=44642.msg983294#msg983294 date=131240s1808
Yes/come winger. Cheesy
[/quotrre]

Stockton and codford res top goalscorer....circa early nineties

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 21:22:56 »

Heard a few people say he was one of the most approachable players last season. He did talk to the fans and he did care what they thought, so I believe him when he says the abuse affected him.

If he had just scored that header against Charlton things could have been different.

Anyway, I think his career is pretty much ruined now. Just so slow.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 21:28:57 »

big fan of VP
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 22:34:09 »

I've played upfront at a very poor level - certainly no target man.

The less I saw of the ball - the more chasing down the defenders I did. Sometimes pointless, sometimes not...

I'll never be the best at football but I'll try the hardest. I can be accused of many things, lack of effort will never be one of them...
jb

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 23:07:55 »

Cool, I'll upload a youtube video and create some Wiki stats for the morning. Just got to make up some foreign sounding club names I've played for now. Sporting Stigtomta, Racing Club Salta, that sort of thing.

Be sure that the Algerian Wiki police aren't monitoring your every move, he may tamper with your stats.
Barry Scott

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 08:46:32 »

Be sure that the Algerian Wiki police aren't monitoring your every move, he may tamper with your stats.

Since his posting I've been meaning to go and sky rocket all his goals.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 11:02:58 »

Since his posting I've been meaning to go and sky rocket all his goals.

Haha lets do it. I reckon put a few appearances for Barcelona in there too.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 11:09:58 »

Big vince got stick for lack of effort, but alot of the time he would have been chasing lost causes.In his defence he was often isolated up top. When you are alone up front you can't chase every ball as you'd be fucked after a while. Alot of those booing couldn't see that due to their cluelessness about the game. That said, that doesn't excuse his dire touch and woeful finishing.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 12:01:39 »

Now if Vince was a front man like this guy...

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-fc/stags_walk_off_after_three_players_hospitalised_in_friendly_at_ilkeston_1_3643720

Bit old at 36 though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 16:10:12 »

Fair play to vince.

It seems he forged out a career as a wrestler before becoming a "footballer"

[url width=768 height=1024]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/a5617ee0.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: