Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents  (Read 11631 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:12:01 »

Can we clear this up.........

People keep saying the same agent is effectively running all our transfer activity, something that I just don't see at all.

OK it would seem he introduced us to Smith, Devera and Knight but what about the others?

Comazzi. Did these agents really have something to do with him? Comazzi says he's known Di Canio for 10 years
Goalie.... Again, same thing.
Brazilian chappie.... That he didn't sign is not the point. Are these agents superhuman in that they have players in every league?
De Vita.... I'm led to believe these agents had fuck all to do with him.
What about these other two trialists from obscure leagues?

Do we really think Di Canio and his assistant won't have their own contacts.
Do we really think we won't use other agents in other countries?
Do we really think we won't use other agents in this country?
Do we really think everybody at STFC is blind to all other players without an agent?
Is our scouting system completely defunct?
How do we know agent Darren hasn't recommended other players that we've refused?

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that some people are jumping to a false assumption/lie time and time again to feed their own quest for negativity.

It'd be nice if we could nip this one in the bud.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:19:16 »

It's all a conspiracy! Ricky Hunt is actually still running the club and Andy King is using Di Canio as his puppet.

But seriously it's really disheartening to keep having to read the same things from people, Darren obviously has a bit of a mouth on him, he's an agent it's his job, I agree with literally everything you've put here, he has helped us bring in a couple players but I really doubt he's had a hand in any of the italian players or the 2 triallists he would have made more of a thing about it like he did with Knight.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:20:13 »

He did recomend the 3 trialists though  Cheesy

But i do see your point,every club has scouts and agents they work closer to we are no different.Like i said no one moaned when they obviously recomended Smith and devera as they are players fans like the sound of but now they have offered leon knight they are big meanies haha.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:24:40 »

He did recomend the 3 trialists though  Cheesy

Wasn't sure about them.

But Commazzi himself says that he has known Di Canio for 10 years, yet people still seem to think all of our transfers are done through agents?

Does that make sense?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:31:03 »

I see what your saying BR, I think most people are thinking what with Ken Ryder going and with perhaps the new coaching teams limited knowledge of the English lower league that only leaves that Agent, I did see on twitter that he picked the ghanian trialist up from the airport so I guess that confirms he is one of his.
Although for all we know Bodin and whatever scouting network we have left have made a few recommendations
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:34:45 »

Granted
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:41:20 »

What we need to remember aswell is that the likelyhood of us being able to actually make permanant signings through dicanio's contacts are very slim. Once the top teams are back traing they can assess who they are going to be loaning out etc.

I wouldn't rule out 1 or 2 season long loan deals which people seem to be forgetting either. If we take these 3 trialists on that will be 8 signings so i don't think that's being as slow as some are making out
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 10:43:44 »

The Italian pre-season doesn't start for nearly 2 weeks.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:07:39 »

This Phil Spencer guy has a lot more influence here than an agent really should have - it has to be a concern.

Furthermore, with Kenneth Ryder gone I would have to assume that all opposition scouting and assessment will now be done by third parties, who will have no allegience to us, and therefore no real knowledge of our strengths and weaknesses.

Not ideal.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:11:29 »

opposition scouting and assessment will now be done by third parties, who will have no allegience to us, and therefore no real knowledge of our strengths and weaknesses.

Not ideal.

You mean asides from the manager and coaches who make the decision as to who we sign and who we don't sign. They make the decisions, not any third party.

Again, just a fallacious assumption that is negative for the sake of being negative.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:16:09 »

This Phil Spencer guy has a lot more influence here than an agent really should have - it has to be a concern.

Furthermore, with Kenneth Ryder gone I would have to assume that all opposition scouting and assessment will now be done by third parties, who will have no allegience to us, and therefore no real knowledge of our strengths and weaknesses.

Not ideal.

That's not the point anyway.

The point is that people keep saying this agent Darren chappie is effectively in sole control of our recruitment policy, which just is not true.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:17:22 »

but BR, dont you think, this agents names pops sufficent times to make our selection of players perhaps not as random as you suggest, statistically speaking?
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:19:03 »

It;s mainly because Darren doesn't shut up about it, he's a massive self publicist I'm sure there are plenty other agents we are working with as well.

or maybe Darrens just a very good agent and his players are the only ones we've found worth looking at?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:19:19 »

but BR, dont you think, this agents names pops sufficent times to make our selection of players perhaps not as random as you suggest, statistically speaking?

not sure what you mean

What does that have to do with Commazzi, goalie, De Vita, Brazilian etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 11:19:44 »

Not ideal.

I wrote and deleted three replies in response to BR. All sounded like I was accusing Di Canio/Agent having a conflict of interest. I think the reply above summarises it better!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: