Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 8420 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:13:57 »

Is there anyone else watching this (or infact any cyclists on here)?

Its been a top tour so far... certain amusing irony today - after Murdoch has thrown so much cash at that Team Sky they win their first ever stage and gets no publicity due to the scandal at NOTW.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:26:14 »

Is there anyone else watching this (or infact any cyclists on here)?

Its been a top tour so far... certain amusing irony today - after Murdoch has thrown so much cash at that Team Sky they win their first ever stage and gets no publicity due to the scandal at NOTW.

Bicycle

Fucking love it......I'll watch a whole stage if I've got a chance.

Done a bit of cycling in France....cycled up the Mur de Bretagne, which was a finish the other day, and around the bocage, through which today's stage ran.

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:29:04 »

Yes, I'm watching too, been very interesting so far...... I'm not a cyclist but have a friend who rides for Team Primal Europe, he got me hooked into it!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:48:06 »

Ive been watching the ITV coverage,I love it and the coverage works just right for my work hours.If im honest i dont fully understand how they work out the timing/placings but its just engrossing, I dont know why.I always think about buying a road bike this time of year but my fat gut and achey back make me decide against..

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:50:57 »

I love the aerial photography. Mont St Michel today and the St Nazaire bridge a couple of days ago were particularly impressive.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 19:56:21 »

I dont know why.I always think about buying a road bike this time of year but my fat gut and achey back make me decide against..

Go for it, I bought one a few years back having mountain biked and it was a revelation its so fast! Did the coast to coast a month back really enjoyed it!!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 20:31:20 »

Been watching the Tour regularly for years.
Really enjoy the ITV4 format, a good mix.

Happy for team Sky today, hopeful for another Cav win tomorrow & looking forward to the mountains next week. Hope that Bradley can stick in there and get a top 3 in the GC.

Did anyone watch the Halfords Tour Series a few weeks back, one of the few good things about living here is the fact that we get a Tour Series event.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 20:52:23 »

Been watching the Tour regularly for years.
Really enjoy the ITV4 format, a good mix.

Happy for team Sky today, hopeful for another Cav win tomorrow & looking forward to the mountains next week. Hope that Bradley can stick in there and get a top 3 in the GC.

Did anyone watch the Halfords Tour Series a few weeks back, one of the few good things about living here is the fact that we get a Tour Series event.

Watched the Tour Series since it started and went to the one in Blackpool a few years back - was some good racing and got some freebies which is never a bad thing - which round do you get to - am I being dim - is the Posh bit a Peterborough Ref!

Would be nice to see Thomas win a stage and Cav a few more, each time I hear from the bloke I think he's actually quite a decent bloke.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 21:49:07 »

Yes - Loving it. Looking forward to the mountains - lets hope Schleck can capitalise on Cuntador's recent bad luck. Having said that he looked unbeatable in the Giro.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 22:10:27 »

Go for it, I bought one a few years back having mountain biked and it was a revelation its so fast!

I'm a recent convert to road bikes after only every owning mountain bikes.  They're so light and quick it's unreal.  I even enjoy climbing hills which I would actively have avoided on my mtb only a few months back. 

For anyone considering getting one, just do it. 
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 22:10:47 »

Did i hear a few weeks ago that Cavendish has pretty much agreed a deal with Sky for next season?

I know they are throwing the cash around but they are certainly climbing the ranks of the sport bloody quickly.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 22:29:15 »

I'm a recent convert to road bikes after only every owning mountain bikes.  They're so light and quick it's unreal.  I even enjoy climbing hills which I would actively have avoided on my mtb only a few months back. 

For anyone considering getting one, just do it. 

I'll second this - I borrowed my brother in law's road bike a few years back to do a triathlon having not ridden one since my teens and mainly been on mountain bikes forthe last 20 years. It blew me away and I enjoyed it so much I bought my own. Being on the south coast it is very popular and as the DP once you get a certain level of fitness you actively seek out hills.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 22:57:53 »

Watched the Tour Series since it started and went to the one in Blackpool a few years back - was some good racing and got some freebies which is never a bad thing - which round do you get to - am I being dim - is the Posh bit a Peterborough Ref!

Yep, I've been into town to watch the Peterborough round for the last three years.

Have to say they make it a very good night.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 05:43:43 »

It has indeed been a fantastic Tour so far. Contador at such a deficit so early on has made it interesting, still think he'll cruise it though.

Spent a week in Brittany recently, near Dinan in fact, and it is a truly beautiful part of the world.

As for Cavendish to Team Sky... could have legs, HTC are pulling their sponsorship of Highroad at the end of this year. But they (Team Sky) would have to abandon their much-publicised GC ambitions entirely to accomodate Cav into the team.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 8, 2011, 21:44:12 »

Nightmare day for Sky, really bad luck for Wiggins. With Geraint and Boasson Hagen down on 3.18, there's no real plan b either... just stage wins to go for.

Cav recreating his 2008 celebration today was the highlight of an otherwise forgettable day for the Brits.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: