Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 18695 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 17:46:24 »

If Wilson came in for Ferry and Caddis and gave us back the money we paid for them, I'd take it.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #76 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 18:08:03 »

If Wilson came in for Ferry and Caddis and gave us back the money we paid for them, I'd take it.

Trouble is that would be two more we'd have to replace with unknown quantities
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 18:18:07 »

In terms of results, yes of course they should be playing in League One.  However from a purely realist point of view personally, both Sheffield clubs should not be playing in the 3rd Tier of English football.  It is exactly the same view I have with regards to wishing that Wigan were not a Premiership club.  On results they deserve to be up there but I would rather have a Nottingham Forest taking their place.
How fucking boring football would be if only the 'big clubs' were at the top. Fuck that.
Spencer_White

« Reply #78 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:11:44 »

How fucking boring football would be if only the 'big clubs' were at the top. Fuck that.

That would be the boredom called the 'Premier League' (top 4).
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:26:54 »

Oh dear.....not a great start...

And i thought Malpas got a rough deal when he took over!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-13575350

Wilson surely must have known he wouldn't be a popular appointment.  I though at times last season he was losing the plot, this confirms it.  Why on earth would he want to take on a role where nobody wants him?  Surely he could have found something else less controversial?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:28:55 »

Wilson surely must have known he wouldn't be a popular appointment.  I though at times last season he was losing the plot, this confirms it.  Why on earth would he want to take on a role where nobody wants him?  Surely he could have found something else less controversial?

Are you joking?  3 year contract at prob at least 300K a year...even if he doesn't make the end of next week, that's his pension sorted.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #81 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:33:43 »

Why on earth would he want to take on a role where nobody wants him? 

400 people with too much time on their hands. If he does well he'll be a god
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:36:25 »

Are you joking?  3 year contract at prob at least 300K a year...even if he doesn't make the end of next week, that's his pension sorted.

If he doesn't make the end of next week and gets paid off, yes it's worth it obviously - money for nothing!  However, to come out for your first game to a large number of the home support booing him (which I assume would be the case), I can't see being any fun.............
Spencer_White

« Reply #83 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:42:36 »

Sheffield United's jobless fans have spoken.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:45:03 »

Trouble is that would be two more we'd have to replace with unknown quantities
I'd take the money and take the chance. Don't get me wrong, they're both decent players but for the money we paid I'd expect better. Maybe they can both kick on next season but I'd cut and run if I could
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:48:14 »

Makes me chuckle town fans wanting him to cock up at sheff u to justify his sacking here and claim he would never have kept us up anyway..good to see the wilson out mob still floating around when we're onto our 3rd manager since his departure..wankers
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #86 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 19:57:20 »

I couldn't give a shit if he's succesful or not. I don't want him to fail but I couldn't care less if he does. He's no longer anything to do with us and the goodwill he had with me for 09/10 was used up by his useless signings, dodgy team selection and substitutions, bad tactics and an inability to motivate his players in 10/11.

deltaincline

« Reply #87 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 20:44:49 »

did i actually blame hart for relegation there?  and 'jog on'?  grow up...

You said: 'When he left we were still in a very savable position but Hart was way out of his depth and made all the wrong decisions.'

If that's not blaming Hart, why mention him?

As someone else said, Wilson may or may not be a good bloke - I'm willing to bet that very few who want to publicly suck him off ever met him, so wouldn't know if was or wasn't - but he has a massive black mark against him as a manager for last season.

And if Fitton really did interfere that much, I'd have thought Wilson would have been better off just resigning, rather than allowing the situation to spiral downwards and to damage his reputation.

Good managers don't allow themselves to get into situations like that, they just fuck off.

Oh, and apologies for telling you to Jog on - must have been the crate of Wife Beater... Hic Grin
Wiggler

« Reply #88 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 20:51:08 »

Wilson gave us our best season in years, history will judge him kindly for that  Book Read

Personally I can't hate the bloke, that night at Charlton will stay with me forever, the rest will fade.
Got a feeling he'll do alright at Sheff Utd too. I'll be surprised if they're not up there next season Hmmm

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 20:57:05 »

but i still didn't actually blame hart for relegation, of course we were in the shit when he arrived and it was a tough job but i still believe it was an achievable one, everyone was to blame for last season and all i meant was that it wasn't solely wilson's.

i didn't see anyone calling fitton a cunt etc (or whatever words have been used along the way) when he stepped down as chaiman so why should wilson be so?

and thanks for the apology on the 'jog on' front, i can't abide that phrase at all. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: